Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion


Bigwormgraphix


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2023, 06:05 PM   #715
Wyzz Kydd
Banned
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
You do realize that nobody buys a Kia anything, gas or electric, for 60-130 mph pulls, right? The whole point is that it does everything it’s design Ed to do and just also happens to be pretty quick.
Now that the Stinger is gone I think you're right. We certainly didn't buy our Telluride for pulls of any kind.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 07:18 PM   #716
Idaho2018GTPremium

 
Idaho2018GTPremium's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
You do realize that nobody buys a Kia anything, gas or electric, for 60-130 mph pulls, right? The whole point is that it does everything it’s design Ed to do and just also happens to be pretty quick.
Of course; but the author of that article bragged about being able to blow past muscle cars in their 201 hp Kia EV. Once they start talking like that, then the record needs to be straightened. 0-60 in 6.2 and trapping 94 mph in the 1/4 mile isn’t beating any modern muscle car.

Though I will bet some people buy a Stinger GT to accelerate quickly.
__________________
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
2022 GR Supra 3.0

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 08:26 PM   #717
Martinjlm
Retired from GM
 
Martinjlm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Detroit
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Now that the Stinger is gone I think you're right. We certainly didn't buy our Telluride for pulls of any kind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Of course; but the author of that article bragged about being able to blow past muscle cars in their 201 hp Kia EV. Once they start talking like that, then the record needs to be straightened. 0-60 in 6.2 and trapping 94 mph in the 1/4 mile isn’t beating any modern muscle car.

Though I will bet some people buy a Stinger GT to accelerate quickly.
Funny thing about this is that after I posted it I went to Milan Dragway and was lined up behind… a Stinger.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2017 CAMARO FIFTY SS CONVERTIBLE
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |


Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 09:01 PM   #718
mariojas
 
mariojas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Detroit Metro, MI
Posts: 452
You can somewhat easily get 450hp 500lbft from Stinger GT... Add AWD to that and you have a street rocket. Just remember it drives like a couch unless you lower it and stiffen up sway bars.
Thing is... It's boring. You smash it and it goes. Even in rain. Even, slightly worse, in snow... It's kind of boring like EV lol
I prefer a bit of RWD fun Looking for traction...
__________________
2023 Kia Stinger GT AWD - as a family car...
2022 ZL1, M6 as daddy's ass mover

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 10:24 PM   #719
Idaho2018GTPremium

 
Idaho2018GTPremium's Avatar
 
Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Funny thing about this is that after I posted it I went to Milan Dragway and was lined up behind… a Stinger.
Ha! Funny.
__________________
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
2022 GR Supra 3.0

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 09:59 AM   #720
lbls1


 
lbls1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 3,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
[/B]

Not in the case of the Bolt! It's the lowest priced EV in the US and qualifies for the full 7.5K tax credit. It is at the height of it's popularity and production.

Raw greed to produce more Silverados that "require" the Bolt to be eliminated is a total FU by the automaker. Bolt production should be ramped up. The geniuses at gm didn't know it was on an old platform, or that the plant used to build it was going to be re-purposed? All seemed like a good idea initially! This looks like a corporate disaster for which someone should get fired instead of being portrayed as something planned all along.

The cancelled Bolt is a telling incident. How long did we hear the Camaro would be cancelled due to lack of sales, or would have continued on if it sold better? The opposite was the case with the Bolt. The noble little Bolt will be remembered as the golden egg killed by the greedy goose. For the EV transition, this shows to me again that it is a total scam subsidized by the tax-payer and gm is a willing partner. GM is throwing away a chance to be the hero with the lowest priced EV built in the US. I don't believe they care what any customer thinks. The EV transition will leave you no other choice and be intentionally way more expensive and costly to the public.
Very indicative point. I am not surprised at all. GM has had a history of throwing out car lines that were selling but for one reason or another required additional investment in terms of re-design or re-engineering. They stumble over the fact that by eliminating a car line, they essentially throw away a market segment that will ultimately shop another manufacturer. However, it is also not surprising that GM will not sacrifice Silverado for any other car line. They know enough not to do that. The Silverado is the life blood of the company....period. To alter, change or eliminate the Silverado would mean that GM might as well close its doors. No amount of EV production could equate the profits that GM makes on their large pickups and SUVs.
__________________
'02 CAMARO SS SOM; 5.7L LS1/FLS6B
'08 TBSS AWD Black Granite Metallic
'15 Malibu LTZ 2LZ Turbo

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 10:07 AM   #721
mariojas
 
mariojas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Detroit Metro, MI
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Very indicative point. I am not surprised at all. GM has had a history of throwing out car lines that were selling but for one reason or another required additional investment in terms of re-design or re-engineering. They stumble over the fact that by eliminating a car line, they essentially throw away a market segment that will ultimately shop another manufacturer. However, it is also not surprising that GM will not sacrifice Silverado for any other car line. They know enough not to do that. The Silverado is the life blood of the company....period. To alter, change or eliminate the Silverado would mean that GM might as well close its doors. No amount of EV production could equate the profits that GM makes on their large pickups and SUVs.
Like Chevy SS
__________________
2023 Kia Stinger GT AWD - as a family car...
2022 ZL1, M6 as daddy's ass mover

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 10:21 AM   #722
Malbjey
 
Malbjey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
You do realize that nobody buys a Kia anything, gas or electric, for 60-130 mph pulls, right? The whole point is that it does everything it’s design Ed to do and just also happens to be pretty quick.

Haha, I'm sure people will be doing that in the EV6 GT:


https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...y-the-numbers/


C/D TEST RESULTS
60 mph: 3.2 sec
100 mph: 8.0 sec
1/4-Mile: 11.6 sec @ 119 mph
130 mph: 14.8 sec
150 mph: 24.1 sec
Results above omit 1-ft rollout of 0.3 sec.
Rolling Start, 5–60 mph: 3.4 sec
Top Gear, 30–50 mph: 1.7 sec
Top Gear, 50–70 mph: 2.2 sec
Top Speed (mfr's claim): 161 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 159 ft
Braking, 100–0 mph: 335 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft Skidpad: 0.92 g
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 11:21 AM   #723
Malbjey
 
Malbjey's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojas View Post
You can somewhat easily get 450hp 500lbft from Stinger GT... Add AWD to that and you have a street rocket. Just remember it drives like a couch unless you lower it and stiffen up sway bars.
Thing is... It's boring. You smash it and it goes. Even in rain. Even, slightly worse, in snow... It's kind of boring like EV lol
I prefer a bit of RWD fun Looking for traction...
Of course it's boring if you have a ZL1, haha.

But seriously yeah it's definitely more of a touring/GT car with a little bit of sporty thrown in.

I think of it (in AWD guise) as a modern Subaru Legacy GT or Mazdaspeed 6. Those were both grown up versions of their sport compact little brothers (WRX and Mazdaspeed 3). They both leaned more on the GT side versus corner carving performance side.

I will likely get some new sway bars for my car. Won't be lowering it though. Too many hills and potholes in my region!
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 01:35 PM   #724
mariojas
 
mariojas's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Detroit Metro, MI
Posts: 452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbjey View Post
Of course it's boring if you have a ZL1, haha.

But seriously yeah it's definitely more of a touring/GT car with a little bit of sporty thrown in.

I think of it (in AWD guise) as a modern Subaru Legacy GT or Mazdaspeed 6. Those were both grown up versions of their sport compact little brothers (WRX and Mazdaspeed 3). They both leaned more on the GT side versus corner carving performance side.

I will likely get some new sway bars for my car. Won't be lowering it though. Too many hills and potholes in my region!
Eibach has nice setup of lowering springs and sway bar for around 800 bucks. I am thinking about it... I will see if my wife behaves, to deserve it
__________________
2023 Kia Stinger GT AWD - as a family car...
2022 ZL1, M6 as daddy's ass mover

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 10:55 AM   #725
90503


 
90503's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 14,380
Probably nothing to see here...Most likely all going according to plan. Maybe they just need to spend more money on Lyriq TV ads in the meantime.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/report-...liver-new-evs/
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2023, 10:58 AM   #726
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS
 
bigd1276's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 2,129
Have no fear, the Federal Government is here.
What stage is GM at now?
Attached Images
 
__________________
]
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30755

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 09:46 AM   #727
90503


 
90503's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 14,380
Meanwhile, at the insurance agent's office...Of course, once again probably nothing to see here, just wait, everything will be ok....it's no problem...lol

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/05...-to-batteries/

(Don't forget to read the comments...lol...)

Last edited by 90503; 05-13-2023 at 10:02 AM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 10:43 AM   #728
Mr_Draco


 
Mr_Draco's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 7,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Meanwhile, at the insurance agent's office...Of course, once again probably nothing to see here, just wait, everything will be ok....it's no problem...lol

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/05...-to-batteries/

(Don't forget to read the comments...lol...)
Been brought up several times. Like here's a post back in march with an article saying the same thing. https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showp...&postcount=604
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.