Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-24-2021, 06:24 PM   #1
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Anyone building retro Camaros like this...

https://revologycars.com/

MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:39 PM   #2
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
https://www.brandnewmusclecar.com
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:53 PM   #3
Ademarco

Drives: 18 Ford Raptor, 21 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
Wow! Nice website. $200k for a Gone in 60 Seconds Eleanor. I guess I gotta keep saving my pennies.
Ademarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 05:48 AM   #4
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ademarco View Post
Wow! Nice website. $200k for a Gone in 60 Seconds Eleanor. I guess I gotta keep saving my pennies.
Ya, that's the problem with building a good old school retro pony car. By the time you upgrade everything (the way I'd want it), I'd have more into it then just buying myself a brand new ZL1. With the brand new ZL1 you have all the latest and greatest tech. I'd always choose new over rebuilt old, but that's just me. Rebuilt retro is cool to look at, but that's about as far as it would ever go for me.
jamala00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:01 AM   #5
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Ya, that's the problem with building a good old school retro pony car. By the time you upgrade everything (the way I'd want it), I'd have more into it then just buying myself a brand new ZL1. With the brand new ZL1 you have all the latest and greatest tech. I'd always choose new over rebuilt old, but that's just me. Rebuilt retro is cool to look at, but that's about as far as it would ever go for me.
A proper restomod is much more than just "rebuilt old", and no it's not going to come cheaply - unless you can do most of the work yourself. Like the guy who built the car pictured below, shown during one of his first-ever autocrosses (he's since stopped resting his arm on the door at events) . . . car is LS7-powered, BTW.

Much of the appeal of a restomod lies in having today's performance without today's bells and whistles. Getting away from (over)refinement and technology once in a while is a good thing.

Norm
Old 01-25-2021, 10:23 AM   #6
az4783054

Drives: SWXXZL1
Trans Am cars from Camaro...

https://transamflorida.com/hurst%20TA.htm

This one takes a few seconds to download...

https://transamdepot.com
Old 01-25-2021, 12:55 PM   #7
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1 View Post
Sweet
Old 01-25-2021, 12:57 PM   #8
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Like in both these websites....these cars are brand new from the ground up.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:59 PM   #9
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by az4783054 View Post
Trans Am cars from Camaro...

https://transamflorida.com/hurst%20TA.htm

This one takes a few seconds to download...

https://transamdepot.com
Not real pontiacs..but Chevys.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:11 PM   #10
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
A proper restomod is much more than just "rebuilt old", and no it's not going to come cheaply - unless you can do most of the work yourself. Like the guy who built the car pictured below, shown during one of his first-ever autocrosses (he's since stopped resting his arm on the door at events) . . . car is LS7-powered, BTW.

Much of the appeal of a restomod lies in having today's performance without today's bells and whistles. Getting away from (over)refinement and technology once in a while is a good thing.

Norm
Personal opinion... I personally like all the tech.
jamala00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 03:19 PM   #11
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
spent 25 years with a 66 pontiac and a 67 mustang.unless you rip out everything including suspension and interior and open your wallet real wide the new cars are better in every way.if i was to hit the lotto id like one of the restomods though.
redcoats1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:48 AM   #12
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post

Norm
Even if you can do the work, it still ain't cheap!

I certainly do appreciate the allure of getting away from all the modern bells and whistles for a while though. I would have never sold my Boss 429 if it hadn't gotten so stupid valuable that it made no sense to keep.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 12:36 PM   #13
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
I would ABSOLUTELY build the following:

- 1970 split bumper Camaro SS 396 clone out of a barebones 305 or V6 base model

- Factory original citrus green with tan leather interior

- Rebuild/machine a vintage 402 block (which is actually what the 396 was) with all sorts of modern goodies on it (cam, lifters, valves/springs, aluminum intake, fuel injection, aluminum headers)

- Those beautiful finned 1968-72 era Chevy valve covers. Seriously. Those are like artwork you can look at them all day.

- New Tremec 6 speed gearbox; Hurst shifter with a white cueball shift knob and the "H" logo on it and the deck lid.

- Art Morrison chassis, Fully independent front/rear suspension with coil overs; variable assist rack and pinion steering

- 1970 authentic replica 20" magnesium mag wheels

- Large Vented 6 piston Brembos, front and rear with red calipers

- Red SS badge on the grille and decklid, and that 396 badge on the front of the front fenders

- Totally load it with modern convenience and technology: cruise, tilt, power windows and locks with one-touch operation, power moonroof, A/C, rear defrost, heated and cooled leather power seats, LED backlit retro modern gauges, navigation/custom stereo integrated to look bone stock from 1970.

- Find a period correct Camaro SS steering wheel, and have it padded very thick and wrapped with soft leather.

When you look at it, from a distance the only giveaway that it wouldn't be exactly what it looked like in 1970 would be the wheels that are 6" larger than they were then, and the red 4 wheel disc brakes. As you peak inside, only the leather would be different to the untrained eye.

And I would drive it all the time. It wouldn't be a garage queen/show car. I'd drive it.

Last edited by Petrol Head; 02-18-2021 at 12:50 PM.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 03:00 PM   #14
BuddyLee

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ademarco View Post
Here's the conundrum. " You be like.."Lemme see...buy a house. Buy a car. Buy a house. Buy a car." Wife be like..."Are you out of your ever lovin' tiny pee-brained man-like mind?!"
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote