Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 11-17-2020, 09:20 AM   #7855
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
It really is. The sounds that thing makes are incredible, and from what I can tell make for an out of this world experience. That is really why it is on the list, all I have seen are youtube videos, but i can tell it makes for an amazing driving experience and everyone seems to love their M6 HC's.
I had to put an open filter intake on mine to really hear the whine. I don't think they are loud when stock. I can't hear the Eaton blower on my Camaro at all though.

I get the wanting the manual, just don't think you are going to touch any autos at the strip whether stock vs stock or mod vs mod in either a Hellcat or a ZL1.

My Hellcat would one wheel peel a lot too if turning. Their LSDs aren't very good.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 09:46 AM   #7856
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
I had to put an open filter intake on mine to really hear the whine. I don't think they are loud when stock. I can't hear the Eaton blower on my Camaro at all though.

I get the wanting the manual, just don't think you are going to touch any autos at the strip whether stock vs stock or mod vs mod in either a Hellcat or a ZL1.

My Hellcat would one wheel peel a lot too if turning. Their LSDs aren't very good.
Oh for sure, I have no grand elusions that a manual can compete with modern autos, I just think autos are extremely boring, which is the only reason I sold my M3. I really loved that car, I just wished I bought a manual.

I'm not much of a racer, but with Houston Raceway( f.k.a. Royal Purple raceway) being only 30 minutes from me, I am sure I would take it to the strip a few times, it's built for that after all and isnt as expensive as road course events. Wouldn't be concerned with winning, wouldnt impact my fun thats for sure.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:35 AM   #7857
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
At this point I am pretty sure I want to go with the top performing manual version I can get of whatever manufacturer I buy, with no tracking intended. I'm not sure we will see many more cars like these and I am a manual diehard. I have been itching for a new manual since I sold my 1LE and replaced it with an M3 DCT(also sold). The Voodoo kind of scares me from a long-term ownership standpoint, but the GT350 as a whole is amazing and maybe the best looking of this generation.

In my view, and my wants, Ford doesn't offer anything with a manual to compete with the M6 ZL1 and M6 HC WB.
GT350 is by far the best looking s550, those side gills on the quarter panels really work. The gt500 should have had them, looks very ordinary without them.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:44 AM   #7858
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
In many ways the reason a Mustang has never made it on my short list is because until recently Ford only offered the 5.0 with the MT-82. That was a big problem for me, I do not enjoy that transmission. I like the look of the Mustang quite a bit actually, especially the rear. The Mach 1 looks good and great with the HP, the GT350 looks GREAT, and I really like the pre-refresh GT even and silver is by far my favorite color in the S550, perfect color! GT500 looks good, but no interest of course with the DCT.

The Mach 1 is the Mustang I would have built for myself actually, it's the manual 5.0 that should have been around a long time ago. Its a true competitor to the 1LE IMO, I could see myself buying either one without feeling like I compromised somewhere with either choice. If I could buy a Mach 1 for what i could buy a 1LE for or reasonably close, then it would be on the list too. Heck, Im definitely going to test drive both Im just not confident I would get a good enough deal to land me in a Mach 1.
I bought my 19 GT before finding out that the Mach 1 was coming out with a tremec. However my GT is a procharged street car and for this application the mach1's tremec isn't that huge of an upgrade, sure it feels a lot better but its not really that much stronger and durable than an mt82 in a boosted car.

It's not the tremec tr6060 its the tr3160, and while much better than the mt82 on stock cars, at the end of the day on a boosted car it's a liability as well so I'm pretty content keeping the 19 GT with the MT82 and just getting it built when it eventually decides to go bye bye. Not too many people built tr3160s, they just swap to t56 magnums.

The 19s mt82 also got a hush hush upgrade on the shift forks so it's not as prone to breaking as the 18s were. It'll lock me out of gear here and there but it's really not that bad. Honestly while not feel anywhere near as robust or confidence inspiring as the Camaros tr6060, it feels great for daily driving as it is light and easy to row through when not being pushed.

..and I still think it's criminal that the top dog s550 didn't come with a manual option.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:29 AM   #7859
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
In my view, and my wants, Ford doesn't offer anything with a manual to compete with the M6 ZL1 and M6 HC WB.
There was a black Mustang GT PP2 w/Roush supercharger for sale when my friend went to see a Mustang and I went with him. I don't know how that compares to a ZL1 M6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
I bought my 19 GT before finding out that the Mach 1 was coming out with a tremec. However my GT is a procharged street car and for this application the mach1's tremec isn't that huge of an upgrade, sure it feels a lot better but its not really that much stronger and durable than an mt82 in a boosted car.

It's not the tremec tr6060 its the tr3160, and while much better than the mt82 on stock cars, at the end of the day on a boosted car it's a liability as well so I'm pretty content keeping the 19 GT with the MT82 and just getting it built when it eventually decides to go bye bye. Not too many people built tr3160s, they just swap to t56 magnums.

The 19s mt82 also got a hush hush upgrade on the shift forks so it's not as prone to breaking as the 18s were. It'll lock me out of gear here and there but it's really not that bad. Honestly while not feel anywhere near as robust or confidence inspiring as the Camaros tr6060, it feels great for daily driving as it is light and easy to row through when not being pushed.

..and I still think it's criminal that the top dog s550 didn't come with a manual option.
I dunno, the MT-82 almost feels like a family car manual to me. I mean, it's not the worst thing in a vacuum, but by sports car standards it's definitely not great.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 01:32 PM   #7860
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
I dunno, the MT-82 almost feels like a family car manual to me. I mean, it's not the worst thing in a vacuum, but by sports car standards it's definitely not great.

That is probably the most accurate way to describe the MT82 I have ever heard.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 04:01 PM   #7861
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
That is probably the most accurate way to describe the MT82 I have ever heard.
I agree. Loved the Tremec in the GT350. A week before driving that I drove a Bullitt with an MT-82. Hated it. It was okay if you were just going to the store and back. But for basic hoonary? Blech!!
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 04:01 PM   #7862
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
There was a black Mustang GT PP2 w/Roush supercharger for sale when my friend went to see a Mustang and I went with him. I don't know how that compares to a ZL1 M6.

Agreed. It is not the worst ever, but this could be the last manual muscle car I buy so I am not going to settle on that aspect of whatever car I buy.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:34 AM   #7863
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I agree. Loved the Tremec in the GT350. A week before driving that I drove a Bullitt with an MT-82. Hated it. It was okay if you were just going to the store and back. But for basic hoonary? Blech!!
Yea definitely not the best feeling when pushed for performance, feels mushy and will lock you out of gears from time to time, but as a commuter m6 it's actually pretty good. At the end of the day though, I know it's weak and that's a bummer regardless of it feeling decent.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #7864
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
The few days I had with a GT350, I had a BLAST! Loved the car. But as much fun as I had driving it, I kept thinking to myself “I can’t drive like this all the time. I’d get about 8 mpg and risk doing jail time”
Jealous!
Old 11-18-2020, 11:52 AM   #7865
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Oh for sure, I have no grand elusions that a manual can compete with modern autos, I just think autos are extremely boring, which is the only reason I sold my M3. I really loved that car, I just wished I bought a manual.

I'm not much of a racer, but with Houston Raceway( f.k.a. Royal Purple raceway) being only 30 minutes from me, I am sure I would take it to the strip a few times, it's built for that after all and isnt as expensive as road course events. Wouldn't be concerned with winning, wouldnt impact my fun thats for sure.
My loaded M6 LT1 with only tires and a Rotofab runs neck and neck and usually wins against auto SSes, GTs, and Dodge 392s. Some of them also have tires and a CAI. I know there are faster hero runs, but consistent 1.9 60s' 12.1s @ 116 (in not great air) is fast enough to be in the game. And this is with Al's builtin Camaro bog and an average driver.

But I guess being bored with an A10 ZL1 makes me an outlier like you.

"Save the Manuals!"

What seems to happen with manuals is most people give up before they can get the most out of the car.

Last edited by Fraxum; 11-18-2020 at 12:07 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:22 PM   #7866
Maro_89

Drives: High HP V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
I own three of these four cars so I can tell you my experience.

The C8 feels the most confident when pushing hard through turns, its low center of gravity and mid engine make the car feel really planted, just point the front of the car where you want to go and it goes there. It lacks a little power compared to the Hellcat and even the ZL1 to some degree, a 600+hp C8 should perform very well.

The Hellcat doesn't feel like a huge car until you've driven something smaller, lighter and more nimble. In fact, the Hellcat handles far better than a 4400+lb car should and it stops well too. Where the Hellcat really shines is comfort, its roomy on the inside for all 4 passengers, trunk space is huge, and its great for taking on long trips. When it comes to drag racing, this is the best platform of the three. Not only did Dodge give you a good size blower to work with, but port injection makes it easy to add E85 or more boost without running out of fuel. Its just a Helluva a lot cheaper to make a Hellcat go in the 9's in the 1/4 than a C8 or ZL1. Once I got my ZL1, driving the Hellcat feels like a big heavy car. I can see now why people call them boats. You don't realize it until you drive something else and then get into the Hellcat, that being said, it doesn't take any of the fun or charm away from the Hellcat, its an experience like no other and always puts a big grin on your face when your smashing the throttle.

That brings me to the ZL1, the numbers say this car actually handles slightly better than a C8, that might be true but it doesn't feel like its quite as easy to throw around as the C8 but that doesn't mean its lacking either. It feels heavier than the C8 and more upright. Since this car has a blower its easier to make it quicker than the C8 for drag racing but not as easy as the Hellcat. I feel like the ZL1 is a good cross between a Hellcat and C8 in performance.

This is so true, well said my man. I have a vette as well and driving in that for a while then jumping into the Hellcat it’s like wow it’s kinda big. But being an owner of the Hellcat you do get used to it’s size and it doesn’t feel so big after a while. There just two different cars for crying out loud lol.
Maro_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:45 PM   #7867
Maro_89

Drives: High HP V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I think we get pretty decent gas mileage for what these cars and and what they can do. Even after modding the Hellcat I still get decent MPGs. I haven't done any comparisons yet. But it seems like a full tank lasts as long now that I have 766 RWHP as it did when I was stock with an intake. I'm not noticing any difference at all.

Wow good to hear that!
Maro_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 10:28 AM   #7868
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
My loaded M6 LT1 with only tires and a Rotofab runs neck and neck and usually wins against auto SSes, GTs, and Dodge 392s. Some of them also have tires and a CAI. I know there are faster hero runs, but consistent 1.9 60s' 12.1s @ 116 (in not great air) is fast enough to be in the game. And this is with Al's builtin Camaro bog and an average driver.

But I guess being bored with an A10 ZL1 makes me an outlier like you.

"Save the Manuals!"

What seems to happen with manuals is most people give up before they can get the most out of the car.
Agreed, I've been running consistent mid 12s in a stock car in bad FL conditions, keep up the with the average stock real world autos at the strip just fine and usually pull on them on a roll.