Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-01-2016, 06:50 PM   #99
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohete_camaro View Post
that's what i was worried about as far as the MAF sensor was concerned... but to be honest, I placed in the oil filter last night... had my girl drive it around normally today so the computer could adjust. I'll take it out later..

Still got with me with the "remove the slug"...but I just slapped myself... lol
Just having a little fun. I've been using K and N filters since the seventies. The advice to not over oil after cleaning is right. If oil is dripping off the filter you used too much. Oil slowly and let the oil wick into the filter. Go back and hit the white areas with a little oil. After cleaning make sure the filter is completely dry before oiling. The K and N website has all you need to know.
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 07:51 PM   #100
bpg710

Drives: Garnet Red Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulletman View Post
Just having a little fun. I've been using K and N filters since the seventies. The advice to not over oil after cleaning is right. If oil is dripping off the filter you used too much. Oil slowly and let the oil wick into the filter. Go back and hit the white areas with a little oil. After cleaning make sure the filter is completely dry before oiling. The K and N website has all you need to know.
So, I'm guessing there's no problem switching to a K&N filter with 800 miles on the car? Wasn't sure if I should wait till my 1,500 mile break in period was over to start modding, well, if you can even call a drop in a mod. Lol
bpg710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 11:02 PM   #101
mulletman

No problem switching on a new car. Save the old filter and you can replace the K and N when cleaning the K and N and letting it dry. I clean the filter between 30,000 and 40,000 miles. Driving on dusty roads makes it necessary for more frequent cleanings.
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:26 AM   #102
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
This test showed ZERO gains with a drop in K&N or Green filter...

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=53
Old 11-13-2016, 12:52 AM   #103
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
This test showed ZERO gains with a drop in K&N or Green filter...

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=53
Love JANNETTYRACING, but on two different dyno's on 2 different days my testing has shown otherwise. Using the same mentality and triple verifying. I am confident in my finding and would back it up every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Nothing to hide here and no smoke being blown.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 08:29 PM   #104
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Love JANNETTYRACING, but on two different dyno's on 2 different days my testing has shown otherwise. Using the same mentality and triple verifying. I am confident in my finding and would back it up every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Nothing to hide here and no smoke being blown.
Please answer post #80.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:25 AM   #105
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Sledge:

Was the paper filter in this test a NEW filter?
It was a filter with 118 miles on it. The drop in K&N filter had 200 miles on it.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:27 AM   #106
AndyUK

any news on the full roundup test?
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:35 PM   #107
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
Sledge is the man when it comes to this and he is NOT a vendor so this is the most honest test.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote