Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-05-2016, 10:56 AM   #29
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
F
The time stamps show more then you think....
Yeah, I'm definitely interested in learning more about what they can and can't see on this car. Unless you've got headers or some other tell tale sign that you've modded beyond something like a CAI, they usually never bother to dig unless you've forgotten to flash back. They're just trying to get your car done so they can move on to the next one. But, if it's a major warranty claim, all bets are off. I'm pretty sure whoever is paying the dealer on the claim could choose to investigate.

I would be really surprised though if anyone has a problem like that from something like this or SCT or whatever unless they had a complete noob tune their car. This engine (w/regular maintenance and without NO2 or FI abuse) should be pretty bullet proof.
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:06 PM   #30
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Yeah, I'm definitely interested in learning more about what they can and can't see on this car. Unless you've got headers or some other tell tale sign that you've modded beyond something like a CAI, they usually never bother to dig unless you've forgotten to flash back. They're just trying to get your car done so they can move on to the next one. But, if it's a major warranty claim, all bets are off. I'm pretty sure whoever is paying the dealer on the claim could choose to investigate.

I would be really surprised though if anyone has a problem like that from something like this or SCT or whatever unless they had a complete noob tune their car. This engine (w/regular maintenance and without NO2 or FI abuse) should be pretty bullet proof.
I can tell you from what my service tech friends tell me, unless it's a major repair like an engine or power train failure nine out of ten times the tech won't even bother checking to see if the ECU was reflashed. Or if like you said its blatently obvious the car is modded, ie headers or intake manifold. However all it takes is that one guy who checks to ruin your whole day.

Rule of thumb, if your going to mod be prepared to foot the bill if something goes wrong. If your not willing to do that then leave it stock until the warranty expires.
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:50 PM   #31
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
How did you get ahold of them to sell you the device? I called and emailed... nothing :(
Go to their webpage and order the one for the 2014 and up Corvette Stingray. It's the same one that's compatible with the 6th gen. That's what I did. Shipping is pretty fast. I live on the other side of the country and got it 2 days later.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:03 PM   #32
pinoyscorpion951

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussj4brolli View Post
Wonder how this will affect my v6. Maybe fix the paddle lag, too?

Will this render my mode selection useless? (snow sport and tour). I use the snow a lot
Your mode selections won't be useless. It just adds another layer of fine tuning to each of those modes. If you drive in snow a lot, I wouldn't ever consider increasing the sensitivity even in snow mode, I would just keep it stock. What you could do is dial snow mode down even further by putting the device in ECO mode. If you do have paddle lag, you'll still have it. This device only fixes pedal lag not paddle lag.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #33
ussj4brolli

Drives: 2x 94:Z28s - 2x95:Z28s - 1x16:1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
Your mode selections won't be useless. It just adds another layer of fine tuning to each of those modes. If you drive in snow a lot, I wouldn't ever consider increasing the sensitivity even in snow mode, I would just keep it stock. What you could do is dial snow mode down even further by putting the device in ECO mode. If you do have paddle lag, you'll still have it. This device only fixes pedal lag not paddle lag.
Its winter=snow. I want to get this badly but afraid of th messing with the "modes". If its set to "0" then its like the unit is not there whatsoever?

After break in, and warmth, i will be driving it like a mad man. My boosted 4th gen Z28 sits for race weekends. This is now my DD.
ussj4brolli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:41 PM   #34
pinoyscorpion951

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussj4brolli View Post
Its winter=snow. I want to get this badly but afraid of th messing with the "modes". If its set to "0" then its like the unit is not there whatsoever?

After break in, and warmth, i will be driving it like a mad man. My boosted 4th gen Z28 sits for race weekends. This is now my DD.
That's correct. SP0 is exactly that. Like it's not even there.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:02 PM   #35
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Ordered one. Will see how I like it. Going to have to get crafty on where I put it. might wire it to the inside of the useless glove box.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:23 PM   #36
pinoyscorpion951

Quote:
Ordered one. Will see how I like it. Going to have to get crafty on where I put it. might wire it to the inside of the useless glove box.
Awesome! I'm still thinking where the best place to put mine also. Not really happy with where it is now. It gets in the way when I want to adjust the controls for the HUD.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:06 AM   #37
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08z51c6 View Post
Good luck with that. If GM can detect the factory tune was changed and it wasn't done by a dealer they will deny any warranty claim for major mechanical failure.

I've read many stories about guys with C6 Z06 cars that dropped valves and had warranty claims denied because the car was tuned. If your dealer is mod friendly then your lucky as most are not.
+1 MM act or not, if you blow an engine, they will send the ECM in to be analyzed at GM and they can see if there was a tune installed.

You will loose this battle as you should(IMO).

As you likely know, changing the timing to more aggressive than stock(even in a good-no knock calibration), it changes the internal combustion temperature and EGTs. This directly impacts calculated durability.

I have tuned cars knowing this and all is good...almost all GM engines live long healthy lives under these conditions.

Although, IMHO, this should be under the responsibility of the owner once the calculated conditions are breached.

theories are floating around about the LS7s that were dropping valves that are related to this as well. GM chose valves that were on the ragged edge under stock temperatures, but were fine there. once something such as a tune only car is ran hard, it over heated the valve. and goodbye

Last edited by 6spdhyperblue; 01-06-2016 at 09:48 AM.
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:44 AM   #38
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicul15 View Post
+1 MM act or not, if you blow an engine, they will send the ECM in to be analyzed at GM and they can see if there was a tune installed.

You will loose this battle as you should(IMO).

As you likely know, changing the timing to more aggressive than stock(even in a good-no knock calibration), it changes the internal combustion temperature and EGTs. This directly impacts calculated durability.

I have tuned cars knowing this and all is good...almost all GM engines live long healthy lives under these conditions.

Although, IMHO, this should be under the responsibility of the owner once the calculated conditions are breached.

theories are floating around about the LS7s that were dropping valves that are related to this as well. GM chose valves that were on the ragged edge under stock temperatures, but were fine there. once something such as a tune only car is ran hard, it over heated the valve. and goodbye
Not to derail the thread but stock C6 Z06's have dropped valves too so it's not only the tuned cars that had problems.
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:20 PM   #39
pinoyscorpion951

I settled on this area to mount the controller. I bought the Scosche magnetic mount from Amazon and it worked perfectly.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

Easy to reach and see the settings should I need to change them on the fly.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2016, 11:13 PM   #40
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Got mine in the mail today!

Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:22 PM   #41
pinoyscorpion951

Quote:

Awesome! So far no issues with mine. Let the fun begin!
Old 01-08-2016, 11:27 PM   #42
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
Quote:

Can you make a video of how to install it sledge?
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote