Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-31-2020, 09:58 AM   #1
AnimalxxxMother

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
CAI warranty

My dealers service manager just told me adding a CAI he would void my warranty. Jeeezus
AnimalxxxMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:03 AM   #2
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Only when it is not the GM CAI. Those do not void warranty and come with a dealer tune
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalxxxMother View Post
My dealers service manager just told me adding a CAI he would void my warranty. Jeeezus
Go to another dealer. They can't void anyones warranty. They can have GM deny a warranty claim if the CAI is determined to have caused the failure. Luckily my dealer is cool. That guy just sounds like a dick.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:14 AM   #4
AnimalxxxMother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
Only when it is not the GM CAI. Those do not void warranty and come with a dealer tune

Yeah I asked him about that and he said he wasnt aware of it. Never done one. Gonna go talk to the one a town over and see if he is a prick too.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM   #5
Corky

Drives: 2019 1SS M6
I took mine in for the tune after installing the GM CAI and had to walk the dealership through the process..Take the paperwork with the authorization code to the service desk.. it now spells out everything to the dealership leaving no question to what needs done by them including not billing you for the process..The dealership here has a high volume of vehicle sales but hadn't done any CAI tunes...They're not as common as you'd think...
Old 08-01-2020, 02:28 PM   #6
AnimalxxxMother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky View Post
I took mine in for the tune after installing the GM CAI and had to walk the dealership through the process..Take the paperwork with the authorization code to the service desk.. it now spells out everything to the dealership leaving no question to what needs done by them including not billing you for the process..The dealership here has a high volume of vehicle sales but hadn't done any CAI tunes...They're not as common as you'd think...

Did you notice any difference in performance after installation and tune?
Old 08-01-2020, 09:34 PM   #7
Corky

Drives: 2019 1SS M6
The look of the CAI and the improved sound when you're on it are the biggest factors..There's a few HP gain supposedly 5-15 or so depending on which site you look at..It was worth it to me for the sound alone, it really made a difference and makes the whole experience much more enjoyable..It does SEEM faster to me but with the performance of these cars to begin with you won't get any massive gains from just the CAI...I've only got 4k on the vehicle and didn't want to void the warranty..If mods happen down the road I have no problem with swapping parts when the time comes...But that's not now for me...
I used shopchevyparts.com for the CAI{best price hands down} as suggested by others here and it came within days of ordering...
Old 08-01-2020, 10:17 PM   #8
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
If you need your warranty, don’t mod the car. Period.

If you want a fast car, mod away and let the chips fall where they may.