Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

Phastek Performance

Old 10-03-2014, 02:26 PM   #43
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Awesome video.. mannn I cant wait.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #44
16Camaroracer

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Ss 2dr coupe
okay cool1
16Camaroracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #45
16Camaroracer

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Ss 2dr coupe
This is two great. I'm changing my avatar now.

Previous Avatar:
16Camaroracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #46
91Z28350

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP 2010 Traverse LTZ
The Z06 sounded amazing! What a beast!
Old 08-28-2015, 07:15 PM   #47
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Will they be releasing these lap times anytime ? Or perhaps a new lap with the finished camaro
Old 08-28-2015, 07:47 PM   #48
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
Will they be releasing these lap times anytime ? Or perhaps a new lap with the finished camaro
Depends on whether or not they had an opportunity to run a lap on a clean lap on a clear track with no (or at least not too much) rain while they had a camera in the car to record it. Further complicating things is that I believe there was a speed limit imposed on a certain portion of the track as a safety precaution. If that was in place while GM was testing the new Camaro SS, there wouldn't be much point in releasing the time.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:38 PM   #49
Black Knight

Did not know theirs was a speed limit . If that's the case their needs to be a new track for all new cars to run their fastest lap for comparison
Old 08-28-2015, 11:05 PM   #50
Goblue1313

Drives: F350
Quote:
Did not know theirs was a speed limit . If that's the case their needs to be a new track for all new cars to run their fastest lap for comparison
They had the limits for a short time after a crash killed a spectator but it appears the limits have been removed.

http://m.autoevolution.com/nurburgri...deo-99262.html
Goblue1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 11:32 PM   #51
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
It was just on one or two sections, fast cars have a tendency to go airborne there and there was a fatal accident recently. The speed limit (which I think were well over 100 mph) would have complicated any attempt to set some sort of 'official' time. And I use 'official' in quotes because there is no governing body determining what is allowed & what isn't, other than the court of public opinion (which usually decides in favour of their particular brand & against all others). Anyways, the speed limit is supposed to be lifted next year after they make some adjustements to the track. I think they're mostly just repaving it to remove bumps (which can cause a car to lose control) but there are probably some minor tweaks as well to improve the safety of the track.

Anyway, the purpose of manufacturers going to the Nurburgring isn't to comparison test against each other. Its to sort out the suspension on their cars because there simply isn't a better place on the planet to do so. The 'Ring has such a diverse combination of loading conditions that they can simply get more data there in a week than they could in a month of going to other tracks. Once their work is done, some (like GM) will have a bit of fun and do a hot lap with a video camera to record it. But, and I can't stress this enough, that is only after they get their work done & not the reason for going there in the first place.

If you want comparable laps from different manufacturers, read Car & Drivers annual lightning lap comparison test. Its about as fair a comparison as anyone is going to get between a couple dozen different showroom stock cars on a race track. The Nurburgring times are almost meaningless, especially when trying to compare between different manufacturers. GM times to GM times are kinda OK, but even then its different drivers on different days (often different years) and hard to say how much driver skill & track conditions affect things.

All that said ... I'm curious to see what the 2016 SS will do at the Nurburgring. I'm guessing a 7:50ish time
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:43 AM   #52
Black Knight

I see, thanks for all info
What was the 1le time their ?

Last edited by Black Knight; 08-29-2015 at 10:44 AM. Reason: .
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation