Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-07-2021, 01:42 AM   #99
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post

How do you expect to have sales if the dealers don't want to carry the car on the lot while the large ford dealer has 12 different Mustang GTs sitting on their lot or the Dodge dealer has 6 Scatpacks sitting there similar priced to the 2SS and similar performance numbers.
Why would some dealers stock up on camaro's when they struggle to sell them? My local dealer back during the 5th gen run had on average 2 zl1 camaros one a coupe the other a vert. They had 3-5 SS models with various options. Always had a few V6 models as well. And every now and then "the less known to the general public" at the time 1LE. On avg they would have around 8-10 or so camaro's on the lot at all times. Why??? Becuase they sold. For the past handful of years, they avg 3 or less. Why??? Because they they can't sell them like they use too. If a dealer struggles to move a certain product, why spend the money on a floor plan on that product? They don't and put units on the lot that they can move.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 02:36 AM   #100
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Why would some dealers stock up on camaro's when they struggle to sell them? My local dealer back during the 5th gen run had on average 2 zl1 camaros one a coupe the other a vert. They had 3-5 SS models with various options. Always had a few V6 models as well. And every now and then "the less known to the general public" at the time 1LE. On avg they would have around 8-10 or so camaro's on the lot at all times. Why??? Becuase they sold. For the past handful of years, they avg 3 or less. Why??? Because they they can't sell them like they use too. If a dealer struggles to move a certain product, why spend the money on a floor plan on that product? They don't and put units on the lot that they can move.

I think the gas issue might be a reason too now. Since the Camaro V8 models take the premium it's becoming a lot more pricey to fill up. My area of FL the premium, 93 octane (don't carry 91) is about $3.55 or so a gallon right now while regular is about $2.95.

The same can be said for the Ford dealers around me in a 60 mile radius. They don't carry very many Mustangs at all. usually will just have one on the lot since we have a lot of elderly people they like the SUVs, vans, and large sedans.

But 30 miles south of me is the largest Ford dealer in the area. They carry a lot of Mustangs. The ironic thing is as of a couple weeks ago they still have 2020 Mustang GTs for sale and had the prices reduced below MSRP which is shocking for what's going on right now. They still couldn't unload the left over ones. They also had a selection of 2021 in addition that were not moving fast.

I think all across the board if gas keeps going up you're going to see sales slump even more for these V8 cars.

I haven't seen the numbers for the 400z yet. The car looks pretty nice and isn't going to help Camaro sales as well.

The V6 and 4 cylinder Camaro models seem to sell a lot better. The dealers carry a lot of 1LTs new and used on their lots compared to the SS

A lot of people in the general public don't care about the 0-60 times, quarter mile, modding their car to get an extra .2 seconds. They like the style of the car and don't care about getting knocked back in their seat.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 06:27 AM   #101
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
while these sales numbers aren't good of course... i think how different manufacturers have dealt with the chip shortage has been model specific. I think used pricing should also be considered when looking at demand.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:32 AM   #102
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
the V8 cars have been the minority of sales even in the early 5th gen days.0-60 in 6 seconds or less is fine for most people and they dont feel the need to spend the extra money for the V8s,then pay an extra fee every time they fill up.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:37 AM   #103
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I think the gas issue might be a reason too now. Since the Camaro V8 models take the premium it's becoming a lot more pricey to fill up. My area of FL the premium, 93 octane (don't carry 91) is about $3.55 or so a gallon right now while regular is about $2.95.

The same can be said for the Ford dealers around me in a 60 mile radius. They don't carry very many Mustangs at all. usually will just have one on the lot since we have a lot of elderly people they like the SUVs, vans, and large sedans.

But 30 miles south of me is the largest Ford dealer in the area. They carry a lot of Mustangs. The ironic thing is as of a couple weeks ago they still have 2020 Mustang GTs for sale and had the prices reduced below MSRP which is shocking for what's going on right now. They still couldn't unload the left over ones. They also had a selection of 2021 in addition that were not moving fast.

I think all across the board if gas keeps going up you're going to see sales slump even more for these V8 cars.

I haven't seen the numbers for the 400z yet. The car looks pretty nice and isn't going to help Camaro sales as well.

The V6 and 4 cylinder Camaro models seem to sell a lot better. The dealers carry a lot of 1LTs new and used on their lots compared to the SS

A lot of people in the general public don't care about the 0-60 times, quarter mile, modding their car to get an extra .2 seconds. They like the style of the car and don't care about getting knocked back in their seat.
I can appreciate penny-pinching, but if a person is all that concerned about spending an extra >$1 per gallon, perhaps that person is driving the wrong vehicle. If you can't "afford" the extra for premium gas, then you shouldn't be able to afford the extra oil required at oil changes, the higher priced tires, etc.; you can't afford the car then. Regardless, the Camaro (NA V8) is excellent in terms of gas mileage, when driven conservatively, IMO. My car now is MUCH more of a fuel hog.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:47 AM   #104
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
I can appreciate penny-pinching, but if a person is all that concerned about spending an extra >$1 per gallon, perhaps that person is driving the wrong vehicle. If you can't "afford" the extra for premium gas, then you shouldn't be able to afford the extra oil required at oil changes, the higher priced tires, etc.; you can't afford the car then. Regardless, the Camaro (NA V8) is excellent in terms of gas mileage, when driven conservatively, IMO. My car now is MUCH more of a fuel hog.
This, exactly.

It's crazy to read about people complaining about gas prices, oil changes and other maintenance items when they knew damn well buying this car what those costs would be.
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:51 AM   #105
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I do not talk about mpg anymore. It is BAD lol

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:54 AM   #106
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Yeah Fran you gotta feed that big ol boat.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 08:17 AM   #107
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
Yeah Fran you gotta feed that big ol boat.
I am netting an amazing 16mpg city. I do have a heavy foot though, well and a heavy car

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 08:39 AM   #108
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Don't remind me. I think mine burns fuel when I look at it. Though I haven't driven it much, other than the way home (currently sitting with >100 miles on her). My order finally arrived and I was able to take delivery on 07/01..
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 08:45 AM   #109
Dave777

Drives: 1985 Z28
I do believe if the Camaro had bigger windows more people would like the looks of the car = more sales.
Dave777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:20 AM   #110
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Here is a Recent Commercial from Dodge

Could Dodge Challenger outsell the Mustang this year? Dodge is Cleaning up with a 15 year old platform gaining on the Mustang with their options power and advertising keeping their product at the forefront. Guess going out with a bang with the big engines and power before a remodel and add a electric model if the rumors' are to be believed.
1998 Monte Carlo SS
1980 Cutlass Supreme 403
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:29 AM   #111
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Boy theres alot of posts about why the 6th gen Camaro isn't selling. No backseat...hard to see out of...gas prices. The 6th gen hasn't sold all that well since 2016. Its the car.. thats it. For whatever reason its not something people want. And face it...nobody knows exactly why.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 09:38 AM   #112
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
LOL the two vehicles I swap between are my 2SS and an '18 Tahoe. The 2SS gets the better gas mileage of the two and I certainly am not bragging about it. I do not buy vehicles for gas mileage, I buy them for enjoyment. If I was concerned about it, I'd by a Prius.

Most people that complain about gas prices are the same people who will go through Starbucks and pay $6 for a stupid cup of horrible coffee.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote