Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-11-2022, 10:11 AM   #43
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
There will be no LT2 motor in the Camaro. Renewed interest in the nameplate? Higher sales? That site spouts as much fake info as one could imagine... They are simply NOT going to retro-fit the engine into a chassis that's on its way out.

yeah, i have my doubts too, but i'm thinking it's a real possibility for entertainment purposes only... And it doesn't seem totally crazy that there was a plan all along to have a LT2 (lite) with some LT2 parts to get a nice power bump. Either way, if June 2023 production date is true, will we know in a couple months.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 12:41 PM   #44
mRahmani

Drives: ‘23 SS 1LE
Camaro development team was already disbanded, and the Global B electrical architecture the LT2 runs on is incompatible with the Camaro Global A chassis. Not happening.
mRahmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 01:26 PM   #45
ALMN

Drives: 2SS 1LE M6, Palisade Calligraphy
LT2 is a dream come true at this point. All that process and investment on a low sales car which will go into another platform or disappear in 2 years does not make sense to me. Maybe GM will keep the camaro 7th gen V8 and then use the lt2 for it but corvette needs those engines more than the camaro and their sales are so much better.
ALMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 02:05 PM   #46
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirJangle View Post
My 2019 SS will be the most valuable collector's Camaro... the only year of production for the "ugly" face that nobody wants... although I love it and it's one of the reasons I bought it. I'll be selling mine for $100K in 10 years... I kid, I kid. Buy what you want, drive it, and enjoy it!
I actually think all the drama around the 2019 front end change did more to kill sales momentum for Camaro.

In person, I believe it looks fine and will age well.
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote