Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 05-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #29
tomster
RedLine

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Was his the car you passed at around the 10:50 mark? It looked like that driver was uncharacteristically wide in a number of the immediately preceding turns - was the car just not turning in for him or was it possibly a momentary lapse in concentration or watching you in the mirror?

Norm
Yeah and right after I past him I blew the carousel turn (to fast in pushed wide) Just reiterating what was said earlier its take more skill than most think. Im sure we could have made every turn look perfect had we slowed down more but to me part of the fun is pushing yourself and car to your limit. Just because I past him at 10.50 didn't mean I walked away from him either. he regrouped and stuck right with me as you can see in his video. I Had a 100 horsepower advantage on TLSTWIN also. I was using that advantage to brake a little sooner than him to try and save my tires and brakes.. To run competitively With a car that has 100 more horsepower is a definitely nod to the drivers skill and car set up. Or maybe my lack of skill (who knows) Up until he blew turn 7 I was running flat out to keep pace I didn't feel I was being slowed down by him. I do know there was only 2 other cars in our class that day running similar lap times, The track is very technical

2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"
2022 ZL1 1LE 6spd "Rapid Blue"
2023 ZL1 1LE Auto Rapid Blue (ordered)
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:32 AM   #30
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Heh, you might not suspect "brain fade" watching track videos until after it's happened to yourself, and even then it's harder to pick up on this happening in the camera car than when it's in the car ahead. Side note - I wonder if just passing somebody who's been running at your pace and you're running hard might make this a little more likely? Just in my few track outings I've consciously told myself on at least a couple of occasions "let's not screw this up by having an off right in front of this guy who just pointed me by". Doesn't ever seem to happen like that when you've flat-out run somebody down and are expecting a point-by.

Mid-Ohio does look like a challenging track, and I'd like to run it some time. Looks like I'm a little too late to help out for the June date, but hopefully September.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #31
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Heh, you might not suspect "brain fade" watching track videos until after it's happened to yourself, and even then it's harder to pick up on this happening in the camera car than when it's in the car ahead. Side note - I wonder if just passing somebody who's been running at your pace and you're running hard might make this a little more likely? Just in my few track outings I've consciously told myself on at least a couple of occasions "let's not screw this up by having an off right in front of this guy who just pointed me by". Doesn't ever seem to happen like that when you've flat-out run somebody down and are expecting a point-by.

Mid-Ohio does look like a challenging track, and I'd like to run it some time. Looks like I'm a little too late to help out for the June date, but hopefully September.

Norm
Not too late, do u want 2 go?
Old 05-02-2014, 12:32 PM   #32
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
come on out norm. itd be nice to meet you, i can tell from your post over the last year, you would be a knowledgeable guy to talk to. ill be way slower than these ohio boys. you can follow me the first session/
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #33
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

I'd really like to, but there's a potential snag in my schedule I'd overlooked. I sent tomster a PM to see what options I might still have.

All you guys with 100HP more than me are probably just gonna run away and hide.

Norm
Old 05-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #34
TLSTWIN

Quote:
I'd really like to, but there's a potential snag in my schedule I'd overlooked. I sent tomster a PM to see what options I might still have.

Norm
your car is a lot lighter though.
hope you can make it
Old 05-02-2014, 11:04 PM   #35
tomster
RedLine

Quote:

Norm
Still trying to hit 10 people!! Get the word out!!!
2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"
Old 05-03-2014, 04:52 AM   #36
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Will do. There's a guy with a 1LE I expect to see later today that I'll mention it to.

I'm still trying to make June work.

Norm
Old 05-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #37
tomster
RedLine

A message from jason at AutoIntrest

Hey Tom,

Thanks for getting this together, it can definitely be difficult to get the commitments!

Your on your way to 10 listed here so I went ahead and setup a coupon code to see if we can get some people signed up and seal the deal!

The coupon code for your group is 2014MIDOCAM and it provides a $60 discount on the June 2 date. It is set to expire on May 17, so let’s try to get the registrations all finalized by then. Registration is through the normal page of our website and the coupon can be entered during checkout: http://autointerests.com/events/523

Once we can confirm 10 cars are registered from the group we can issue refunds to those that already paid a regular rate.

Thanks again and I hope we can lock this in!

-Jason
2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"

Last edited by tomster; 05-03-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #38
tomster
RedLine

Any one who has not registered for this event who is going please do so now using the coupon code 2014MIDOCAM at check out.

Your discount will be automatically applied! I still need your full name so I can confirm the members of our group.

Once 10 people in our group have paid and locked in a credit will automatically be issued to the members who paid before we secured a coupon code.

This is why it is very important I have your names!
2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"

Last edited by tomster; 05-03-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:57 PM   #39
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
I'll register this weekend. Although i still haven't heel-toed in this car yet, pedals are to far away unless I wear my steel to boots lol... unless I change my way and not just roll my foot.

Should I just order a set of pedals? Noticed a few are setup to help with heel-toe shifting.

I have to much money going out for the next two months but should be fun

Sent from somewhere on the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:37 PM   #40
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
I'll register this weekend. Although i still haven't heel-toed in this car yet, pedals are to far away unless I wear my steel to boots lol... unless I change my way and not just roll my foot.

Should I just order a set of pedals? Noticed a few are setup to help with heel-toe shifting.

I have to much money going out for the next two months but should be fun

I still can't and don't heel toe

Don't waste your money on stuff like that until it becomes the hindering part of your driving.... that kinda money is almost a track day kinda money... unless you got money to throw at that stuff.
I am waiting until I get money in hand for my wheels I am selling next week before I buy a set of headers. I don't want to spend my track day money until I got money to replace it....
Old 05-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #41
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Well I guess I'll live around it lol. Im good at braking and shifting with matching rpm anyway with driving truck and a non-synchro 10 speed .

Wont have money to throw away until August probably lol!

I have track event then spend money for Camaro Nationals with NEOCC then a few autox events at PittRace.

Who said they would ride with me? I forget lol...

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #42
tomster
RedLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
Well I guess I'll live around it lol. Im good at braking and shifting with matching rpm anyway with driving truck and a non-synchro 10 speed .

Wont have money to throw away until August probably lol!

I have track event then spend money for Camaro Nationals with NEOCC then a few autox events at PittRace.

Who said they would ride with me? I forget lol...

I' Got ya!
I also seldom attempt a heal toe shift. The only place you would see much of a gain from being able to do that at this track is going in to turn 7 coming off the back stretch where you down shift twice. I have slid the rear tires many times their trying to get it slowed down at that turn but The gain being able to heal toe shift Is small. The first time out there its all about Learning to watch and wave people, finding your braking points, Turn in points, apex point, and power out points, (The LINE) Once you learn that and can stay on it consistently then you start adjusting your brake in points and start to learn how to carry more mid corner speed. (set the front end before you turn in and roll the corner)
2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"