#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-06-2021, 03:19 PM   #1
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
ZL1 vs ........

Yes sorry for the click bait but I would like to know how the ZL1 fares against the very annoying speed humps. My complex has these nasty speed humps that are about 1 foot wide. They are the wide and relatively square. One of the other tenants has a C8 Corvette, and I'd be interested to see how he manages the humps, but I don't want to appear as if I'm ogling his car. Oh, part of me sorta is...but he doesn't have to know.

TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 03:35 PM   #2
serper3

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE
never had an issue with speed bumps or humps. if you are concerned do not lower the car.

have to be careful coming out of some parking lots though. slow, and at an angle or you will destroy the lip/bumper.
serper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 04:15 PM   #3
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
Yes sorry for the click bait but I would like to know how the ZL1 fares against the very annoying speed humps. My complex has these nasty speed humps that are about 1 foot wide. They are the wide and relatively square. One of the other tenants has a C8 Corvette, and I'd be interested to see how he manages the humps, but I don't want to appear as if I'm ogling his car. Oh, part of me sorta is...but he doesn't have to know.

Lool epic video....

Now find a 3 foot speed hump like this and do 90mph over it in your zl1 and see if the results are same.. lol

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 05:37 PM   #4
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by serper3 View Post
never had an issue with speed bumps or humps. if you are concerned do not lower the car.

have to be careful coming out of some parking lots though. slow, and at an angle or you will destroy the lip/bumper.
That's actually the funny part as the driveway in the house that I just sold would've probably been more problematic than the speed bumps out here. Part of me is tempted to go into the Dallas/Fort Worth forums and ask if anyone wants some drone footage of them driving in their cars with the only condition that they have to drive through my complex so I can see how they do over the speed humps. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
Lool epic video....

Now find a 3 foot speed hump like this and do 90mph over it in your zl1 and see if the results are same.. lol

I'm not sure a raptor or a TRX would survive a 90 MPH run at a hump like that.
Old 12-06-2021, 09:41 PM   #5
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCSSU View Post
That's actually the funny part as the driveway in the house that I just sold would've probably been more problematic than the speed bumps out here. Part of me is tempted to go into the Dallas/Fort Worth forums and ask if anyone wants some drone footage of them driving in their cars with the only condition that they have to drive through my complex so I can see how they do over the speed humps. :-)

I'm not sure a raptor or a TRX would survive a 90 MPH run at a hump like that.
I have wide bumps on my street.. the ZL1 is really not that low to the ground either on the front splitter or side skirts. Even the wife bumps you will be ok. As mentioned above, the driveways can be tricky so you ought to be careful.

My C6 is literally 5 inch off the ground on the front and side and still does ok in wife bumps.. the short tall ones are a problem.

I can take some pics of my street bumps and you can compare if you'd like.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2021, 11:42 PM   #6
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
I have wide bumps on my street.. the ZL1 is really not that low to the ground either on the front splitter or side skirts. Even the wife bumps you will be ok. As mentioned above, the driveways can be tricky so you ought to be careful.

My C6 is literally 5 inch off the ground on the front and side and still does ok in wife bumps.. the short tall ones are a problem.

I can take some pics of my street bumps and you can compare if you'd like.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Appreciate it. Here are what mine look like. They are rather annoying, but I understand the need for them as there always seem to be people that are a little too immature.
Attached Images

Old 12-07-2021, 04:12 AM   #7
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
The C8 has a front lift option that will raise the front end of the car. It has the ability to remember 1000 GPS locations, so after the first time, when you come upon the location again, the front end of the car will automatically lift. Of course, a $3K price tag.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 05:18 AM   #8
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
The C8 has a front lift option that will raise the front end of the car. It has the ability to remember 1000 GPS locations, so after the first time, when you come upon the location again, the front end of the car will automatically lift. Of course, a $3K price tag.
Its a nice feature but it takes about 5-10 seconds for the front to raise. Not bad when you're the only car going over a speed bump, but annoying if there's people behind you waiting to go over the speed bump too.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:35 AM   #9
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Its a nice feature but it takes about 5-10 seconds for the front to raise. Not bad when you're the only car going over a speed bump, but annoying if there's people behind you waiting to go over the speed bump too.
That tech has been around for a while

I actually like the feature although, I hate the idea of having more moving parts that aren't really performance related. I guess it could be argued that preserving the front splitter is a performance feature.
Old 12-08-2021, 11:19 PM   #10
dbs1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
My ZL1 fares much better then my 04 Z06 did. Maybe only 3/4" of an inch higher, but makes a diff!
dbs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 07:49 PM   #11
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Those are definitely annoying but you should be ok since they aren’t a steep incline. I hate speed bumps.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote