Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-15-2017, 08:31 PM   #99
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
The Demon's skinnies are not DOT approved so that's probably not going to happen.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:38 PM   #100
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Well we shall see lol should be a YouTube video coming soon.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:25 PM   #101
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Dodge sucks. Both JD Power and Consumer Reports validate that. As I stated before it isn't the performance its the reliability. I am not a lifetime Chevy fan by any means, but right now I am very impressed with there quality and engineering. I mean who engineers a performance car with skinny tires? Instead of keep throwing HP at the car GM actually engineers the car to use it.
Do you happen to have a link to share?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
I am speaking about the Challenger platform in general. Why would a car with 707hp come from the factory with 275s? It makes you have to question their engineering thought? What is more important in a performance car, trunk space or clearance for big meat? In the demon they basically solved the problem by attaching bolt on truck fenders. Not the kind of engineered car I want. But you take the new ZL1, 1/4 mile is probably it's weakest point if you can call that weak. It's prowess on the track is pretty much a fact. It will make a great DD. It comes with tires appropriate for it's use. So I will take the modern expertly engineered, reliable, safe ZL1 over any Dodge product. I do like Mustangs and wouldn't be opposed to owning one if it meets my needs. And when the drag strip edition comes out Chevy will own the 1/4, and you won't have to buy a box.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
And since 2019 will be the 40th anniversary of the original ZL1 which was a drag strip edition, GM won't miss the opportunity.
But you don't race so why do you care about the tires? Or just go buy some brand new tires for it.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:44 AM   #102
greaser2

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1 KG
Seems the honeymoon is over for the Demon. Don’t know anyone that cares.
greaser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:59 AM   #103
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by greaser2 View Post
Seems the honeymoon is over for the Demon. Don’t know anyone that cares.
Oh, there are plenty of people that care. Im sure there are many closet Demon fans even on this site. Awesome car. Its hurting the feelings of many who thought they had fast cars. You guys shouldn't be so worried. Its so fast that it is its own worst competitor by being banned from running. I've never herd of that from a production car. You'll have to wait for that rich guy to install the cage before you have to worry about getting smoke by one. Most likey though, that same guy will increase performance even more if he takes it that far.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:10 AM   #104
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Oh, there are plenty of people that care. Im sure there are many closet Demon fans even on this site. Awesome car. Its hurting the feelings of many who thought they had fast cars. You guys shouldn't be so worried. Its so fast that it is its own worst competitor by being banned from running. I've never herd of that from a production car. You'll have to wait for that rich guy to install the cage before you have to worry about getting smoke by one. Most likey though, that same guy will increase performance even more if he takes it that far.
I'm not emotional about my vehicles...so "my feelings" are not hurt.

And I've been wondering why this thread is posted in this forum. Oh well.

I had a '70 Charger 500, and thought it was old when it was just 13. Won't make that mistake again. For what it's worth: I wanted a HC...or a Demon...until I heard of, saw and drove a ZL1.

jfyi: the reason it is banned is that it has been advertised as a 9.xx second car. That time requires a cage.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:23 AM   #105
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
I'm not emotional about my vehicles...so "my feelings" are not hurt.

And I've been wondering why this thread is posted in this forum. Oh well.

I had a '70 Charger 500, and thought it was old when it was just 13. Won't make that mistake again. For what it's worth: I wanted a HC...or a Demon...until I heard of, saw and drove a ZL1.

jfyi: the reason it is banned is that it has been advertised as a 9.xx second car. That time requires a cage.
Guess you didnt read my post. I know why its banned ,and that is very easy to figure from my post. That's why I said that they would have to wait until rich guy installs a cage to get smoked.

Doesnt anyone recieve anything they read anymore?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:31 AM   #106
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
http://www.jdpower.com/press-release...lity-study-vds

Scroll to the bottom and you'll see the chart. Fiat/Chrysler also routinely ranks at the bottom in the Initial Quality study by JD Power as well.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 10:34 AM   #107
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

But you don't race so why do you care about the tires? Or just go buy some brand new tires for it.
I think you might be capable of doing that yourself.

My 5th gen just came out of warranty and I will begin mods to race the car, My only issue now is do I mod it for the 1/4 or the track, because I will have to decide if I want to buy the ZL1-1LE or the new 1/4 mile monster coming out. But you know what, Dodge has never entered my mind as a possibility. Mustang maybe but so far Chevy is better. The Demon is a niche car that will mainly end up in a warehouse somewhere.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:40 AM   #108
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Guess you didnt read my post. I know why its banned ,and that is very easy to figure from my post. That's why I said that they would have to wait until rich guy installs a cage to get smoked.

You just like being adversarial, don't you? I just find it ironic the only thing you can troll about with the Demon or the HC (with its puny shaft and wheels) is its straight line speed.

"Oh, there are plenty of people that care. Im sure there are many closet Demon fans even on this site. Awesome car. Its hurting the feelings of many who thought they had fast cars. You guys shouldn't be so worried. Its so fast that it is its own worst competitor by being banned from running. I've never herd of that from a production car. You'll have to wait for that rich guy to install the cage before you have to worry about getting smoke by one. Most likey though, that same guy will increase performance even more if he takes it that far."

If you can afford 100kish for a Demon...it's not even a hiccup to spare the expense for a cage...if you so desire.

Enough said.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:35 PM   #109
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Stop being a baby, and realize that what fiat has done is #uck÷$! Awesome!
Yeah, like doing business with Iran, that's #ucki$! awesome....
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:37 PM   #110
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 01:39 PM   #111
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:

But they aren’t as fast as advertised. Over here in the real world they aren’t running 9s, and at a giant testing event 11.0 was the best they could muster on race gas and all. So they aren’t “banned” unless they actually show up to a drag strip and run fast enough to get flagged for not having a cage. Has that happened yet other than the mythical 9.65 pass dodge markets? Because I haven’t seen it. Please provide evidence.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:17 PM   #112
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
But they aren’t as fast as advertised. Over here in the real world they aren’t running 9s, and at a giant testing event 11.0 was the best they could muster on race gas and all. So they aren’t “banned” unless they actually show up to a drag strip and run fast enough to get flagged for not having a cage. Has that happened yet other than the mythical 9.65 pass dodge markets? Because I haven’t seen it. Please provide evidence.
It isn't that they aren't as fast as advertised because a (presumably) stock Demon did run 9.65. The fact that it took a highly prepped track on a perfect day with a good driver and lots of practice to run that time is immaterial... the car did do it.

Now if I bought a Demon and expected to run 9.65 that would be almost as stupid as thinking I could buy a ZL1 and run 7:16 at the ring.

Just because normal human beings can't replicate times doesn't mean that the car is not that fast.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote