Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-30-2015, 07:25 AM   #155
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
I think a Gen 5.2 Camaro is exactly what the people want. They are not going to vary far from one of their most successful body styles. GM has been down this road before with the Camaro. Ford had to do something extremely different. GM does not.
Why did Ford have to do something extremely different? Sales were nearly equal since the Camaro went on sale.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:06 AM   #156
GearBangr

Drives: 97Z,02TA
Quote:
I think a Gen 5.2 Camaro is exactly what the people want. They are not going to vary far from one of their most successful body styles. GM has been down this road before with the Camaro. Ford had to do something extremely different. GM does not.
I also would like a 5.2 gen Camaro. As well as many other people Ive talked to. Its one of the best looking cars on the road IMO.
I think for the entire 5th gen run. Ford went through 3-4 different styles of the Mustang.
GearBangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:08 AM   #157
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
We need pictures!!!!!! I just want it to be revealed so I can decide whether or not to hold off on buying a car.

I don't understand why they are being so secretive. Hopefully GM has come up with something worth hiding. Also, wouldn't you want to get some media attention to get a buzz going for the car? If it's going to go on sale this year, i would think it has to be revealed fairly soon, unless the Camaro is really low on GM's list of priorities now that they used the first slot in the biggest car show of the year to reveal a car that they can't currently produce profitably. Oh and it sells a quarter of the unit annually that the Camaro sells.
This is exactly why GM is keeping the Camaro hush hush, they still need to sell cars for the next 6-8 months and can't have people just waiting for the next new thing to arrive.
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:34 AM   #158
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
Quote:
Why did Ford have to do something extremely different? Sales were nearly equal since the Camaro went on sale.
What you talking about Willis???.. It's been a slaughter since the 5th Gen went on sale!!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:40 AM   #159
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes SS View Post
This is exactly why GM is keeping the Camaro hush hush, they still need to sell cars for the next 6-8 months and can't have people just waiting for the next new thing to arrive.
Every car is revealed way before it goes into production. The new Mustang was revealed December 2013. Lost sales would probably be made up by more people buying the new car.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:44 AM   #160
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
What you talking about Willis???.. It's been a slaughter since the 5th Gen went on sale!!!
I wouldnt consider a couple thousand units per year on a vehicles that sell nearly 100k units annually to be a slaughter
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:55 AM   #161

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I wouldnt consider a couple thousand units per year on a vehicles that sell nearly 100k units annually to be a slaughter
I believe you are correct. Sales are pretty close. In fact, they are one of the reasons Chevy gave for the '14 refresh at the time....Sales needed help from some restyling of the Camaro.

I know a lot of other factors determine sales, but even with the '14 it was said the 5th Gen styling was hurting sales, thus the re-fresh. I couldn't have imagined and to my knowledge it was never the plan to just "evolve" this 5thGen styling into the 6thGen...Something more "bold" and different was expected for the 6thGen.

I know some will still cheer-lead for the 5thgen to continue on into the 6thGen, but many voices..."insiders", etc. were calling the 5thGen styling as old and ran it's course two years ago....That's why an "evolved" 5th Gen/6thGen styling is somewhat of a let down....(so far, that is)...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:35 PM   #162
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Every car is revealed way before it goes into production. The new Mustang was revealed December 2013. Lost sales would probably be made up by more people buying the new car.
And it sure was a gamble by Ford to do so...the sales plummeted on the mustang after the reveal, but Ford intended on it hurting Camaro sales as well by revealing something new and fresh...everything between car-makers is a chess game, and as long as it stays that way, the consumers are the winners. When products are just made to suffice regulations, the consumer usually loses.
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:38 PM   #163
mako22

Drives: 2017 HB 2SS
Just because the reveal hasn't happened when we wanted it doesn't mean anything is wrong. There are people making a lot of money who's job it is to carefully plan the timing of the reveal. I agree it's frustrating to wait but that's all we can do.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:46 PM   #164
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

I know some will still cheer-lead for the 5thgen to continue on into the 6thGen, but many voices..."insiders", etc. were calling the 5thGen styling as old and ran it's course two years ago....That's why an "evolved" 5th Gen/6thGen styling is somewhat of a let down....(so far, that is)...
So why didn't Dodge get this memo about the Challenger, it's been essentially the same since 2008. Granted it's sales have never closed on the Camaro or Mustang.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:00 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
So why didn't Dodge get this memo about the Challenger, it's been essentially the same since 2008. Granted it's sales have never closed on the Camaro or Mustang.
If they weren't calling this a 6thGen Camaro, I'd say styling would be a non-issue....Go -Go- 5th Gen!

It was no secret when announced years ago, 6th Gen would have a new platform, new power-plants, even assembly would be in a new place...but mildly evolved 5th gen styling?? that wasn't advertised as part of the 6thGen...

Styling was also expected to be very different, and one of the main reasons this whole 6thGen forum was even created. Just look at some of the oldest threads in this forum....Enthusiasm and expectations for new and different styling were common....Now suddenly(?) the 5th Gen look is to carry sales for another 6 years?...

I hope the 6thGen looks fabulous...I'm sure it will...But if indeed it is a mildly evolved 5thGen, it won't hold up for another 6years, sales will suffer at some point and they may regret that they didn't swing for another home-run out of the gate with the 6th Gen styling to go along with the opportunity to tie it in with everything else that is new for the 6thGen.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:28 PM   #166
mako22

Quote:
Styling was also expected to be very different, and one of the main reasons this whole 6thGen forum was even created.
I think what you mean to say is YOU expected the styling to be different and that is why you think this forum was created. I don't know what sources you are talking about, but I never heard anyone with any "inside info" say that the 6th gen was going to be a dramatic departure from the 5th gen.

Let's wait for the car to be revealed before we start predicting a massive collapse in sales simply because (in camo) it looks too 5th gen for your liking...
Old 01-30-2015, 01:36 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
I think what you mean to say is YOU expected the styling to be different and that is why you think this forum was created. I don't know what sources you are talking about, but I never heard anyone with any "inside info" say that the 6th gen was going to be a dramatic departure from the 5th gen.

Let's wait for the car to be revealed before we start predicting a massive collapse in sales simply because (in camo) it looks too 5th gen for your liking...
...Maybe my post #56 in this thread might be a good example...
Old 01-30-2015, 01:42 PM   #168
mako22

Quote:
...Maybe my post #56 in this thread might be a good example...
That is a great example - of why you don't pin your hopes on a forum post from 2011. Despite everything that has been seen and heard since, you are clinging to that off-hand "rumor" from a forum member?

Kind of ridiculous don't you think?

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation