Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-15-2015, 08:15 AM   #295
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post

How about we bash the people talking trash instead of those who are enthusiastic with what Chevy has accomplished.
Are you for real?

How about we bash no one and not advocate we start?

Not everyone has to blindly sing the praises of this car. I don't have 100% positive opinions, but it's not your place to imply that just because they might not be immediately buying the car that they don't have the right to their opinion.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:17 AM   #296
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco70 View Post
Really a 10 th of a second you guys kill me who gives a crap who's .10 to .03 faster. I believe the mustang is 12.6 in the 1/4 that's nothing still a drivers race. I've beat cars that were a 1/2 second faster or more and I've lost to slower cars a second isn't nothing on the street I see cars all the time with less hp beat cars with more hp. I'm starting to believe a lot of you guys are in your 20's oh those mustang guys are going to be so mad what are we 10.
The new Mustang is not a 12.6 car. 12.6 is rare hero run. 99% of Mustangs run around 13.0. Even at my drag strip most of them are in the low 13's, a few in the high 12's. The new Camaro is going to be a solid half second quicker, that is a lot with equal drivers.

EDIT: Just looked up a few tests too, one auto was 13.0, one manual was a 12.9 and three manuals were 13.0.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:21 AM   #297
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by addisonpeterson View Post
Hopefully it the automatic doesn't have some of the same overheating problems the Corvette has on the track.
Been fixed on the C7 for '16 by adding the Z06 coolers to the Z51.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:27 AM   #298
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco70 View Post
Really a 10 th of a second you guys kill me who gives a crap who's .10 to .03 faster. I believe the mustang is 12.6 in the 1/4 that's nothing still a drivers race. I've beat cars that were a 1/2 second faster or more and I've lost to slower cars a second isn't nothing on the street I see cars all the time with less hp beat cars with more hp. I'm starting to believe a lot of you guys are in your 20's oh those mustang guys are going to be so mad what are we 10.
Just stop. Annoying.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:29 AM   #299
Infantryman11C
High Angle Hell

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
not impressed

I can sadly say that I'm not impressed with the numbers. .97g's on the corners? My 1LE is rated at 1.05g's. And I know for a fact that ive had mine at 1.02g's with no handling problems. I'm not impressed with the horsepower increase either. it has less weight to power ratio that what I have. They went the way of Ford by adding more "bling" than performance. next thing you know they are going to tell me that it shines an "SS" on the ground when I open my doors at night like the Ford Shitstang and its stupid horse. I don't care for ambient lighting and fake exhaust tones being fed through my speakers. I want power and handling. IMO the 2016 Camaro took a step back. How about make the supercharger a standard addition to the SS models or maybe even a twin turbo option.

Brothers don't always have the same mother
Always remembered, Never forgotten
Infantryman11C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:31 AM   #300
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infantryman11C View Post
I can sadly say that I'm not impressed with the numbers. .97g's on the corners? My 1LE is rated at 1.05g's. And I know for a fact that ive had mine at 1.02g's with no handling problems. I'm not impressed with the horsepower increase either. it has less weight to power ratio that what I have. They went the way of Ford by adding more "bling" than performance. next thing you know they are going to tell me that it shines an "SS" on the ground when I open my doors at night like the Ford Shitstang and its stupid horse. I don't care for ambient lighting and fake exhaust tones being fed through my speakers. I want power and handling. IMO the 2016 Camaro took a step back. How about make the supercharger a standard addition to the SS models or maybe even a twin turbo option.
lolwut.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:34 AM   #301
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
lol....I see the sarcasm in this post!

Very funny!

(b/c if its not sarcasm....then it is a very sad post)
Old 09-15-2015, 08:37 AM   #302
Millertime555

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
I agree with Fenwick here, the cornering has a lot to do with tires and the width of them, which can be changed without too much hassle, and if the '16 isn't as powerful as your 1LE, then you're clearly modded, so you can't compare them. In terms of stock performance, the '16 is quicker than the 1LE. They've said that multiple times.

3000: 8/27/15
TPW (10/19): 8/31/15
3300: 10/8/15
3400: 10/10/15
3800: 10/21/15 VIN #118558
5000: 1/4/16 @ 11:49AM
6000: 1/4/16 @ 11:49AM
Millertime555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:40 AM   #303
kelley1996

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS/'17 Scat Pack
Quote:
I agree. The Scatpack weighs 4200 pounds and has darn near the same numbers. Not impressed at all....and I love my Camaro SS.
kelley1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:41 AM   #304
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Let us know if you feel the same way after lining up next to one. Post the video(s), too.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:47 AM   #305
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelley1996 View Post
I agree. The Scatpack weighs 4200 pounds and has darn near the same numbers. Not impressed at all....and I love my Camaro SS.
lolwut.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:48 AM   #306
Cody6.2

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
The new Mustang is not a 12.6 car. 12.6 is rare hero run. 99% of Mustangs run around 13.0. Even at my drag strip most of them are in the low 13's, a few in the high 12's. The new Camaro is going to be a solid half second quicker, that is a lot with equal drivers.

EDIT: Just looked up a few tests too, one auto was 13.0, one manual was a 12.9 and three manuals were 13.0.
Not to add more fuel to the fire as others are already doing a fine job. But you can't use GM's results yet pick and choose what Mustang test you see as valid. I have yet to see anything higher than a 12.8 come from a road test or comparison done by a reliable source. Edmunds.com isn't exactly where I'd go to get credible performance information about anything.
Cody6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:57 AM   #307
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Its true that a8 did have overheating issues in the c7, its possible the issue has been corrected in the Camaro a8 with all the extra cooling, I know GM recommend getting the manual on the c7 if you seriously intended to track your car. Personally if I was going to track my car I would 109% get the manual regardless of what GM suggested, but the closest I'll get to a track is the drag strip and that's where the A8 will suit me just fine and leave the Mustangs and Challengers sucking on my exhaust

I have to wonder if it is a packaging issue with the Corvette that is causing a lack of proper cooling. Possibly temperature control as well. I say this in regards to the transmissions specifically. 8L90 and 6L80 on the 2014-2016 1/2 ton trucks have a thermostat/cooler bypass valve on the trans cooler lines that blocks flow to the aux. cooler until trans temps reach about 190F. HD trucks have no bypass and run about 30-50 degrees cooler per the gauge. I can't tell if C7 runs that or not but looking at the diagrams, it is its own cooling circuit. Doesn't go through the main radiator. Looks like Gen 6 runs its cooler like Z06's aux cooler, under the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:06 AM   #308
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
I liked my 4th gen more then my 5th gen, go figure...

Might be due to the fact it was faster, lighter and cheap as hell to mod.
Ditto. Loved my 3rd and 4th gens.
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote