Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-08-2017, 09:39 PM   #29
Teem0s42

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
Thanks man.. that was extremely helpful.. finally got it to work. Took me forever to shave down enough room for the wires haha
Teem0s42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 09:41 PM   #30
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teem0s42 View Post
Thanks man.. that was extremely helpful.. finally got it to work. Took me forever to shave down enough room for the wires haha
Likewise. I had to adjust the cut several times to get the lid to snap tight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:54 PM   #31
SSSHYBOY

Drives: 2SS convertible, black,black
I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this question... Is Stealth mode only for the initial setup or does it have to stay in Stealth to use it. I drive in sport mode 24/7 and would like it for the "blip" and desire for louder sometimes... Once set up, will it work in Sport and track modes?
Old 04-28-2017, 07:01 PM   #32
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSHYBOY View Post
I'm a bit embarrassed to ask this question... Is Stealth mode only for the initial setup or does it have to stay in Stealth to use it. I drive in sport mode 24/7 and would like it for the "blip" and desire for louder sometimes... Once set up, will it work in Sport and track modes?
It essentially just acts as a remote on/off switch. On means NPP controls work based on whatever you have set in MyLink. Off puts it fully open like Track mode all the time.

So no you don't have to leave it in stealth. You can leave it in whatever mode you want. Is that what you were asking?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old 04-28-2017, 07:03 PM   #33
Teem0s42

Quote:

Ok. So in "Sound management settings" you have to leave it in stealth mode... But outside of that you can put the drive mode to any mode you want...
Old 04-28-2017, 07:08 PM   #34
SuperSound

Quote:
Ok. So in "Sound management settings" you have to leave it in stealth mode... But outside of that you can put the drive mode to any mode you want...
No you don't have to. I leave mine in auto so it is tied to the Drive mode. Obviously there wouldn't be much point in leaving it in Track or Sport since that's basically what you have with the fuse pulled. But tour, auto and stealth can be used.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:12 PM   #35
Teem0s42

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
No you don't have to. I leave mine in auto so it is tied to the Drive mode. Obviously there wouldn't be much point in leaving it in Track or Sport since that's basically what you have with the fuse pulled. But tour, auto and stealth can be used.

OO for some reason mine wont work properly unless I leave the sound management in stealth mode
Old 04-28-2017, 07:13 PM   #36
SuperSound

Quote:
OO for some reason mine wont work properly unless I leave the sound management in stealth mode
What do you mean exactly?

Old 04-29-2017, 01:01 AM   #37
SSSHYBOY

Thanks supersuond. but a couple of the later answers confused me. Here's what I want to do.... Drive in Sport mode all the time but want to open the valve at times when sport doesn't have them open... Lower rpm etc..
So do I use sound management Stealth just for setup or leave it there always even if I have it in sport mode.. I hope I made sense. Now I'm not embarrassed anymore as I realize others aren't sure either.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:03 AM   #38
SuperSound

Quote:
Thanks supersuond. but a couple of the later answers confused me. Here's what I want to do.... Drive in Sport mode all the time but want to open the valve at times when sport doesn't have them open... Lower rpm etc..
So do I use sound management Stealth just for setup or leave it there always even if I have it in sport mode.. I hope I made sense. Now I'm not embarrassed anymore as I realize others aren't sure either.
Gotcha. Leave it in Sport setting then hit the m2w switch off when you want it open fully.

Old 04-29-2017, 09:43 PM   #39
SSSHYBOY

Thanks
Old 05-02-2017, 01:28 AM   #40
Corbu

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Reading this thread convinced me to get one too. I have my car set in Track all the time and I'd love to be able to "blip" the throttle. I have a few quick questions before I pull the trigger:

1. Does it work 100% with the homelink buttons?
2. What position does it default to when starting up the car? Valves open or controlled by the drive modes?
3. How plug and play is it at this stage? My car is a lease, this M2W thing will have to come out every time the car goes to the dealer for any service.

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:02 AM   #41
Teem0s42

1. Yes it 100% works with the homelink buttons.. no issues there

2. It defaults to whatever setting you had it at when you turned off the car... Also you can open and close the valves even when the car is off.... *so if the valves were open when you turned the car off.. when you come back it will stay open and vice versa*

3. Plug and play is simple.. the only thing you will have to do is cut into part of your fuse box to fit the wiring.... it wont be noticeable unless you open the fusebox so it shouldnt be a problem... Even if they see it its just plastic and should not void warranty
Old 05-02-2017, 08:52 AM   #42
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbu View Post
Reading this thread convinced me to get one too. I have my car set in Track all the time and I'd love to be able to "blip" the throttle. I have a few quick questions before I pull the trigger:

1. Does it work 100% with the homelink buttons?
2. What position does it default to when starting up the car? Valves open or controlled by the drive modes?
3. How plug and play is it at this stage? My car is a lease, this M2W thing will have to come out every time the car goes to the dealer for any service.

Thanks.
Quote:
1. Yes it 100% works with the homelink buttons.. no issues there

2. It defaults to whatever setting you had it at when you turned off the car... Also you can open and close the valves even when the car is off.... *so if the valves were open when you turned the car off.. when you come back it will stay open and vice versa*

3. Plug and play is simple.. the only thing you will have to do is cut into part of your fuse box to fit the wiring.... it wont be noticeable unless you open the fusebox so it shouldnt be a problem... Even if they see it its just plastic and should not void warranty
Let me add to number 2. The M2W controller remembers whether you left it on or off. So if you had it in "off" (valves open), you will start up that way too. If you had it in "on", the valves will be set to whatever setting you have in myLink.