Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 07-16-2019, 12:16 PM   #113
Gary H

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Silverstone and Bedford will suit our cars down to a Tee!

Velossa intake, Rotofab, Mamo TB, Custom ported NX Lid & Jokerz Full tilt ported LT4 charger, 3 port CoolingMist Meth injection - ATI 15% lower pulley, E2X CC, TSP ceramic coated longtubes, de-cat and Borla 60608 to NPP box, JRE tune, BMR rear control & trailing arms, lock-out kit, lowering springs and front strut brace, Custom carbon trim interior, Xpel ultimate front PPF and Prestige window tint with Chameleon Windscreen tint...ever evolving...
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:23 PM   #114
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
Silverstone and Bedford will suit our cars down to a Tee!
Silverstone would probably be impossible around the time of Goodwood with the British GP the week after but there plenty of other tracks in the UK! I'm familiar with Bedford but I will look it up haha
Old 07-16-2019, 12:54 PM   #115
Gary H

Drives: Camaro ZL1
It's a great circuit! Yeah, 'off-season' Silverstone is great. Brands Hatch is too small. Donnington is another great one.

Velossa intake, Rotofab, Mamo TB, Custom ported NX Lid & Jokerz Full tilt ported LT4 charger, 3 port CoolingMist Meth injection - ATI 15% lower pulley, E2X CC, TSP ceramic coated longtubes, de-cat and Borla 60608 to NPP box, JRE tune, BMR rear control & trailing arms, lock-out kit, lowering springs and front strut brace, Custom carbon trim interior, Xpel ultimate front PPF and Prestige window tint with Chameleon Windscreen tint...ever evolving...
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 04:27 PM   #116
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
FNxR3DNECK: Good luck on the shipping. Dec/Jan arrival is tough - summer tires and all. It can be done though!

Goodwood is worth the trip.

So are the UK tracks. I've fortunate to have done: Donnington, Cadwell Park, Bedford, and Snetterton. All great fun. I recall the fuel cost more than the entry fee! I'd think Donnington and Cadwell might be the most fun out of those. I've always wanted to do Brands Hatch...at the time, it was the most expensive cost...

Family came for a visit to gave them a tour of the Nurburgring at 8/10's. Still learning on each lap - plenty more time left. Ran 4 laps in the 8:20 range. It was great WX conditions - 55 degrees so kept the windows up for good audio...

May get the car aligned...lean toward more camber all around - might be ready for it. :-)

Last edited by Tim M; 07-17-2019 at 08:15 AM.
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:55 PM   #117
Tim M

Little to report.

I ordered a new air filter from Chevrolet to replace the current one with 16K on it (PN: 23408278).

Comparison:

Complete:

I also ordered oil filters and spark plugs. First try was from Amazon...see below for excellent packaging...

I then reordered thru Summit...a bit more confident the contents were usable.

Miss the days of getting things in a day or two...now things move much slower...to the tune of weeks. Hope the Camaro doesn't miss a beat!

I completed 4 of the plugs (OEM spec)...plug boots were a pain to remove. Very cautious about not damaging a wire - as a replacement is...week(s) away. May order a couple of spares before working on the passenger-side.

Sunday - decided another trip the Ring is required. Will finish up with a meet at Motorworld here in Stuttgart. Unsure of what it is, but understand it is a mix of dealership and car show...on permanent display. I'm not much a car show guy, but we will see...

Last edited by Tim M; 08-02-2019 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:05 PM   #118
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Little to report.

I also ordered oil filters and spark plugs. First try was from Amazon...see below for excellent packaging...

I completed 4 of the plugs (OEM spec)...plug boots were a pain to remove. Very cautious about not damaging a wire - as a replacement is...week(s) away. May order a couple of spares before working on the passenger-side.

Sunday - decided another trip the Ring is required. Will finish up with a meet at Motorworld here in Stuttgart. Unsure of what it is, but understand it is a mix of dealership and car show...on permanent display. I'm not much a car show guy, but we will see...
I've heard that if you push the spark plug wire onto the plug a little more before you try and pull it off, it breaks the seal between the two allowing you to remove the wire in one piece.

And yes, I'd order a set of replacement wires just in case.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:26 PM   #119
Tim M

Boost Creep: Good idea. Will give that a try on the passenger side. It is just very difficult to get a good grip on the boot (not the wire) with the heat shields in place. I nearly sprained a finger it seems...

Regrettably, it was a late night yesterday so elected not to travel to the ring on 4 hours of sleep. Lame it is.

I've got another date of 16/18 Aug so more opportunities.

Did give a wash and wax:

Yawn.

Last edited by Tim M; 08-04-2019 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:14 PM   #120
Boost Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Boost Creep: Good ideal. Will give that a try on the passenger side. It is just very difficult to get a good grip on the boot (not the wire) with the heat shields in place. I nearly sprained a finger it seems...

Regrettably, it was a late night yesterday so elected not to travel to the ring on 4 hours of sleep. Lame it is.

I've got another date of 16/18 Aug so more opportunities.

Did give a wash and wax:

Yawn.

Thanks to your real life adventures I've been going around the ring in Gran Turismo 5 on my PS3.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:11 PM   #121
Tim M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Thanks to your real life adventures I've been going around the ring in Gran Turismo 5 on my PS3.
Boost Creep: Well, let us hope my adventures don't get to exciting......but glad I can help with our habit.

Happiness is crossing the finish line on lap 6 as the "Low Fuel" warning illuminates...amazing Chevy allows nearly the entire tank to be used without starvation!

Another opportunity to wear tires, consume fuel, and heat the brakes...0430 departure got us at the Ring 0745 for the 0800 opening. Perfect. Weather 60 degrees and wet stuff looming.

6 laps completed successfully (although still much flailing at the wheel) with a new personal best time of 7:53 for Bridge to Gantry. A moist start, bit of traffic, and a missed shift still resulted in the best peak speed of 155 mph.

I've become much more familiar with the track - gaining a touch more confidence - believe my skills may get me a 7:30 time with more visits and clear track.

The Camaro makes me look/feel like a hero out there. Can't say enough about the car - 3 hour drive and right on to the track - never popped the hood. 3 hour drive home with the AC on in heavy rain. Pretty slick!

Additionally, I've finally took a look at the Cosworth Tool Kit app - I like the temp data it provides. This visit hit 216 on the water, 275 on the oil, and 160 on the tires.

Old 08-20-2019, 02:30 PM   #122
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Nice! I was actually down at the Grand Prix side on Saturday, we decided to check out the ADAC GT Masters races.

Driving on the 'Ring was intense.. I swear those ring taxis see how close they can get to you.
Old 08-27-2019, 12:49 PM   #123
Tim M

Laststandard: Bummer could have gone for a ride in something with a beautiful sound track! Maybe next time...Germans are by and large, very good drivers - very impressed.

I had some free time on travel and critiqued myself in a very amateur approach to my gross mistakes on the following video - interior GoPro from the 7:53 lap (B to G). Many areas for improvement. Notice the lumpiness of the track...

Last edited by Tim M; 08-28-2019 at 04:06 AM.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:13 AM   #124
Tim M

Located a 'race' shop that would take on a Camaro (primarily GTR's and Porsches)...and spoke English! Does wonders for communicating desires and confidence in the job.

My old specs on the car (rear is untouched from the factory / the front was tweaked before I left the states). Notice toe out on all 4...explains some of the nervousness and tramlining that I attributed to 285 front tire/20 inch wheel side wall. It drives much better on the street now!

I had front camber maxed (-2.1), rear -1.5 and corrected the toe to .05 in on the front and .10 in on the rear.

Clean shop...got me in on a walk in basis - excellent! Looking forward to see how it feels on the next Ring visit (8 Sep):

Cost was $132 - good deal!
Old 08-28-2019, 06:20 AM   #125
Boost Creep

The car should feel much better now.

My car had the same issue, toe out front and rear, I too had just chalked it up to 285 front tires tram lining more than a narrower tire.

Put the car up on the rack and found the toe was out, reset to spec and the car was much more stable, I no longer have to constantly correct and fight the wheel to maintain direction.
With the rear toed out it wanted to step out on turns when pushed, now it's more predictable and consistent.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:51 AM   #126
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Good looking lap Tim! It's clear that you are getting more confident with the car and the track, we definitely need to do some lead follow laps in the spring! You will probably be a Ring pro by then!

I'm planning on getting some camber plates installed before I ship it over so I can get about -3 degrees up front, that race shop will come in handy for getting it aligned.