Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-03-2021, 07:27 PM   #1
dzych

Drives: Camaro
Ordering 1LE w/GM Rocker guards doable?

Hey All,

Can you actually order a new 1LE 2SS with factory GM rockers or are they available from GM parts over the counter that are correct for SS not ZL1 cars?

I am in Canada looking at ordering a 2022 1LE 2SS and really want to add satin black rockers to match the rest of the 1LE spoilers.

I read a post from a member in the US that said he had them on option list but I could not figure it out. I know aftermarket companies make them but was hoping to get them put on the factory build.

Any ideas?

Thanks Darryl
dzych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:05 AM   #2
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
The side skirts would be a dealer installed LPO option so you can order them ...regardless of the configurator not allowing the selection.

I bought mine from Wildhammer. Install requires a special urethane adhesive and primer to seal the seam (blind) when you snap the outer cover onto the frame.

The instructions seem scary at first due to drilling holes to rivet the frame onto the rocker. Once you actually read it, its not bad.

The rocker on the car is composite, as are the frame and cover. Rust won't be an issue.

I bought everything and will install the the weekend of August 14-15 (no time until then). I will make a photo-story and post. I can share Amazon links for the adhesive and primer that GM specifies.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 05:11 PM   #3
dzych

Drives: Camaro
That would be great info to share look forward to seeing it when done
dzych is offline   Reply With Quote