Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-25-2017, 05:16 PM   #71
AxiomVerge

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Black M6 1SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Sorry, totally forgot to upload a pic of the final setup. Here it is. The angle is looking at the fuse box from the front passenger side. My car has heated seats which is where the tap was installed. Install both 15 amp fuses into the tap and remove the white wire. Then the white wire is ran to the positive terminal on the NPP fuse socket. Let me know if you need more help.

*edit: the upload rotated the pic 90 degrees to the right FYI
Just want to say THANK YOU for posting this picture. I purchased a Mild2Wild that was for the 6th gen on the website, but the unit that came said C7 Corvette on it, and the instructions were for a 5th gen camaro. So of course I watched the youtube video everyone mentions about the 6th gen and it also doesn't work on my car (a 2017 1SS convertible) for the same reasons as yours. Will RPI ever update their instructions?

I had a C6 corvette with M2W and was missing that "always open" sound. Even Track and Sport seem to close the baffles on occasion.

Couple notes on the install:
-My 1SS does not have heated seats but the fuse is still there and it works just like on yours
-The zip ties included are too small to fit around the bar the video says to tie the antenna to (maybe it's thicker in a vert?); I used some larger zip ties I already had
-I dremeled a hole in the corner of the lid for the wires thinking this was easier than doing it on the fuse box. Mostly I was right, but watch out your dremel doesn't shoot melted plastic flashing into the perimeter groove like mine did and force you to dig it out with a knife.
-I used some mounting squares to stick the remote behind the left hand side of the steering wheel so it's within reach but hidden

The instructions mention how it can drain your battery unless you leave it in the "off" mode. But they seem to be for the 5th gen; anyone know if it applies to ours?
2008 Corvette Convertible
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
AxiomVerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:30 PM   #72
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxiomVerge View Post
Just want to say THANK YOU for posting this picture. I purchased a Mild2Wild that was for the 6th gen on the website, but the unit that came said C7 Corvette on it, and the instructions were for a 5th gen camaro. So of course I watched the youtube video everyone mentions about the 6th gen and it also doesn't work on my car (a 2017 1SS convertible) for the same reasons as yours. Will RPI ever update their instructions?

I had a C6 corvette with M2W and was missing that "always open" sound. Even Track and Sport seem to close the baffles on occasion.

Couple notes on the install:
-My 1SS does not have heated seats but the fuse is still there and it works just like on yours
-The zip ties included are too small to fit around the bar the video says to tie the antenna to (maybe it's thicker in a vert?); I used some larger zip ties I already had
-I dremeled a hole in the corner of the lid for the wires thinking this was easier than doing it on the fuse box. Mostly I was right, but watch out your dremel doesn't shoot melted plastic flashing into the perimeter groove like mine did and force you to dig it out with a knife.
-I used some mounting squares to stick the remote behind the left hand side of the steering wheel so it's within reach but hidden

The instructions mention how it can drain your battery unless you leave it in the "off" mode. But they seem to be for the 5th gen; anyone know if it applies to ours?
You're welcome! I probably need to make a short video on the changes vs the RPI instructions. I bought mine directly from the M2W guys, so someone who has ordered a unit from RPI should email them about it. I'll see if I can make a video this weekend.

I think the zip ties were too small for mine as well and I had issues with shavings in the groove as well. I actually mounted my remote in the small cutout in the console in front of the button for the console lid. So we both think along the same lines!

As for the battery drain, yea that was a 5th gen issue. They had to wire the module to an "always on" fuse which caused the drain if I remember. Essentially our setup now is a hybrid of that same one, minus the always hot wire.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:32 AM   #73
Corbu

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Update > I just received today the new module specifically designed for the Gen 6 Camaro. They did initially send me the Corvette and Camaro Gen 5 and it wouldn't fit in the fuse box without modification. I contacted them and they send me another module with a shorter fuse that will fit the Camaro + Camaro Gen 6 spcific instructions. I didn't get a chance to install it yet and compare with the Corvette module, I will post pictures when it is installed.

Also, apparently there is a ground tap inside the fuse box, cutting it is not required.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:29 AM   #74
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbu View Post
Update > I just received today the new module specifically designed for the Gen 6 Camaro. They did initially send me the Corvette and Camaro Gen 5 and it wouldn't fit in the fuse box without modification. I contacted them and they send me another module with a shorter fuse that will fit the Camaro + Camaro Gen 6 spcific instructions. I didn't get a chance to install it yet and compare with the Corvette module, I will post pictures when it is installed.

Also, apparently there is a ground tap inside the fuse box, cutting it is not required.
Interesting, definitely post some pics of it.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:11 PM   #75
AxiomVerge

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Black M6 1SS Vert
Well I just got back from a 3 week trip and the battery is dead... not sure how I can tell if it's the mild2wild or just the normal battery draw our cars make when parked for too long.
2008 Corvette Convertible
2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
AxiomVerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:29 PM   #76
HOUTX1LE

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Sorry, totally forgot to upload a pic of the final setup. Here it is. The angle is looking at the fuse box from the front passenger side. My car has heated seats which is where the tap was installed. Install both 15 amp fuses into the tap and remove the white wire. Then the white wire is ran to the positive terminal on the NPP fuse socket. Let me know if you need more help.

Hey bud I have the same issue, I don’t have heated seats but still have a fuse in that spot. Can I still use it? Diagram does show it to be for heated seats
Old 10-19-2017, 06:52 PM   #77
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUTX1LE View Post
Hey bud I have the same issue, I don’t have heated seats but still have a fuse in that spot. Can I still use it? Diagram does show it to be for heated seats
Yep it should still have power. Check it with a voltmeter to be sure.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old 03-24-2022, 12:36 PM   #78
Jsrod_fastlane

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

Hey sorry for bringing this back to life. Just picked up a 2018 Camaro SS 1LE and got the Mild2Wild through RPI. The instructions have updated to show what you found out in 2017. I’m having same issues as others have reported. It only works when engine sound management is set to either “stealth” or “tour”. I have followed your diagram and RPI instructions. Maybe I have the white cable with red lead in wrong spot of the two a available in #51 fuse spot. Kind of frustrating as instructions say it works in auto. At bottom it does say the “alternative method (meaning how you installed) also enables the ability to close the valves (set quiet mode) before starting the car if you have the Engine Management System set to Stealth rather than Auto.
Attached Images

Jsrod_fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 10:50 PM   #79
Casper the friendly G
Account Suspended

Drives: 17' Chevy Kamaro SS 6 speed
Whats the point of this? If you want change your setting just get in your car and do it. Whats the sense in doing it 5 feet from the car?🤪
Casper the friendly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 12:06 AM   #80
Jsrod_fastlane

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper the friendly G View Post
Whats the point of this? If you want change your setting just get in your car and do it. Whats the sense in doing it 5 feet from the car?🤪
The flaps will still close even if you change in the engine management system to sport or track with a NPP exhaust. The flaps still close cruising. This keeps them opened permanently.
Jsrod_fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 06:18 AM   #81
xplct

Drives: 2022 camaro 2ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsrod_fastlane View Post
The flaps will still close even if you change in the engine management system to sport or track with a NPP exhaust. The flaps still close cruising. This keeps them opened permanently.
Did you get yours to work properly? Im thinking about adding this to my 2022
Old 05-12-2022, 07:41 PM   #82
Corbu

Drives: Camaro 2SS
I installed the module on mine but never managed to make it work.
But then I realized I actually like the sound with the flaps open all the time and I never bothered to troubleshoot the Mild2Wild.