Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-27-2018, 09:21 PM   #43
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
it would be nice if manufacturers would not change the vehicle significantly so that sales volumes can reach a level that makes it profitable for an aftermarket to be successful servicing.

Unfortunately, i doubt that is a concern to anyone at GM. So, look forward to an ever declining aftermarket with ever increasing parts prices (both from the manufacturers and aftermarket).

Since i'll be driving mine till around 2030 at least, my next camaro will likely be all electric. Assuming we can still own and drive our own cars at that time.
Im with you on that. Keeping mine for 20 years is the goal.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:49 AM   #44
TheWiseWolf

Drives: Camaro
If their is a 7th gen

I think we will see the introduction of the first Hybrid Camaro and a possible drop in a V8 Camaro. I think they will still keep the SS name but an 8 cyl Camaro might be dead. Possibly replaced by a V6 twin turbo version.
TheWiseWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:35 PM   #45
JefemanG

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
I just hope the Camaro survives long enough to build the gen 7. With the 2019 update, sales might tank to the point where they discontinue the Camaro altogether.

Some people claim the new model is growing on them. The more I look at it the worse it gets. I just keep asking myself what they were thinking.

If I screwed up this big at my job I’d be looking for new work.
Yeah, but you're talking to enthusiasts. Non-enthusiasts love the new look more. The real question is while Chevy pull in enough of your "average" consumer to buy the base model packages like Ford did with the S550, or will enthusiasts who have been driven away hurt it more than the extra clientele they bring in.

I'm willing to bet it will be successful like the Mustang's current gen. We'll see how it actually plays out, but Chevy made the move with selling more baseline units in line, not catering to those of us who already love the SS.
JefemanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:50 PM   #46
lawguy85

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JefemanG View Post
Yeah, but you're talking to enthusiasts. Non-enthusiasts love the new look more.
Source? Cite to go with that claim?
lawguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:14 PM   #47
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
The unfortunate part is, the 7th gen is likely to continue off of the 6th gen refresh style. I guess we’ll have to wait and see how that turns out. If the refresh flops and the 7th gen keeps it, that may be the end.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:41 PM   #48
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
I don't see it being discontinued with the Camaro being used in the NASCAR series. That's why they got rid of the SS platform. Not sure a Malibu would be an acceptable change and it would already be in the works if they planned on changing.
NASCAR is dying a slow death. The younger generations don't care about auto racing.

The American love of the automobile dies a little more with each generation.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:45 PM   #49
GelflingEssence
Banned

Drives: 2016 Challenger SRT 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Assuming we can still own and drive our own cars at that time.
Me thinks your tinfoil hat is on too tight. You should adjust before permanent damage ensues.
GelflingEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:57 PM   #50
TheWiseWolf

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GelflingEssence View Post
Me thinks your tinfoil hat is on too tight. You should adjust before permanent damage ensues.
Well their is that theory that one day we will all have self driving cars and you wont have to drive yourself anywhere anymore. The steering wheel will be replaced by some computer driving you.

If you really think about it...its not that far fetched.
TheWiseWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:23 PM   #51
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GelflingEssence View Post
If you think the government will allow humans to drive around when technology will do it safer and more predictably along with more government/corporate control over your movement then it's not me who needs their tinfoil hat adjusted.

It's not a matter of if. It's just a matter of when. Public safety dictates that this future _MUST_ be the direction personal vehicles progress to because the public sucks at it, and the cost of a vehicle that spends 80+% of it's time parked will be unjustifiable.

It'll start with discounts on choosing self driving cars...then the insurance companies will price policies for not letting the car drive itself higher. Then laws will be put on the books limiting when you can manually drive a car for safety reasons...then this will feed back on itself until it's too expensive for anyone but the 1% to drive themselves legally. While this is going on, consumers will care less about their car since they dont drive it and manufacturers will consolidate their product lines as sales drop. Cars as a service industry will replace personal ownership as they will be too convenient and affordable to justify having your own nameless econobox. Much like how you dont care about the type of airplane you fly, you wont care about the type of car so cars will all evolve a normalized shape for certain functional and passenger requirements.

That is the dystopian hellscape that gearheads have to look forward to with cars on public roads. But eventually something new will come along and it'll start over again. Just not on public roadways.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:22 PM   #52
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
NASCAR is dying a slow death. The younger generations don't care about auto racing.

The American love of the automobile dies a little more with each generation.
Nascar needs to change somehow or it will be dead , for the younger generation Nascar offers nothing . Kids love racing when its exciting and don't last long , they don't want to sit in front of a TV for 4 hours and not participate in whats happening . They are racing online with there friends and they are interacting with what is going on.When i first got into nascar the only game was Pong , it was fun but watching drivers like Parsons,Allison and Yarborough battle was great and kept me hooked till Earnhardts death .Now the drivers are boring the cars are boring and the racing suffers .
The american love for the automobile is very strong,the problem is most cars are becoming boring to drive and cost a good bit of money so they won't draw in the new people and may die off, but it won't be the fault of the younger generation.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 04:28 PM   #53
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The unfortunate part is, the 7th gen is likely to continue off of the 6th gen refresh style. I guess we’ll have to wait and see how that turns out. If the refresh flops and the 7th gen keeps it, that may be the end.
I don't think that anything from the 6th gen will carry over to the 7th gen except for the eLSD and the bowtie . Lighter, smaller and faster will be the only given.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:54 PM   #54
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I don't think that anything from the 6th gen will carry over to the 7th gen except for the eLSD and the bowtie . Lighter, smaller and faster will be the only given.
Smaller will be a huge fail. So hopefully your "given" has a bit of flexibility.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:17 PM   #55
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Maybe, but the 6th gen definitely carried over the 5th gen refresh styling. I think they were hoping to make the 6th gen refresh enough of a deviation that the 7th gen could continue it, while moving on from the 1st gen influence.

Smaller will not work. The 6th gen is too small, in my opinion.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:49 PM   #56
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Smaller will be a huge fail. So hopefully your "given" has a bit of flexibility.
I think smaller will bring in more sales then it will lose , i do mean over all size not so much interior , nice to see a SS 1LE in the 3450 lb range . The 6th Gen is still kinda a big heavy car .