Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 11-17-2017, 12:44 PM   #183
TheShooter
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Charger Hellcat
I've had bad luck with Chevy, but I know it's LUCK because millions of people love Chevy. I've had great luck with Dodge and Jeep, but I know it's LUCK because millions of people hate Dodge and Jeep.
Bad luck with Subaru
Good Luck with Mercedes
Terrible luck with BMW
Great luck with Mitsubishi

Buy the car you like and ignore silly statements from fanboys. My Hellcat has needed nothing but oil changes. Chevy had to buy back my friends Vettes TWICE. But he had bad luck and he knows it.

I've owned 2014 Wranger and it was bulletproof. So was my 2012 Overland, 2015 SRT 392 etc.

I'm not afraid of ANY brand. If I like a car, I roll the dice and give it a try. Maybe my ZL1 will have issues. My friends have had issues with cooling (fixed) and a bad seat (replaced). So what? I'm still getting a ZL1.

You want to live in peace and watch Hee Haw reruns? Go buy a Camry and stay in the shallow end of the pool. Anyone who brand bashes isn't much of a car enthusiast.

R.
TheShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #184
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
I doubt Dodge will be gone. The Viper speaks to the performance capabilty of Chrysler Corp. Many of my friends own Dodge cars and truck and love them. When people come to the Camaro 6 website to investigate you can run them off because you disagree with them or you can rope them in with postive facts about your car. Your choice.
Most new vehicles are light years better than they used to be. I'm an avid Chevy guy but am open to the performance of all cars. No sweat off my butt if I get beat on a dragstrip, I do it for the love of the sport. I'm competitive but not hateful. Just be happy we have options today. The Demon, with a savvy owner will produce results as they have been advertised and likely even better after a bit of time. Car guy nature.
The Viper is already gone.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #185
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter View Post
I've had bad luck with Chevy, but I know it's LUCK because millions of people love Chevy. I've had great luck with Dodge and Jeep, but I know it's LUCK because millions of people hate Dodge and Jeep.
Bad luck with Subaru
Good Luck with Mercedes
Terrible luck with BMW

Buy the car you like and ignore silly statements from fanboys. My Hellcat has needed nothing but oil changes. Chevy had to buy back my friends Vettes TWICE. But he had bad luck and he knows it.

I've owned 2014 Wranger and it was bulletproof. So was my 2012 Overland, 2015 SRT 392 etc.

I'm not afraid of ANY brand. If I like a car, I roll the dice and give it a try. Maybe my ZL1 will have issues. My friends have had issues with cooling (fixed) and a bad seat (replaced). So what? I'm still getting a ZL1.

You want to live in peace and watch Hee Haw reruns? Go buy a Camry and stay in the shallow end of the pool. Anyone who brand bashes isn't much of a car enthusiast.

R.
When will your Camaro arrive? Tells us about your order! You’ve been saying you’re going to buy one for at least 5 months now. Glad you pulled the trigger!
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:27 PM   #186
TheShooter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
When will your Camaro arrive? Tells us about your order! You’ve been saying you’re going to buy one for at least 5 months now. Glad you pulled the trigger!

I didn't pull the trigger yet. Here why I held off...

1) Reached out to Chevy about building me a 1LE with an A10 transmission because I've got some damage to my left foot. They actually talked to me about it, but it fell apart and they couldn't/wouldn't do it. And so...

2) Following that a fellow "hinted" that I should wait for the refresh and I might get everything I want.

3) Upon the release of the new Vette, I think the ZL1 will get than engine. Yet another reason to chill out a bit longer.

I desperately want a ZL1, but I don't want buyers remorse in 4-6 months. As much fun as my Hellcat is, it's not the car to carve up the California mountain roads. But I'm hanging on just a bit longer.

Rob
Old 11-17-2017, 04:35 PM   #187
ninetres

Quote:
I didn't pull the trigger yet. Here why I held off...

1) Reached out to Chevy about building me a 1LE with an A10 transmission because I've got some damage to my left foot. They actually talked to me about it, but it fell apart and they couldn't/wouldn't do it. And so...

2) Following that a fellow "hinted" that I should wait for the refresh and I might get everything I want.

3) Upon the release of the new Vette, I think the ZL1 will get than engine. Yet another reason to chill out a bit longer.

I desperately want a ZL1, but I don't want buyers remorse in 4-6 months. As much fun as my Hellcat is, it's not the car to carve up the California mountain roads. But I'm hanging on just a bit longer.

Rob
Knew it.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:09 PM   #188
TheShooter
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Knew it.

Knew what exactly?

I bought 3 new cars in the last 14 months. You're upset that I didn't grab a ZL1 yet?

You do know that the refresh is right around the corner, right?

I prefer a "new" car.

R.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:15 PM   #189
ninetres

Quote:
Knew what exactly?

I bought 3 new cars in the last 14 months. You're upset that I didn't grab a ZL1 yet?

You do know that the refresh is right around the corner, right?

I prefer a "new" car.

R.
Not upset at all. Ive just chuckled over the last 5+ months of you constantly talking about buying one, even though you have 327 things you didn’t like about it. Even in this thread you constantly say “my ZL1”, but you don’t own one, or have any serious intention of buying any Camaro product GM currently offers of has previewed. Thanks for the constant laughs!

You don’t own a ZL1, or plan on buying one that’s offered, yet spend a tremendous amount of time on this board discussing them. It’s strange. I would never think to spend time on a mustang or HC board. But it’s a free country so comment away!
Old 11-17-2017, 05:53 PM   #190
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Bad luck with Subaru
Good Luck with Mercedes
Terrible luck with BMW

R.
Great way to rationalize that Dodge sucks. An individual incident does not make a trend. I use Cnet, consumer reports and JD Power to research reliability. If you were purchasing a washing machine would you purchase the lowest rated washing machine? According to JD Power and consumers report Dodge is the worst for reliability amongst three muscle cars that have similar performance. So why would you want to purchase a car that has the worst reliability? It is also behind in engineering. The current Challenger platform is two years older than the last generation of Camaros, they will be considered antiques before they get a new platform. They already killed the Viper, the writing is on the wall for the Challenger and probably the Dodge brand. If I want to buy a car for the quarter, buy a COPO, track a ZL1-1LE, an all around, the ZL1. Chevy has everything I could want and finely engineered with the correct tires for the application. The Demon is an afterthought and grabbing for it's last hurrah before they go to hell.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2017, 09:31 PM   #191
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
The Viper is already gone.
Doesn't dimish the car one bit. It's a capable track car.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 09:35 PM   #192
396ssrat

Quote:
Great way to rationalize that Dodge sucks. An individual incident does not make a trend. I use Cnet, consumer reports and JD Power to research reliability. If you were purchasing a washing machine would you purchase the lowest rated washing machine? According to JD Power and consumers report Dodge is the worst for reliability amongst three muscle cars that have similar performance. So why would you want to purchase a car that has the worst reliability? It is also behind in engineering. The current Challenger platform is two years older than the last generation of Camaros, they will be considered antiques before they get a new platform. They already killed the Viper, the writing is on the wall for the Challenger and probably the Dodge brand. If I want to buy a car for the quarter, buy a COPO, track a ZL1-1LE, an all around, the ZL1. Chevy has everything I could want and finely engineered with the correct tires for the application. The Demon is an afterthought and grabbing for it's last hurrah before they go to hell.

I would call it a damn smart move. Why couldn't Chevy think of it first?
Old 11-17-2017, 09:36 PM   #193
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Doesn't dimish the car one bit. It's a capable track car.
And I never said it was, it was a fantastic track car and one of the targets of Chevrolet on the track which questions more it's demise. At this point you have to wonder what Fiat will do with Dodge.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:00 AM   #194
396ssrat

Quote:
And I never said it was, it was a fantastic track car and one of the targets of Chevrolet on the track which questions more it's demise. At this point you have to wonder what Fiat will do with Dodge.

Sell more of them most likely. Hell, I'm surprised GM dropped the Pontiac over the Buick though.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:06 AM   #195
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:

I personally have never used consumer reports for any car related purchase I have ever made. And I doubt you do either. I saw the HC, I saw what it is and what it offers, and I bought one. There are tons of people on Hellcat forums that will tell you that the Hellcat is a well built machine. And there are tons of people who will attest to the reliability of the Hellcat. Yet you still go off on rants about reliability. If any of what you said was true then you would have never bought a Camaro considering the safety ratings and the poor results they have in crash testing. Or is that ok but you draw the line at "reliability"? I take it that it isn't about the consumer reports you allegedly read and you're just hating on it because it isn't Chevy and you're using the reports as an excuse. Nice try. There are literally 3 people here, 2 of whom actually own a Hellcat (one being myself) who have told you constantly that you're wrong. Yet you steadfastly and stubbornly choose to cling to your ill-conceived reservations. You can literally go to any track, any car meet, or join a forum or FB group and discuss it with owners but you won't. So any further discussion with you is just chasing wind. Think what you want.

And for the record, Dodge has several vehicles. Even if they are at the bottom it could be possible that some of the other lower level vehicles are not dependable while the more expensive vehicles like the Hellcat and Demon are built a little better. Dodge is not going to put a vehicle as expensive as the Hellcat and Demon out there and build it to fall apart. Do you really think they would? But again, think what you want.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:56 AM   #196
396ssrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I personally have never used consumer reports for any car related purchase I have ever made. And I doubt you do either. I saw the HC, I saw what it is and what it offers, and I bought one. There are tons of people on Hellcat forums that will tell you that the Hellcat is a well built machine. And there are tons of people who will attest to the reliability of the Hellcat. Yet you still go off on rants about reliability. If any of what you said was true then you would have never bought a Camaro considering the safety ratings and the poor results they have in crash testing. Or is that ok but you draw the line at "reliability"? I take it that it isn't about the consumer reports you allegedly read and you're just hating on it because it isn't Chevy and you're using the reports as an excuse. Nice try. There are literally 3 people here, 2 of whom actually own a Hellcat (one being myself) who have told you constantly that you're wrong. Yet you steadfastly and stubbornly choose to cling to your ill-conceived reservations. You can literally go to any track, any car meet, or join a forum or FB group and discuss it with owners but you won't. So any further discussion with you is just chasing wind. Think what you want.

And for the record, Dodge has several vehicles. Even if they are at the bottom it could be possible that some of the other lower level vehicles are not dependable while the more expensive vehicles like the Hellcat and Demon are built a little better. Dodge is not going to put a vehicle as expensive as the Hellcat and Demon out there and build it to fall apart. Do you really think they would? But again, think what you want.
I have a friend with a Demon VIN already. He has been waiting for his car to leave the factory for three weeks but it is tied up in the inspection process. They are going to great lengths to get the car right. It's alot of car and that doesn't take a thing away from the incredible ZL1.