#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #113
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
You just like being adversarial, don't you? I just find it ironic the only thing you can troll about with the Demon or the HC (with its puny shaft and wheels) is its straight line speed.

"Oh, there are plenty of people that care. Im sure there are many closet Demon fans even on this site. Awesome car. Its hurting the feelings of many who thought they had fast cars. You guys shouldn't be so worried. Its so fast that it is its own worst competitor by being banned from running. I've never herd of that from a production car. You'll have to wait for that rich guy to install the cage before you have to worry about getting smoke by one. Most likey though, that same guy will increase performance even more if he takes it that far."

If you can afford 100kish for a Demon...it's not even a hiccup to spare the expense for a cage...if you so desire.

Enough said.
Hahaha!!! It always makes me laugh when people type "enough said".

I always think of this. Haha!! Thanks for the laugh.

Last edited by motorhead; 07-24-2018 at 11:41 PM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:59 PM   #114
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
It isn't that they aren't as fast as advertised because a (presumably) stock Demon did run 9.65. The fact that it took a highly prepped track on a perfect day with a good driver and lots of practice to run that time is immaterial... the car did do it.

Now if I bought a Demon and expected to run 9.65 that would be almost as stupid as thinking I could buy a ZL1 and run 7:16 at the ring.

Just because normal human beings can't replicate times doesn't mean that the car is not that fast.
You just tried to compare a 9 second straight line pass, to a 436 second test of driver skill on arguably the most challenging circuit on planet Earth. Definitely apples to apples lmao.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:10 PM   #115
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
You just tried to compare a 9 second straight line pass, to a 436 second test of driver skill on arguably the most challenging circuit on planet Earth. Definitely apples to apples lmao.
OK, let's do it this way then... an extreme example to make a point.

John Force's funny car runs, basically, 4 seconds for the 1,000'. So he can advertise his car as a 4 second car.

Now let's let normal human beings drive his car at their local track without the benefit of any practice. Nobody will run 4's... or 5's... or 6's... or 7's... or 8's.................................

Does that mean it is not as fast as advertised?
Iron Lung Jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:19 PM   #116
motorhead

Quote:

John Force's funny car runs, basically, 4 seconds for the 1,000'. So he can advertise his car as a 4 second car.

Now let's let normal human beings drive his car at their local track without the benefit of any practice. Nobody will run 4's... or 5's... or 6's... or 7's... or 8's.................................

I remember when the gen5 ZL1 came out and it didnt run as advertised and they even then resorted to drag tires to get it there. The shoe was on the other foot then. The fanboys were making excuses left and right. Atleast this Demon has a documented time from NHRA. Thus promoting them to issue the Ban.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:22 PM   #117
ninetres

Quote:

Nobody is talking about funny cars. We are discussing production cars.

Back to reality:

—What percent of Demon owners will buy with intention of hitting a drag strip in it at some point?

—what percent of ZL1 owners buy with intentions of taking it for a timed lap of the ring?
Old 11-16-2017, 03:25 PM   #118
ninetres

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I remember when the gen5 ZL1 came out and it didnt run as advertised and they even then resorted to drag tires to get it there. The shoe was on the other foot then. The fanboys were making excuses left and right. Atleast this Demon has a documented time from NHRA. Thus promoting them to issue the Ban.
Post up some g5 ZL1 commercials or magazine ads with 1/4 times claimed. I don’t know what your talking about so I want to be on the same page.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:34 PM   #119
motorhead

Quote:
Post up some g5 ZL1 commercials or magazine ads with 1/4 times claimed. I don’t know what your talking about so I want to be on the same page.
All you need to do is slip over to Camaro5 and read past threads. You obviously don't believe what you read or watch anyhow ,or we wouldnt be doing the back and forth over the Demon's documented time.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:36 PM   #120
motorhead

I said before that mm this thread shouldn't be in this section. It should be in other car discussions. There wouodnt have been as much arguing over this crap then mostly.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:38 PM   #121
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Nobody is talking about funny cars. We are discussing production cars.

Back to reality:

—What percent of Demon owners will buy with intention of hitting a drag strip in it at some point?

—what percent of ZL1 owners buy with intentions of taking it for a timed lap of the ring?
You are willfully ignoring the point.

A stock Demon ran 9.65. Documented fact. Just because nobody has been able to replicate that doesn't mean a stock Demon cannot run a 9.65.

If I bought a Demon and couldn't run 9.65 I wouldn't blame the car.
Iron Lung Jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:51 PM   #122
ninetres

Quote:
You are willfully ignoring the point.

A stock Demon ran 9.65. Documented fact. Just because nobody has been able to replicate that doesn't mean a stock Demon cannot run a 9.65.

If I bought a Demon and couldn't run 9.65 I wouldn't blame the car.
I see a difference between being a tick off the advertised speed, and being grossly off the advertised capability. 1.5 seconds in a 9 second drag race is an eternity.

If I believed they hype, bought one, and couldn’t best an 11.0......I would be disappointed. That was the best time from several industry auto enthusiasts that raced them all day long. If that wouldn’t disappoint you, more power to ya.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:53 PM   #123
ninetres

Quote:
All you need to do is slip over to Camaro5 and read past threads. You obviously don't believe what you read or watch anyhow ,or we wouldnt be doing the back and forth over the Demon's documented time.
You could have just said, “Sorry Ninetres, I don’t actually know of any GM advertising overstating g5 ZL1 capability, and since you called me out about this fact, I’ll admit I was talking out of my ass”.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:55 PM   #124
ninetres

If chevy ran endless ads about a 2019 ZL1 running 8.50 1/4 miles, and nobody could go sub 10.0......I would be equally as disappointed in the misleading advertising. Same same.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:55 PM   #125
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Wrong.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chev...amaro_zl1.html

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2017, 04:06 PM   #126
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Wrong.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chev...amaro_zl1.html

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Good link Sven. They're wrong on far more than just that.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote