Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 12-01-2016, 11:37 AM   #1
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Buzz - Squeak - Rattle

This is for the do it your selfer or to help you locate them annoying Buzz, Rattles and squeaks in your vehicle. For the people that do not have the nerves or confidence to pull apart your interior in some cases, at least this might help you when bringing it to the dealer with your complaint of a buzz, squeak or rattle.
Locating the area or the source of the disturbing noise is the first step, We all know that most of the time it is impossible to locate or determine what is causing that annoying noise because it happens while we are driving or listening to music, also noise can reflect around your interior making you think it's coming from one area when it's actually coming from another. So how do we do this?
You download to your phone a frequency speaker test tone with tracks that at least last 60 seconds in the 20hz through 20k hz and play this through your vehicles sound system. Keep in mind you will most likely not be able to hear the lower or higher frequencies on the sound tracks. A lot of times 80hz to 200hz may cause the noise to appear , just experiment.
Example: always starting with your volume down and turning it up slowly just enough to produce the buzz or rattle, keep repeating that track as you move around your vehicle to pin point the area or cause of noise.
Some times it may be a easy fix and sometimes it may require you to start removing panels. But at least this might help you finally find that irritating noise.
Some things you should have to help you:
Plastic trim removal kit
Automotive anti rattle felt tape
Acoustic foam
Butyl rope noise and heat insulation
Sound deadener
Krytox GPL 105 Oil or dielectric grease for all rubber or plastic, weather seal squeaks.
I my self have very sensitive hearing and cannot stand buzzing or rattles or squeaks with in my vehicles interior and have had great success using this method to help in removing them. I hope this helps.
Slem
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote