Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-12-2021, 07:43 AM   #15
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Anyone getting heat thrown on their feet in a 6.2L? I've noticed it hot down by my feet after driving around for awhile. Windows open, outside temps low 70s. Climate completely off.

I've heard turning on recirculate button (even with climate off) alleviates this. Haven't tried yet. Anyone else have this issue?
The only time I have an issue is with the top down (mine is a convertible, and I only drive with the top down) when the outside temps are lower (anything below about 70). The Auto Climate Control will kick the heat on in the footwells and I have to shut it off completely or feet my cook.

Otherwise, I have zero issues like you seem to be describing.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:23 AM   #16
Staves

Drives: women crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
Cant say ive noticed on my camaro, but try turning ventilation system on, turn down temp to lowest setting, then turn ventilation back off. Sometimes the gates in the system stay in the last position before it was turned off. Turning the temp down, even with the system off can help.

Its probably more superstition and perception in my case, but it makes me thinks it works. Some cars this is actually a thing though.

My 2013 dodge caravan leaves the defroster vents open with the floor heat on. Really good for drying eyeballs out. Dealer said it was normal, even though theres no difference between fllor only and split floor defrost. Some dealers are good, some arent.

Same dealer replaced a cyl head under warranty. They forgot to bolt down a cam sensor. Took it back because engine was dying periodically. After a ton of time said they couldnt recreate issue. I spent literally 5 min under the hood when i got it back and noticed loose cam sensor.
Thanks. I'll check. I have the climate control set to OFF 95% of the time. I drive with the windows cracked or all the way down. I never run heat or a/c pretty much ever unless on a road trip and gets into the 90s. I just don't need it in my local climate. But I'll try recirc and make sure the vents are shut. I hope that stops the EZ bake oven temps in the footwell that comes on from time to time.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:16 AM   #17
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
No, you do not want to leaver your car with the dealer unless you want it screwed up in some way.

My last vehicle was a 2014 1LE this car was in mint condition, every time I took it to the dealer for warranty work (AC didn’t work), I got it back with less bolts and fewer plastic panels. So… go for it, just be aware of how you get your car back.