Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 07-14-2020, 11:40 AM   #29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Too bad the Blazer came back as it did. Bronco did it right.

...And I'm glad Ford made no apologies or excuses for Bronco being ICEs....

I doubt they will lose any sales because the don't offer an EV Bronco.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:42 PM   #30
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Can't wait for the Wrangler-Bronco fanboy wars to begin .
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:49 PM   #31
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
It’s already infinitely better than the new “Blazer”.
Chevy can't win people over in the design department when it comes to a body on frame Blazer. Ford has nailed the design of the Bronco, inside and out and it's looking to be an exciting product so it will sell.

The Blazer we have now will continue to gain traction too, I'm seeing plenty of RS models all over the place as it has an almost exotic look to it that appeals to people. So we can complain but there isn't a spot for Chevy in that market. Creating an exciting looking and spacious two row SUV was the right call by GM.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:57 PM   #32
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
The new Bronco looks very impressive! Wow!

With this being said:
I'm hoping that the new Hummer (although EV) can deliver. I'm certain that it will have the 4x4 capability, but I'm very concerned with the price. I have a feeling it will cost twice as much as the competition and will be in its own EV 4x4 group.

Barra and her gang need to supply us with some new vehicles that get people excited about GM again. Sure, the C8 was an exciting point for GM, but the Vette is a niche vehicle. Make something for the masses that gets people ramped up and talking! Having a lineup that consists of 17 different coma-inducing CUV's does nothing of the sort. If GM were to make a Wrangler/Bronco fighter, I'd be pushing people to the ground in order to add one to my stable as a new daily driver. "Bye-bye Cruze, hello fun and capable 4x4 off-road machine!".

There are still millions of us GM fans that want fun vehicles that put a smile on our faces every time we sit behind the wheel.
I forgot about the Hummer, thanks for reminding us. For those asking why is the Blazer what it is , here is your answer. An EV Hummer branded truck will be much more meaningful and ground breaking in the industry than a body on frame Blazer.... Can't wait ....
Old 07-15-2020, 05:19 AM   #33
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Chevy can't win people over in the design department when it comes to a body on frame Blazer. Ford has nailed the design of the Bronco, inside and out and it's looking to be an exciting product so it will sell.

The Blazer we have now will continue to gain traction too, I'm seeing plenty of RS models all over the place as it has an almost exotic look to it that appeals to people. So we can complain but there isn't a spot for Chevy in that market. Creating an exciting looking and spacious two row SUV was the right call by GM.
Odd. I have seen two Blazers since their release. One was sitting on a dealer lot and the other was just yesterday while sitting in traffic (a bare bones 2LT model).

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:32 AM   #34
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Friend of mine did the engine management on that. Said he was doing some lugging testing on the 2.7 with the A10 in the Rockies and ricer with a load of fanboys starting messing with him. When he was done with the test he obliged them. Said he wish he could've gotten a picture of their faces when he destroyed them, lol. Says that thing will run.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:56 AM   #35
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
Odd. I have seen two Blazers since their release. One was sitting on a dealer lot and the other was just yesterday while sitting in traffic (a bare bones 2LT model).
See quite a few around here on the road also. I think the Blazer is selling well, albeit a bit on the expensive side.
Old 07-15-2020, 09:52 AM   #36
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
See quite a few around here on the road also. I think the Blazer is selling well, albeit a bit on the expensive side.
Almost 42K examples in 2020 through June.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 10:35 AM   #37
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Too bad the Blazer came back as it did. Bronco did it right.
Exactly.

Doug DeMuro spelled out GM's fault here perfectly. Skip to 15:37 if you don't want to watch the whole video:

People can scoff at Doug all they want but he's the present and future of the automobile media. I've loved Car and Driver and Road and Track all my life but even I understand who Doug is and why his opinions should be taken very seriously by the car companies CEOs and board of directors.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 01:05 PM   #38
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Exactly.

Doug DeMuro spelled out GM's fault here perfectly. Skip to 15:37 if you don't want to watch the whole video:

People can scoff at Doug all they want but he's the present and future of the automobile media. I've loved Car and Driver and Road and Track all my life but even I understand who Doug is and why his opinions should be taken very seriously by the car companies CEOs and board of directors.
I watched. Fun video where he sings all the praises of the new Bronco, which I think for the most part are deserved.

I don't quite agree with his scathing assessment of GM though. First off, pretty much everyone has been wondering why other brands haven't had a Wrangler competitor for years. Good job Ford for wising up, and creating something that seems great! But Doug says that GM has nothing for the offroad truck / SUV segment. Uhh...did he completely forget about the ZR2 which has kicked the butts of other trucks in it's segment. There is also the anticipated upcoming Silverado "ZRX" or something like that which is likely coming (again...GM should have had something for the Raptor out years ago) but do they offer the Trail Boss which has a factory lift and a few other bits and pieces, which a kind of an offoad "lite" truck which Ford does not have. RAM has the "Rebel".

That said, I do agree that GM needs to get off their butts and add more excitement to their truck and SUV line up. Those are the crazy popular segments right now. Create some trucks and SUVs with MOAR POWER and more fun to drive than the standard stuff!

Give me a stout turbo V6 or V8 powerplant in the Colorado or Canyon and I'm there. I want it!
Old 07-16-2020, 01:16 PM   #39
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I watched. Fun video where he sings all the praises of the new Bronco, which I think for the most part are deserved.

I don't quite agree with his scathing assessment of GM though. First off, pretty much everyone has been wondering why other brands haven't had a Wrangler competitor for years. Good job Ford for wising up, and creating something that seems great! But Doug says that GM has nothing for the offroad truck / SUV segment. Uhh...did he completely forget about the ZR2 which has kicked the butts of other trucks in it's segment. There is also the anticipated upcoming Silverado "ZRX" or something like that which is likely coming (again...GM should have had something for the Raptor out years ago) but do they offer the Trail Boss which has a factory lift and a few other bits and pieces, which a kind of an offoad "lite" truck which Ford does not have. RAM has the "Rebel".

That said, I do agree that GM needs to get off their butts and add more excitement to their truck and SUV line up. Those are the crazy popular segments right now. Create some trucks and SUVs with MOAR POWER and more fun to drive than the standard stuff!

Give me a stout turbo V6 or V8 powerplant in the Colorado or Canyon and I'm there. I want it!
I completely 100% agree with everything Doug said about GM. They absolutely bombed with the Blazer. That was GM's opportunity to do exactly what Ford did with the new Bronco and GM failed. Miserably. What GM could have and SHOULD have done, is make the Trailblazer what the new Blazer is now, and bring a REAL Blazer back with significant homage to the original K5.

In fact I was saying that as GM was unveiling the Blazer. I even said that I wouldn't doubt if Ford brought the Bronco back properly, with homage to the original.

No, GM failed here. This is a huge opportunity for big money makers and GM served up just another ho-hum SUV.
Old 07-16-2020, 01:27 PM   #40
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
I don't agree that GM has completely ignored the off road segment. The ZR2. It was a concept in 2014 and introduced 2 years later after public reaction. Clearly the same market. The genius DSSV shocks. They even partnered with AEV on the Bison to take it even further. The AT4s and TrailBoss, off-road-light if you will, but popular as hell and honestly more than most need. The Hummer is coming back (albeit as an EV) in at least a truck and SUV format. GMC Jimmy rumors are out there. Sure I wish the Blazer was true to its' roots (it'll print money anyway for GM) and i'd love to see a Silverado Raptor competitor, but to say GM has ignored the segment is false.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost

Last edited by snizzle; 07-16-2020 at 01:55 PM.
snizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 03:02 PM   #41
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
I don't agree that GM has completely ignored the off road segment. The ZR2. It was a concept in 2014 and introduced 2 years later after public reaction. Clearly the same market. The genius DSSV shocks. They even partnered with AEV on the Bison to take it even further. The AT4s and TrailBoss, off-road-light if you will, but popular as hell and honestly more than most need. The Hummer is coming back (albeit as an EV) in at least a truck and SUV format. GMC Jimmy rumors are out there. Sure I wish the Blazer was true to its' roots (it'll print money anyway for GM) and i'd love to see a Silverado Raptor competitor, but to say GM has ignored the segment is false.
I’ve off-roaded a few times in Moab. My stepbrother in Phoenix has a decked out lifted Wrangler JL.

Go to Moab Jeep week (which ain’t just for Jeeps anymore after this lol) in 2 years. It will be full of Jeeps and old and new Broncos together on the trails with the Ford guys and Jeep guys all talking to each other about what their rigs can do and how they’ve beefed them up. With some K5 guys in the mix.

The two Colorado ZR2 guys in the whole town will be on the trails together, by themselves, with no one but themselves to talk to.

No one in Moab takes the Colorado seriously as an off roader
Old 07-16-2020, 03:19 PM   #42
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
I’ve off-roaded a few times in Moab. My stepbrother in Phoenix has a decked out lifted Wrangler JL.

Go to Moab Jeep week (which ain’t just for Jeeps anymore after this lol) in 2 years. It will be full of Jeeps and old and new Broncos together on the trails with the Ford guys and Jeep guys all talking to each other about what their rigs can do and how they’ve beefed them up. With some K5 guys in the mix.

The two Colorado ZR2 guys in the whole town will be on the trails together, by themselves, with no one but themselves to talk to.

No one in Moab takes the Colorado seriously as an off roader
I guess that's why Ford had a ZR2 to test their new Bronco against

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote