Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-02-2022, 06:03 PM   #15
flobb

Drives: 2022 2SS
Another Missourian here. I had to take mine out a couple weeks ago in sub freezing when the battery in my Subaru decided it didn't want to hold a charge. It won't be coming back out any time soon.
flobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:05 PM   #16
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Funny thing is, Detroit was s’posed to get hit with 6-14” of snow today through tomorrow. So far it’s way less than that. Less than 3”. BUT I saw four Camaros out on my drive to and from Costco. Including a 5th Gen Z28 and 19-22 SS Vert.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:18 PM   #17
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
I talked to my brother today and he lives close to Dallas and he said he's bracing for some bad weather.
lol, yes but in most other parts of the country it's called "Winter weather"
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:43 PM   #18
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
I talked to my brother today and he lives close to Dallas and he said he's bracing for some bad weather.
Bracing for bad weather, that’s actually pretty funny. (I know not for him) We got a couple feet of snow a few days back. It’s now a salty nightmare here. Unless there’s heavy rains and warm temperatures for multiple days , there’s no sense driving the Camaro (more clean up work than it’s worth). The south is calling my name.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:48 PM   #19
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Bracing for bad weather, that’s actually pretty funny. (I know not for him) We got a couple feet of snow a few days back. It’s now a salty nightmare here. Unless there’s heavy rains and warm temperatures for multiple days , there’s no sense driving the Camaro (more clean up work than it’s worth). The south is calling my name.

I'm not sure what's worse, the most likely cancerous chemicals used here or the salt you guys use. I guess I'm ok with dying an early death if it means I don't live to see my car rust...
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:49 PM   #20
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
I hear ya... The problem I have is I dislike the heat and humidity more then I dislike winter. I had family friends that moved down to FL and since have moved back. They said they got sick of only being able to turn off the AC for a few weeks a year. Every area has their pro/cons. I like to ride my motorcycle too and riding when it's 90 and humid is miserable.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:52 PM   #21
Chutzpah

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
I'm not sure what's worse, the most likely cancerous chemicals used here or the salt you guys use. I guess I'm ok with dying an early death if it means I don't live to see my car rust...
Old 02-02-2022, 06:55 PM   #22
Chutzpah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I hear ya... The problem I have is I dislike the heat and humidity more then I dislike winter. I had family friends that moved down to FL and since have moved back. They said they got sick of only being able to turn off the AC for a few weeks a year. Every area has their pro/cons. I like to ride my motorcycle too and riding when it's 90 and humid is miserable.
I know the humidity is a killer over the long haul. Something along the lines of the Carolina’s may work out. Too soon to say, but I’m just tired of complaining about the winter. Some people love it… not me.
Old 02-02-2022, 06:59 PM   #23
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
Now that made me laugh...
Old 02-02-2022, 07:01 PM   #24
jamala00

Quote:
I know the humidity is a killer over the long haul. Something along the lines of the Carolina’s may work out. To soon to say, but I’m just tired of complaining about the winter. Some people love it… not me.
I "tolerate" it. I don't neither love or hate it really. I wouldn't mind maybe like Kentucky or Tennessee..
Old 02-02-2022, 07:08 PM   #25
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Quote:
I know you guys just got your ass kicked last week and your gonna get it again. My sister in law lives in Munson Mass. and the further you were east the less snow. I know Boston got 24 or so last week and saw they might get another 8. That is a shit load of snow.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 07:23 PM   #26
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Mine will sit in the garage for a bit The hill to my apartment is steep enough and it has a curve a quarter of the way up it to prevent any momentum. One of the big reasons my car sits in the winter. Wife and I end up sharing the Subaru during these events there is pros though I don't have to worry about cleaning salt/chemicals off the Camaro.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:04 PM   #27
DorsoDuroJohn

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
OMG, garage queens!. I put some winter tires on and daily drive the camaro IN MINNESOTA! It's just a car, it goes it stops, i get to work, i go home. easy peasy, no drama. It's actually very fun to roll on the gas so the rear end steps out without burning rubber. Salt washes off.
DorsoDuroJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 10:28 PM   #28
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE

Ice storm has hit waiting on the snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote