Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 08-17-2018, 08:14 AM   #15
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
I could be wrong, but I believe catalytic converters are required in all 50 states.

But not all states have emissions testing
Yes that is correct. And I'm not even sure if the COPO comes with cats anyway as it is not a street legal vehicle. So they would have to be added on. Like I said, I know the guy went thru some lengthy process. But it's been a while since I read about it.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:54 AM   #16
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
I could be wrong, but I believe catalytic converters are required in all 50 states.

But not all states have emissions testing
Not only that, but how can any state say this brand new car doesn't require all the safety standards to be met and all the emissions standards to be met and yet say after a inspection that the car can now be registered and driven legally on the street. Air bags, crash standards, the law also mandates stability control, can go on forever.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 08:58 AM   #17
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Yes that is correct. And I'm not even sure if the COPO comes with cats anyway as it is not a street legal vehicle. So they would have to be added on. Like I said, I know the guy went thru some lengthy process. But it's been a while since I read about it.
No Cats on the COPO, and no computer to make sure engine is emission compliant.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #18
Balzdeep

Drives: Wicked Fast
This a factory race car, not a street car. I can build an 8 sec race car for a lot less than 130k. Lol.
Balzdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 12:13 PM   #19
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzdeep View Post
This a factory race car, not a street car. I can build an 8 sec race car for a lot less than 130k. Lol.
But would it have a full warranty and retain a very high value after 5 years? We all know that we can build a car to whatever HP specs a manufacturer comes out with for much less than what a car MSRPs at. So that's not a challenge. The thing is that the manufacturer is doing it while giving you a full warranty and it is a numbered car. Even now the 5th Gen COPO Camaros fetch at least $90K. Some of them well over $100K.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:25 PM   #20
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
I love it whenever these threads come up...

The Cobra Jets have been back since 2008 (40th anniversary of the 1968 Cobra Jet cars)..this isn't new. They've always been non-street production cars, dedicated drag racers for NHRA sportsman classes..they're no more amazing than the COPO's or DragPak's.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:51 PM   #21
LS6-M22
Rockcrusher

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
But would it have a full warranty and retain a very high value after 5 years? We all know that we can build a car to whatever HP specs a manufacturer comes out with for much less than what a car MSRPs at. So that's not a challenge. The thing is that the manufacturer is doing it while giving you a full warranty and it is a numbered car. Even now the 5th Gen COPO Camaros fetch at least $90K. Some of them well over $100K.
The COPO Camaros do not come with any factory warranty. The same gos for the Mustang Cobra Jets and Challanger Drag Paks. All factory race cars and all off road use only.
LS6-M22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:41 AM   #22
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
I love it whenever these threads come up...

The Cobra Jets have been back since 2008 (40th anniversary of the 1968 Cobra Jet cars)..this isn't new. They've always been non-street production cars, dedicated drag racers for NHRA sportsman classes..they're no more amazing than the COPO's or DragPak's.
This exactly - and all the whining that comes along with the "price tag".

It's a collector race car, if it's not your thing no big deal...but they sell out every year, so complain about price all you want, the manufacturers aren't worried.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote