Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-30-2020, 01:23 AM   #1
fuzzum111

Drives: 2018 Rs Camaro
Thoughts of my badge additions for my modified RS?

So I supercharged my RS Camaro, and decided while it'll remain more or less a sleeper, I wanted to make it a little more unique, without giving it away in an obvious manner that it's suped up.

I've seen stock LGX RS camaros with full ZL1 1LE aero packs and it just looks silly. You look mean but don't have the horsies to back it at all.

So I went in a different direction. I know anything but a stock GT/SS will kill me still, but once I'm at 400WHP, that's not anywhere near the slug it was at the stock 275 I started with.

Thoughts on the mods? I had the dragon badge made to mimic GM's official Camaero font, it's billeted aluminium, laser cut and powder coated, and the front is same for the tag line on the bumper to throw a little shade on Mustangs.

I also added the hood stripes, they were an OEM option when I ordered it, but unless I ordered a 2SS, I couldn't get both the side spear stripe, AND the spider stripes for the hood at the same time.

It appears, as far as I can see in the car scene, even the OEM stripes are out of style, and everyone is going for an extremely "clean" paint/wrap only look.

To be frank, it's intended to look a bit RICE'd cause I want them to think: "It's just a V6 camaro".
Attached Images

fuzzum111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 05:50 AM   #2
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:41 AM   #3
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
The emblem under the RS looks wrong because the tilt angle of the letters don't match and there's no matching space between the letters. Maybe the font should be a little smaller.

The other side awesome if you want your car to look cheesy.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 08:14 AM   #4
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
In my opinion there's to many letters going on down in that area. I have an RS myself, and I'm considering removing it because I think that lower bumper area is a strange area to have a badge to begin with. That's just my personal preference
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 11:02 AM   #5
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
I feel the "Dragons eat Mustangs" is very pretentious and uncalled for, specially considering the Ecoboost eats the i4 and V6, and you're not helping yourself with that 04-20 paper sticker, nor the messy garage.

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:18 PM   #6
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
I have an RS and prefer the clean look. I thought about taking off the RS badge on the rear bumper but it doesn't stand out as much as it's black against the NGM color...plus I don't have an issue with people knowing it's an RS vs. and SS.

If your going for the "Ricer" look I would put the stickers on the fender. The HI required inspection sticker along the the Dragon's Eat Mustangs makes it look to busy in my opinion.

Obviously, it's your choice...
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 05:15 PM   #7
fuzzum111

Drives: 2018 Rs Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaxas View Post
I feel the "Dragons eat Mustangs" is very pretentious and uncalled for, specially considering the Ecoboost eats the i4 and V6, and you're not helping yourself with that 04-20 paper sticker, nor the messy garage.
Oh I agree. That's part of the fun. The "420" paper sticker is just my safety check. It was up April of 2020 as when you buy a new car in hawaii, you get a pass on the safety check for 2 years from purchase. I haven't been able to get that changed due to the pandemic, I intended to get it renewed but the local municipality is suspending all of that till we reopen the state fully. I actually dislike it as I'm not into that culture at all.

As for the ecoboost killing the I4 and V6, again I agree. If I was running a completely stock RS, it would be nonsensical. Mine is not stock. The goal is to be able to take on a Ecoboost, or a GT no problem. I'm not far from that.

The messy garage is out of my hands, my roommate won't put all that stuff back into storage I don't know why. It's all things for the yearly Marathon that he is the race director for.
fuzzum111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:01 PM   #8
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzum111 View Post
Oh I agree. That's part of the fun. The "420" paper sticker is just my safety check. It was up April of 2020 as when you buy a new car in hawaii, you get a pass on the safety check for 2 years from purchase. I haven't been able to get that changed due to the pandemic, I intended to get it renewed...
So when you get it renewed they slap a newer sticker on? Every car in Hawaii gets those? Looks awful.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:40 PM   #9
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Thoughts on the mods? I had the dragon badge made to mimic GM's official Camaero font, it's billeted aluminium, laser cut and powder coated, and the front is same for the tag line on the bumper to throw a little shade on Mustangs.

To be frank, it's intended to look a bit RICE'd cause I want them to think: "It's just a V6 camaro".

Um, nope...

If you really want the "Dragon" badge, remove EVERYTHING else and just put the one Dragon emblem where the RS was (it is currently way too far right...)

If you REALLY want them to think "it is just a V6 Camaro", why put any extra badging???
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:23 PM   #10
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
So I supercharged my RS Camaro, and decided while it'll remain more or less a sleeper, I wanted to make it a little more unique, without giving it away in an obvious manner that it's suped up.

I've seen stock LGX RS camaros with full ZL1 1LE aero packs and it just looks silly. You look mean but don't have the horsies to back it at all.

So I went in a different direction. I know anything but a stock GT/SS will kill me still, but once I'm at 400WHP, that's not anywhere near the slug it was at the stock 275 I started with.

I also added the hood stripes, they were an OEM option when I ordered it, but unless I ordered a 2SS, I couldn't get both the side spear stripe, AND the spider stripes for the hood at the same time.

It appears, as far as I can see in the car scene, even the OEM stripes are out of style, and everyone is going for an extremely "clean" paint/wrap only look.

Aloha,

I think it is what you think it is, you like it? Then I like it

But I am more interested in the SC V6 portion of this conversation. Numbers? How does it feel? Tune good? ETC...
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 11:27 PM   #11
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Um, nope...

If you really want the "Dragon" badge, remove EVERYTHING else and just put the one Dragon emblem where the RS was (it is currently way too far right...)

If you REALLY want them to think "it is just a V6 Camaro", why put any extra badging???
Agreed.

The whole point of a sleeper is that surprise factor when you blow past people who would laugh at your car normally. Subtlety is the key here; you let the performance speak for itself, and that's the surprise factor.

I would keep the car's exterior as close to stock as possible. Just the RS sticker would do it.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 10:09 AM   #12
Xaxas

Drives: 2019 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Agreed.

The whole point of a sleeper is that surprise factor when you blow past people who would laugh at your car normally. Subtlety is the key here; you let the performance speak for itself, and that's the surprise factor.

I would keep the car's exterior as close to stock as possible. Just the RS sticker would do it.
Debadged LT1 is a better sleeper if you ask me

Previous: 2017 2LT aka "Noire"
Mods: Chevrolet Performance Suspension || K&N Cold Air Intake || Borla ATAK Mufflers + Catback system || MRR 650 ZL1 replicas with squared 285/30 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S || ZZP 4 piston brake kit + braided brake lines || BMR everything (Solid/Lockout cradle bushing are a MUST in Camaros)
Xaxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:00 PM   #13
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
This is the stupidest thing I've seen. Take it off. Nobody cares. Just my opinion.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 01:30 AM   #14
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
You need to go to a local auto store before the state opens safety stations and get one of these. Or try 4 wheel auto in Waipahu. They sell them.
Attached Images

Haole is offline   Reply With Quote