Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-06-2020, 05:34 PM   #57
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Hmm...what rpm range are you guys driving in?

I drive with the Rev Match on all the time, and I drive in the 3000 - 3500 rpm range and don't see much use for downshifting.
I usually use my brakes to slow down when coming to a stop.
If I'm in traffic, I just don't upshift and stay in a lower gear until I feel it's feasible. I'm not concerned about mpg...it is a V8.

When I first got the car I had a problem with it due to being use to heel/toe, but now, I let the car do it since it does it much faster and timed better than I can.
Enjoying the Rev Match!
Old 08-07-2020, 09:30 AM   #58
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Messing with it last weekend, pulling up to a stop light with pedestrians, they were not amused by the reving.
People have this stupid idea that noise=speed lol. I came to a stop sign on a flooded street and kept the revs up because I didn't know if my exhaust tips were submerged. Up comes some idiot and honks at me as though I was going to blow the stop sign (despite the fact that my car was clearly at a full stop and had been before he arrived). My other favorite is some dude stepping out into the street to demand I slow down. Was doing 20 in a 30 mph neighborhood street with sport mode exhaust. I put it in neutral and revved up in his face, he's never tried that again...probably lost some hearing acuity there
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:40 AM   #59
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matos1LE View Post
People have this stupid idea that noise=speed lol. I came to a stop sign on a flooded street and kept the revs up because I didn't know if my exhaust tips were submerged. Up comes some idiot and honks at me as though I was going to blow the stop sign (despite the fact that my car was clearly at a full stop and had been before he arrived). My other favorite is some dude stepping out into the street to demand I slow down. Was doing 20 in a 30 mph neighborhood street with sport mode exhaust. I put it in neutral and revved up in his face, he's never tried that again...probably lost some hearing acuity there
So true! Not with the Camaro, but my 1985 Monte was pretty obnoxious! Heavily modded, sounded bad azz!
Driving through the neighborhood where I lived then, barely doing 15 in a 30 mph residential zone, a woman came running out to the street yelling "SLOW DOWN, SLOW DOWN, THERE ARE CHILDREN HERE!" so I stopped and said I was only going 15, how slow should I be going in a 30 zone? Before she could answer, a Toyota Corolla whipped by us doing 40 easy, but quiet of course, so I just looked at her....she turned and walked away silently.... LOL!!!!

Yes, the noise gives the illusion of going too fast even when you aren't.

But I LOVE the noise!!!!
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 12:00 PM   #60
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post
So true! Not with the Camaro, but my 1985 Monte was pretty obnoxious! Heavily modded, sounded bad azz!
Driving through the neighborhood where I lived then, barely doing 15 in a 30 mph residential zone, a woman came running out to the street yelling "SLOW DOWN, SLOW DOWN, THERE ARE CHILDREN HERE!" so I stopped and said I was only going 15, how slow should I be going in a 30 zone? Before she could answer, a Toyota Corolla whipped by us doing 40 easy, but quiet of course, so I just looked at her....she turned and walked away silently.... LOL!!!!

Yes, the noise gives the illusion of going too fast even when you aren't.

But I LOVE the noise!!!!
I've gotten the same response in my own neighborhood with all sorts of cars for years. When I was younger it may have been deserved, but for the past couple decades it's just people who have control issues.
I live in an increasingly progressive area, so many things are socially offensive.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:10 PM   #61
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
I've gotten the same response in my own neighborhood with all sorts of cars for years. When I was younger it may have been deserved, but for the past couple decades it's just people who have control issues.
I live in an increasingly progressive area, so many things are socially offensive.
Nailed it.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 06:07 PM   #62
Trak-Toy

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
I tried to use heel/toe downshifting in the SS 1LE, like I did in the C5 Z06 & C6 Z06 Corvettes I owned before this Camaro. When I switched to the rev match, I quickly realized there was no way I could do it better than the computers in the car so I said ‘F’ it, and now I just keep the auto rev match on whenever I drive the car. Why bother? I can now focus on other things while performance driving on track.
Trak-Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 08:34 PM   #63
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Kind of reminds me of the old Toyota Celica commercial.

The car looked fast...I guess back then, and it was parked.
On the other side of the street is an old man walking, looking at the Celica, then starts to yell...SLOW DOWN!
I just loved that commercial!
Old 08-08-2020, 09:46 AM   #64
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
Always on. It’s just too good. I have always driven manuals but never really trained myself to heel-toe ... which is way different than just blipping it. When i started doing track days there was a lot of other stuff to learn so I didn’t feel like learning heel-toe also. It’s a cool skill but unnecessary since all the cars I’m interested in (ZL1, CivicType R, GT3, GT4) do auto rev match .. love it.
Old 08-08-2020, 09:50 AM   #65
AmazinglySmooth

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Is there a way to have it ON by default?
AmazinglySmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 10:31 AM   #66
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Not in the current setup. And using the paddles to turn Rev Match on and off is idiotic. What’s next - flipping the wiper lever to start the car? Rev Match should be a separate switch or screen setting, with ON as the default (even though there are probably emissions and safety considerations that prevent that from happening).
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 02:51 PM   #67
Boost Creep

Not in the screen, anything but that.
I wish the exhaust was on a mechanical button, not in the screen. To switch exhaust modes you have to push the screen like six times just to change the mode and get back where you were.
I don't mind the paddle activation for Rev match, they could have used the other paddle for the exhaust.

Old 08-14-2020, 08:52 AM   #68
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Not in the screen, anything but that.
I wish the exhaust was on a mechanical button, not in the screen. To switch exhaust modes you have to push the screen like six times just to change the mode and get back where you were.
I don't mind the paddle activation for Rev match, they could have used the other paddle for the exhaust.

Agreed, I love the ease of use with the paddles being the switch. Nothing like a physical button at the tip of your fingers as opposed to going through a screen.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:49 AM   #69
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
Not in the current setup. And using the paddles to turn Rev Match on and off is idiotic. What’s next - flipping the wiper lever to start the car? Rev Match should be a separate switch or screen setting, with ON as the default (even though there are probably emissions and safety considerations that prevent that from happening).
Yeah that was really quite silly of them to reuse the paddles that control the transmission in automatic cars to provide a function that... controls the transmission. Very confusing, bewildering even... exactly the same as using a wiper stalk to start the car, even!
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:52 AM   #70
Boost Creep

Quote:
Agreed, I love the ease of use with the paddles being the switch. Nothing like a physical button at the tip of your fingers as opposed to going through a screen.
I'll switch the rev match on/off several times in a fairly short period of time, the infotainment screen, while fine for some things, should not be used for mechanical functions that may get used more than once or twice each trip.

The wife's Lexus has the HVAC controls in the infotainment, OMG what a PITA.