Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-29-2022, 12:11 AM   #15
synolimit

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE A10
i almost puked doing the 23 60mph to 15mph back to 60 etc when bedding in my pads! took like 2hrs to feel right after haha
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 11:56 PM   #16
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
I'm prone to motion sickness and will second the brake bedding making me nauseous.

To the OP, having just come back from the track myself, I have a thought for you on the possible cause: Did you notice the nausea start during the cool down lap? I was riding in my instructor's car (also a 1LE) for a few laps at speed and did just fine (no nausea) until we mutually decided to come back into the pits. By the time we did that last 3/4 of a lap, I was just noticing the beginning of the nausea. I think once we made the decision to come in, I subconsciously switched my mind from paying attention to everything as if I was driving (every reference point, control input, flag towers, traffic ahead) to just casually talking while generally looking ahead on the track, but not laser focusing. I know you were the one driving, but it may be that when you do the cool down lap, you let your mind stop concentrating on the driving, the muscle memory takes over, and it's more like you are the passenger (prone to nausea) rather than the driver.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 12:11 AM   #17
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
first track day was like that for me OP. it was pretty cool out but between the new experience, pushing the car more than i ever did before, and the heat the car makes, i defiantly felt drained by the end of the 3rd session.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 12:38 PM   #18
ponyboy96

Drives: 2020 ZLE A10, 2018 F250 Diesel
I’d say it was likely a combo of things that did you in. Adrenaline, motion sickness, lack of sleep, not eating enough and more than likely the main cause dehydration. I always make sure I eat and eat right during track weekends and pound as much water and Gatorade as I can.

You made a good call listening to your body. You’re exerting yourself more than you realize when driving on the track.
ponyboy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 10:35 PM   #19
serper3

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
I think next time, hopefully in the next month or so, i will make sure to start preparing several days in advance, especially water hydration wise.

I will make sure i get to the hotel the night before by 6-7pm so i can unwind and go to sleep early (as i had planned for this day)

even though i dont think it was motion sickness, i may take something just for good measure

I will probably try to eat some more calories in the morning, or in between the first two sessions. something like jerky or a protein bar. not too heavy but some extra calories i think may have helped.

one of the things that i actually think may have also contributed, was that i had a radio in my helmet so i could communicate with my instructor, and it made it pretty tight. I think this extra pressure may have also contributed to me feeling sick, i just would think once the helmet would have come off, i would have felt better pretty quickly.
serper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 10:37 PM   #20
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
I vote dehydration. Symptoms are nausea, light headed. Drink a lot of water. Thunderhill is in a dry area? If its cool out and with all of the excitement it happens easily - you don't notice until too late.