AWE Tuning

Old 02-03-2022, 11:00 AM   #15
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodCheck View Post
The LS7 lifters arent that good...88958689 is the "upgrade" for the LS7 from GM. I didn't realize these would work in a LT4 though (although I also never looked into it).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I'm making 1044 rwhp w a set of course this is before the shortage and problems.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 11:17 AM   #16
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
I would advise building the setup to be able to run more then E40. Ideally I would want to get to E60. Nothing wrong with E40 but having to run that low means your fuel system is on edge of running out. I would want more window for error ideally...especially with a higher power build. Not everybody is on point with logging their car and making sure they are not running out of fuel. You and I are a exception compared to the average enthusiast.
Yes but I’m making 850. That’s not his goal that’s the difference. From his post, he’s trying to save money not spend more.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 01:41 PM   #17
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Frankenstein lt4 heads just popped up in the classifieds
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 01:50 PM   #18
Dave777

Drives: 1985 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Save the money and buy a Maggie 2650 and sell your Lt4. Easy 750 and you still get money back on your 1740 blower. Go for it.
What about a Procharger ?
Dave777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 01:56 PM   #19
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
I'm making 1044 rwhp w a set of course this is before the shortage and problems.
I don't think it was so much their strength, but moreso where their strength gives out. GPI told me not to trust them if revving up towards 7k, whereas the others are tested to 8k. I never had any issue with my LS7 lifters in my LS7s, to the extent I kept using them post cam installs and such because my Z/28s were both my daily drivers, not beat on at all (quite the opposite really), and I don't track my cars (I just like to *have* track cars because they are more fun to drive lol).
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 09:23 PM   #20
dbs1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Thanks for the input. Car is an A10. My son and I are planning on continuing to do 3-4 road course events a year. 2-3 1/2 mile events yr and possibly even finally get it down the 1/4 mile. (My former 67 bbc with a 468 & 150 shot=9.98/136).

We'd both like to run 200mph but relize we'd have to find at least a 1.5 mile venue or go to Fla or spend a boatload more $ to do that in a 1 mile event. At this time we've scratched that off the list and want to stay with the oem sc.

So sounds like a 32% Cam, aux low side pump, porting the sc, 103 tb, and big gulp all fit in our plans. Not sure about better heads or porting the factory ones but that could be an option delending on price. I'd like to stay in the 50%-60% ethanol range so that will be part of the plan as well.

Thanks for all the replies!
dbs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:16 AM   #21
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
Yes but I’m making 850. That’s not his goal that’s the difference. From his post, he’s trying to save money not spend more.
Sure he can probably do a 32% cam and low side then run some E, but soon as he wants more power it will be back to spending money twice. Especially since he is sticking with a stock blower which is going to require more fuel to make power then something that is more efficient anyway.

lesbehonest, how many times have many of us modded further from our original goal? I am just simply suggesting to do the fuel system while the car is apart now so it's future proof'd.

Stock blower cars being overspun need a lot of fuel to cover the torque spike and lack of efficiency. Peak torque is usually where the engine want's the most fuel then it can lean out slightly up top. Stock blower turned up tends to bleed to fuel system on the hit.

These are things many don't understand because they don't tune and have not seen how different setups respond.

Moral of the story, I wouldn't be surprised if his stock blower 750whp build wants as much fuel as your 850whp 2650 build until you get up over 5k rpm.

Either way I do agree he should be able to run some E on that setup but it will be near it's limits. Of course there are cheaper alternatives to fueling such as Meth injection.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:57 AM   #22
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:

Stock blower cars being overspun need a lot of fuel to cover the torque spike and lack of efficiency. Peak torque is usually where the engine want's the most fuel then it can lean out slightly up top. Stock blower turned up tends to bleed to fuel system on the hit.
I think the big mistake that everyone makes is going straight for the pulley on the stock blower. Keep the stock pulley but port the blower, upgrade the fuel system and run as much ethanol as it’ll take safely.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 02:08 PM   #23
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
I think the big mistake that everyone makes is going straight for the pulley on the stock blower. Keep the stock pulley but port the blower, upgrade the fuel system and run as much ethanol as it’ll take safely.
All it takes are 1 or 2 builds where you wasted a lot of money by doing things twice. Funny how you got to learn from it when someone has all laid out for ya.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 02-04-2022, 02:17 PM   #24
CW3SF

Quote:
All it takes are 1 or 2 builds where you wasted a lot of money by doing things twice. Funny how you got to learn from it when someone has all laid out for ya.
Virtually every mod I’m doing except for the porting can still be used if I decide to go with a bigger blower down the road. And I can recoup the porting cost by selling the ported blower.

There is value in the enjoyment of the build journey. I don’t consider any of my funds wasted at this point.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
Old 02-04-2022, 03:03 PM   #25
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Virtually every mod I’m doing except for the porting can still be used if I decide to go with a bigger blower down the road. And I can recoup the porting cost by selling the ported blower.

There is value in the enjoyment of the build journey. I don’t consider any of my funds wasted at this point.
Ya if you use a Joe Smoe porting service that chargers 3 to 500. I've watch the used blower market for 5 years now. 12 to 1500 for stock. 2000 to 2200 with a 2.3 pulley installed if your lucky. The blower porting can cost 1200 to 2200 plus if you do pulley, rebuild, ect. Let's see ya recoop.

Not just the blower porting but the fuel sytem you will lose money on. why on earth do a 32% fuel lobe?

Take some advise do the 42% by lpe or 43% by rynne, lpe pump you can wait on injectors sell the lt4 pump to a SS owner and not be out to much. Later on you can do a big blower and injectors easily in your home garage.

https://fb.watch/aZiTqJ9QIs/

Nothing I've said will keep you from enjoying your build and your wallet will enjoy it more in the long run.

It's your car do how ya want. I wish someone would of guided me back in 96 on my z28 instead of falling in love with LGmotors crap. (Hypertec power programmer, Thermostat, underdrive pulleys, borla, TB air box mod and few other thing in there 70 rwhp pkg. About 2k of garbage only to get my ass handed to me by a stock vette. I later did a vortec S trim hardly any other parts could be used on that build but no forums like this that have done 5 builds since 96 to guide me.

Old 02-04-2022, 03:26 PM   #26
CW3SF

Quote:
Ya if you use a Joe Smoe porting service that chargers 3 to 500. I've watch the used blower market for 5 years now. 12 to 1500 for stock. 2000 to 2200 with a 2.3 pulley installed if your lucky. The blower porting can cost 1200 to 2200 plus if you do pulley, rebuild, ect. Let's see ya recoop.

Not just the blower porting but the fuel sytem you will lose money on. why on earth do a 32% fuel lobe?

Take some advise do the 42% by lpe or 43% by rynne, lpe pump you can wait on injectors sell the lt4 pump to a SS owner and not be out to much. Later on you can do a big blower and injectors easily in your home garage.

https://fb.watch/aZiTqJ9QIs/

Nothing I've said will keep you from enjoying your build and your wallet will enjoy it more in the long run.

It's your car do how ya want. I wish someone would of guided me back in 96 on my z28 instead of falling in love with LGmotors crap. (Hypertec power programmer, Thermostat, underdrive pulleys, borla, TB air box mod and few other thing in there 70 rwhp pkg. About 2k of garbage only to get my ass handed to me by a stock vette. I later did a vortec S trim hardly any other parts could be used on that build but no forums like this that have done 5 builds since 96 to guide me.
I’m not doing a cam at this time. My parts are on hand and build direction is set.
Old 02-04-2022, 06:27 PM   #27
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Sure he can probably do a 32% cam and low side then run some E, but soon as he wants more power it will be back to spending money twice. Especially since he is sticking with a stock blower which is going to require more fuel to make power then something that is more efficient anyway.

lesbehonest, how many times have many of us modded further from our original goal? I am just simply suggesting to do the fuel system while the car is apart now so it's future proof'd.

These are things many don't understand because they don't tune and have not seen how different setups respond.

Moral of the story, I wouldn't be surprised if his stock blower 750whp build wants as much fuel as your 850whp 2650 build until you get up over 5k rpm.

Either way I do agree he should be able to run some E on that setup but it will be near it's limits. Of course there are cheaper alternatives to fueling such as Meth injection.
Great incite, love learning new info here. I've taken the tuning school lt courses but still wouldn't feel comfortable tuning my stuff. Going 38% cam/MAD ported heads with ferrea exhaust valves to go with the ported blower they did for me. Have an 8.6 lower right now but am considering dropping to the 2.5% underdrive pulley and running more e with the build. Hoping close to 750 whp also
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 06:39 PM   #28
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
Great incite, love learning new info here. I've taken the tuning school lt courses but still wouldn't feel comfortable tuning my stuff. Going 38% cam/MAD ported heads with ferrea exhaust valves to go with the ported blower they did for me. Have an 8.6 lower right now but am considering dropping to the 2.5% underdrive pulley and running more e with the build. Hoping close to 750 whp also
Tuning school stuff is biblically bad on cammed Gen V motors. I learned more from Greg Banish and the HP Tuners Forum than I did from the Tuning School course. The TS ignores the fact that the whole ECM is torque based and tries to get around it, instead of using it to make the car run properly.