Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-02-2020, 08:06 AM   #1
Mom4m

Drives: 2015 Z28
Advice needed on selling 2015 Z28

Thanks for the add. The friendly folks at r/camaro sent me over here...My husband and I just inherited a beautiful black 2015 Z28 with 5900 street miles in Northern VA. My brother-in-law was a 60 year old firefighter who passed away from pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago. He was never married and had no kids. The car was his "baby". I still remember him trading in his older Camaro for the 2015 - but let the dealership keep it on display for several months before he took ownership. It's a beautiful car. We promised my BIL that we would find it a good home with someone who would appreciate it. So - I really don't want to just dump it at CarMax or something like that. Just doesn't feel right. I'd really like to make an effort to get it to someone appropriate. Bringatrailer was suggested - and I see an almost identical one up there. The site scares me a bit - because of the technical kinds of questions people ask. My husband and I are not "gear heads". (I do drive a very cute Civic SI...).

I would appreciate any suggestions you might have.
Mom4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:15 AM   #2
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
I personally think something like BaT is perfect for a car like this, the site lends itself to enthusiasts. I would suggest just putting together some high lights in the ad (like the one youve seen already, who happens to also be a memeber here) and let er rip. I dont think the questions will get super technical, because, again if theyre browsing that car, they already know what they are looking at.
1970judge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:21 AM   #3
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
You can always just put pictures and price in the Z/28 section and that’ll help as that will get folks discussing it and if questions come up then there’s enough technically intelligent help on this forum.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:43 AM   #4
Mom4m

Drives: 2015 Z28
I'll definitely get some basic pictures etc. and post them in the next few days. The car is at his house (not far from me). I believe the original sticker etc. are in it. Probably needs a good bath - being a black car. We plan to get it detailed before we take pictures for something like BAT. Also need to take it for a spin since he couldn't drive it the past few months. It's been started every week or so, but needs more exercise.
Mom4m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:15 AM   #5
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Personally i would recommend Autotrader. It's low effort but yet it draws qualified buyers. Bring a trailer is great if you have a very special car,are intimate with it, and willing to engage with potential buyers..AND take dozens of high resolution photos and videos. After all that you will need to wait weeks to get a run slot as it's an extremely popular site. Not that the car isn't special, but they made about 700 of these in black and the price of the one on BAT is reflective of that currentely. Autotrader is about 70 bucks for a run till sells, you can upload a dozen or so pics and be done with it plus your phone will ring if you price it realistically. Posting on here is free , but everyone on here is looking for a deal,lol. Good luck!
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:19 AM   #6
BuddyLee

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Is this not a car that you would like to keep for yourselves? It sounds like a nice car to have at least for the short term. Rush to sell and the emotion of it all may have you selling the car too cheap.
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:30 AM   #7
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Sorry to here about the circumstance that lead you to inherit this auto but it sounds like you're doing your part to find this vehicle a new home. This forum is a great reference area. Page through the members classified section of this forum and review other Z/28 adds. Do a detail clean of the car, maybe even pay for a professional detail. This car will sell itself. Just don't get desperate and sell it to a dealership. There are plenty of folks out there looking for this particular auto. Just be patient.
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2020, 09:33 AM   #8
Barefoot Dave
Barefoot Dave

Drives: 2015 ZL1, 2014 Z/28
Mom4M,

I sent you a PM. I live in NoVa and know quite a bit about these cars and I'd be happy to help you get what you deserve to get for it. Please don't unload it at Carmax.

Dave M
Old 11-02-2020, 09:35 AM   #9
lkurek

Drives: 2015 CAMARO
My condolences on your loss.

I wouldnt ask for advice on the internet on how to sell the car. Not so much on this forum, but there are a LOT of vultures out there looking to lowball people that dont know what they have. You have a very collectible car, and I would get a hold of someone who personally would come out to evaluate it and price it out for you.

A very reputable company such as Mecum ( https://www.mecum.com/collector-cars/ ) that does this all day would be a great resource to reach out to.

I would agree with the post above from Buddy....this car would be a hell of an upgrade from a cute little Civic Not so sure it would be a good daily driver in VA though.....and based on the low miles, I wouldnt drive it at all.

Again, my condolences on your loss of your BIL.....
lkurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 09:40 AM   #10
SIM GhostrdrZ

See.
You’ve already got folks on the forum talking. That’s great. So your price range is $35k- 95k depending on how long you want to wait to sell and the condition of it.

Some questions would be: have the engine heads been gone through to fix the issues from GM, valves, valve guides, etc. Even with a low mileage car, the Z28 can have issues at an mileage and maintenance records to show oil type and change intervals would be good.

We all want good deals, even those that trash on others for what they strive for themselves. The key is a fair price that both parties are happy with. You could always send it to a popular auto auction to try your luck.
Old 11-02-2020, 09:59 AM   #11
SIM GhostrdrZ

What you have;
1 of 554 black Z28’s made in 2015, total of 1292 Z28’s made in 2015
There were 230 out of 509 black Z28’s made in 2014
The numbers get more detailed about if it has air conditioner or if it’s that 1of1 CTF black Z in 2015

The LS7 engine is a monster but also has gremlins whether or not it was maintained correctly or not. The new owner will know this and may or may not care. Most of us care but we own them anyway.

You have a special car and it came to you in a very sad way. I think we hear your story and all want to help in anyway possible.
Old 11-02-2020, 11:18 AM   #12
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
you may also want to engage a local car consignment that's in your area, they'll help with all the details needed and handle all customers who are interested in the car, that might be the best route for you and your husband.

best of luck

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:24 PM   #13
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Guys i think her BIL was a member here, i remember this story of this guy letting the dealer keep the car on display for some tome, maybe the same guy.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 01:18 PM   #14
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
Honestly I would avoid the auctions, because its likely to sell low there. If you list on autotrader and cargurus, you will get hits. These cars don't last all that long when listed there, and there are so few of them, people WILL travel to pick one up, so don't ignore/not take someone serious who may be across the country from you, as PLENTY of people will happily drive it home I know of about 13 for sale in the country in total, and that includes a couple of private parties that arent really trying to sell, to give you an idea of the rarity of the car. If you compare that to, for example, 2014-2015 ZL1s, well, there are 28 for sale just on autotrader alone, and those also have 2012-2013 to work with as well (Z/28 is only made in 2014-2015), bringing it up to 106 total 5th gen ZL1s for sale....the ZL1 is the next rarest to it for the 5th gen production models I think. That being said, the ZL1 is not rare at all...1801 total Z/28s built, less than the pilot year of the ZL1 alone (2012)...its one of the rarest production models, compared to 14,164 ZL1s made from 2012-2015 (4286 ZL1s from 2014-2015). I only mention that in case people try pulling the "comparison" on you...

No offense to the guys who don't actually own a Z/28 responding, but the folks without a Z/28 may not have the most accurate answers...most have never driven a Z/28, or even seen one in person for that matter, and if they have, its usually very short term (not enough time to actually *know* the car). 98% of the time they only know what they've heard about the Z/28, and the other 2% are mechanics or GM employees who might know something Not trying to put anyone off on that front, and NOT saying anyone that has responded so far is in that boat, thats just my experience in correcting 900 million people who think they know better here in the forums and on facebook groups, and don't want you to get incorrect information. The more you get brings all of our values up, so we want you to get more You have a lot of extremely knowledgeable people in the Z/28 forum here to help you out...you definitely came to the right place.
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote