Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-22-2022, 10:37 AM   #1
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Tune Delivery Network (TDN)

Has anyone used the Android or Apple version of TDN? It came to my attention a couple of months ago and I downloaded it on my Galaxy S10. It seems to be extremely useful, because it connects to the MPVI2 via Bluetooth. Although this is meant for use by a Tune Delivery Network tuner, it can also be used in order to read DTC's without the need of a PC and a USB/OBDII wire. I now keep my MPVI2 in the car and if I ever need to read or clear a code I simply plug it in the OBDII port and use my mobile phone to do the job.

It seems that it can also be used for datalogging and flashing a tune. Has anyone ever used it for such purposes?
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2022, 02:11 PM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I thought MPVI2s came with datalogging already... Maybe I'm misunderstanding (and I am sorry that I might not be using all the correct vernacular, so please bear with me)...

I have a 2+, but thought that, like the 2+, you could upload a Channel List to capture data to the interface itself. SO - I can go into the Scanner, and upload my current Layout (or at least part of it, including, most importantly, the Channel List). Then, when I'm driving, I can have the interface connected to the OBD II port on the car, and start datalogging, while I drive, without having to connect to my laptop (while driving). When I get home, I can stop datalogging, the interface saves the drive-data to it's memory, and I can download that scan file to my laptop, and analyze the Scanner data.

Is that what you're talking about? If so, I don't think you HAVE to use the TDN because you can save it right to your laptop and make the calibration changes you need/want. I don't think you need to use the app' as long as you have set-up the interface correctly.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 10:53 PM   #3
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I thought MPVI2s came with datalogging already... Maybe I'm misunderstanding (and I am sorry that I might not be using all the correct vernacular, so please bear with me)...

I have a 2+, but thought that, like the 2+, you could upload a Channel List to capture data to the interface itself. SO - I can go into the Scanner, and upload my current Layout (or at least part of it, including, most importantly, the Channel List). Then, when I'm driving, I can have the interface connected to the OBD II port on the car, and start datalogging, while I drive, without having to connect to my laptop (while driving). When I get home, I can stop datalogging, the interface saves the drive-data to it's memory, and I can download that scan file to my laptop, and analyze the Scanner data.

Is that what you're talking about? If so, I don't think you HAVE to use the TDN because you can save it right to your laptop and make the calibration changes you need/want. I don't think you need to use the app' as long as you have set-up the interface correctly.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding.
I belive the only way you get standalone data logging is if you have the pro set regardless if it's the standard 2 or 2+. The TDN makes sense if you don't want to hook up a laptop and are just looking at gathering a few logs.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 02:26 AM   #4
MakCamaro
Makis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
I belive the only way you get standalone data logging is if you have the pro set regardless if it's the standard 2 or 2+. The TDN makes sense if you don't want to hook up a laptop and are just looking at gathering a few logs.
Correct, I have the MPVI2, so there is no standalone datalogging. My question is how reliable is the dataloging and if one can add a chanel for logging the relevant parameters. One thing that is great with the TDN is that it can read DTC codes without the need of a laptop.
Old 03-24-2022, 07:48 AM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
AH!!! I see. I have the Pro, and haven't had experience with the standard unit. Good to know.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 08:54 AM   #6
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
I use it with the standard unit and can datalog it, back up stock tune and flash aftermarket tunes. You need to be connected to your tuner with it, and they will put tunes into your TDN repository so you can flash them from your phone. It works well.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 09:38 AM   #7
MakCamaro
Makis

Yeah, that was my understanding. Thanks for confirming. Plus you can read DTCs without using a USB cable and a laptop. I now keep the MPVI in the glove box in case I need to read a code.

Last edited by MakCamaro; 03-24-2022 at 05:36 PM.
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 05:28 PM   #8
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
Yeah, that was my understanding. Thanks for confirming. Plus you can read DTSs without using a USB cable and a laptop. I now keep the MPVI in the glove box in case I need to read a code.
Hey MakCamaro, if you didn’t already know, your Banks gauge will read codes, clear codes and also indicate OBDII readiness.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 05:39 PM   #9
MakCamaro
Makis

I didn't know that, thanks for the info! I will receive the Banks gauge in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-24-2022, 05:48 PM   #10
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
I didn't know that, thanks for the info! I will receive the Banks gauge in a couple of weeks.
Glad to help!

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 06:01 PM   #11
DWR

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Would be pretty cool/useful if you could flash different tunes using your phone! Especially if turbo, simply turn up the boost and load your hot tune for the track!
2007 Toyota Corolla S -- Traded
2007 Colorado I-5 3.7L z85 2wd ext. cab --Totaled
2004 Silverado single cab 4.8l v-8 2wd -- Traded
2018 Camaro SS 1LE -- Current DD
DWR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hp tuners, mpvi2, tdn