Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-15-2018, 09:49 PM   #617
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Don't hold your breath, his argument will be that he already posted it, and that he's right and everyone else is wrong.

Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:57 PM   #618
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Oh, and now that I've recovered from laughing so hard.

Jones "said" that he was running a sprint out? Really? I highly doubt that.

A sprint out is what the QB does, not the receiver. Ryan was possibly running a planned sprint out, however I can assure you that Jones wasn't the QB on that play.

Do you really want to keep making a fool of yourself over football knowledge? It's entertaining, to say the least.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:03 PM   #619
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
How about this. Why don't you post a video from another angle that has definitive proof of what you think you're seeing here.

Neither of the videos shows me that Julio was "pushed" down at all. I don't think I can explain that any further than that. I just do not see pushing until after Jones fell, and any push there as incidental for two reasons. When a receiver trips and falls, the DB is never going to be penalized for any contact after the fall. Second, as I've stated before, Ryan was out of the pocket...so any contact there wouldn't have been a penalty.

Even without him being out of the pocket, it wouldn't have mattered. The coverage was very good by the DB, and I see absolutely NO pushing before the fall. None. Zero. Others here don't see it as well.

So, for the sake of everyone, please come up with some EVIDENCE that Jones was pushed, because that video certainly doesn't show it.

I suggest looking for other video posted by all the Falcons fans clamoring for justice on this call. Good luck in finding it, because I've already looked and no one else seems to be concerned about this "pushing" that you claim happened that no one else sees.

Oh, one other thing...DB's are starting to take advantage of the wording on that rule, by hitting receivers once the QB is out of the pocket. It's kind of like how defenses are going after QB's that run a read option. A lot of teams are now assigning a player to the QB to hit the QB after he's handed off the ball, especially if they pretend they still have the ball. QB isn't protected at that point too. The rules allow receivers to be hit once the QB is out of the pocket. To say otherwise is ignorant.
The rules don't allow a player to jump on the receivers back and take him to the ground! You haven't watched the video!
You don't even know his name is Mills..you called him Miller...after you said you had watched the video 13x.

Show me where Jones slips, and is on the ground before this occurs?

The NFL Illegal Contact does not allow the defender to jump on Jones back.

Contact from the defender cannot come from behind. He has to be in front. You can't jump on someone's back if your in front of them.

I posted a video of the rule. It states this exact thing. You haven't watched it though. Just like you haven't watched Mills actions in the video.

The NFL defensive holding rule states that a defender cannot hold a receiver from running a route, Both of Mills hands are on Jones back pushing down as he makes his cut.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:06 PM   #620
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

I didn't even say anything but DB that post. Quit being obtuse.

Dude, I've posted two still frames. There was NO pushing before either of those still frames. There was no pushing until Jones was on the ground, and that was merely the result of Jones skidding to a stop quickly and any contact there was irrelevant.

I've said that many times though, and you keep thinking we haven't watched. We have. There was no pushing. There was no pass interference. You are WRONG on this.

Provide another angle, or shut up. Still waiting...
Old 01-15-2018, 10:08 PM   #621
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Oh, and now that I've recovered from laughing so hard.

Jones "said" that he was running a sprint out? Really? I highly doubt that.

A sprint out is what the QB does, not the receiver. Ryan was possibly running a planned sprint out, however I can assure you that Jones wasn't the QB on that play.

Do you really want to keep making a fool of yourself over football knowledge? It's entertaining, to say the least.

Who is making a fool of themselves? Here's the video with what Jones said "A sprint out, a roll out to me".

I suppose you will make another BS comment without watching this video..just like you have without watching any of the others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=dkbXJhjnFqo

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:11 PM   #622
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Again, you're making a fool of yourself. Even Jones said it was a sprint out, then paused and repeated a "roll out". He's referring to Ryan, not himself.

You actually believe that was referring to the pattern he ran? Dude, you're a football genius for actually thinking that! LMFAO!!!!

Your comments in this thread are highly entertaining. Not informative, however they are a laugh. Thanks for that!
Old 01-15-2018, 10:17 PM   #623
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

And, still waiting for another angle. You've proven yourself wrong on so many things in this thread. Waiting for you to prove a single point now.

Let's see the alternate angle...c'mon, if you really want to prove your point, let's see it. The angles you've shown prove nothing, except for excellent coverage by the DB (Mills/Miller...who cares...he did a great job).
Old 01-15-2018, 10:20 PM   #624
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
I didn't even say anything but DB that post. Quit being obtuse.

Dude, I've posted two still frames. There was NO pushing before either of those still frames. There was no pushing until Jones was on the ground, and that was merely the result of Jones skidding to a stop quickly and any contact there was irrelevant.

I've said that many times though, and you keep thinking we haven't watched. We have. There was no pushing. There was no pass interference. You are WRONG on this.

Provide another angle, or shut up. Still waiting...

LMAO.

You posted two still frames. One of Ryan out of the pocket...which was AFTER Jones has been ridden to the ground!

The other clearly shows both of Mills hands on Jones left shoulder 7 yards past the line of scrimmage, BEFORE he made his cut.

The video shows PERFECTLY what happened. There isn't a better angle. You want to see the pushes? Watch Mills only as Jones goes low to make the cut. Both of his arms are still on Jones left shoulder and fully extended. After he jumps on his back, he then puts his hands on Jones back and extends them again....THIS IS THE ONLY POINT THAT JONES IS ON THE GROUND! You haven't watched the video. It's impossible to watch a video 13X and not even know the players name. Unless your a complete moron.

What's really hilarious is how Mills jumps up after doing this and glances at the official standing at the pylon. Also shown in the video.

Defensive holding and Illegal contact.

Oh and by the way this was not done by Miller, his name is Mills.

Last edited by Joe M 2012 2SS; 01-15-2018 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:25 PM   #625
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
The video shows PERFECTLY what happened. You want to see the pushes? Watch Mills only as Jones goes low to make the cut. Both of his arms are still on Jones left shoulder and fully extended. After he jumps on his back, he then puts his hands on Jones back and extends them again....THIS IS THE ONLY POINT THAT JONES IS ON THE GROUND! You haven't watched the video.

Defensive holding and Illegal contact.

Oh and by the way this was not done by Miller.
Still waiting on another angle...

Still waiting to hear more about "sprint outs" and "fades" too...LMAO!
Old 01-15-2018, 10:34 PM   #626
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Still waiting on another angle...

Still waiting to hear more about "sprint outs" and "fades" too...LMAO!

Still waiting for you to put down your crack pipe and watch the video's.

Guess that isn't happening!

Tell me at which point in the video Jones is on the ground before Mills jumps on his back?

Go ahead and take another puff before you do though!!!!LOL

Old 01-15-2018, 10:38 PM   #627
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
Still waiting for you to put down your crack pipe and watch the video's.

Guess that isn't happening!
Still waiting on that video, as your videos show nothing of the sort.

Perhaps you're confusing "Pass Interference" with "Excellent Coverage" in the same way you were confusing both "fade", "sprint out" and "roll out" with a curl pattern. I mean, your DB's aren't really that great, so maybe you are just unfamiliar with what good coverage looks like. I suggest you watch some Richard Sherman or Patrick Peterson videos to introduce you to what good coverage looks like.

Just saying...you haven't displayed much football knowledge here...We're pretty much telling you you're wrong in your interpretation of pass interference.

I also think you're confusing "we've watched this numerous times" with "you can't see what I'm imagining, so you must be wrong".

So, let's see that alternate angle to prove us wrong...because just saying "you didn't watch the video" isn't working here. Show us that video or shut up.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:05 PM   #628
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Even Atlanta sports writers are saying Jones fell down. Even Julio Jones said he fell down (during that same interview you posted).

http://www.11alive.com/article/sport...n/85-507815723

So, I really suggest you apologize for calling us liars or accusing us of not watching the video when we did watch it...and just realize that you are wrong here.

Either that, or find me some video proof. Because what you've brought to the table so far shows absolutely nothing wrong with the pass defense.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:07 PM   #629
Joe M 2012 2SS

Quote:
Still waiting on that video, as your videos show nothing of the sort.

Perhaps you're confusing "Pass Interference" with "Excellent Coverage" in the same way you were confusing both "fade", "sprint out" and "roll out" with a curl pattern. I mean, your DB's aren't really that great, so maybe you are just unfamiliar with what good coverage looks like. I suggest you watch some Richard Sherman or Patrick Peterson videos to introduce you to what good coverage looks like.

Just saying...you haven't displayed much football knowledge here...We're pretty much telling you you're wrong in your interpretation of pass interference.

I also think you're confusing "we've watched this numerous times" with "you can't see what I'm imagining, so you must be wrong".

So, let's see that alternate angle to prove us wrong...because just saying "you didn't watch the video" isn't working here. Show us that video or shut up.

Can you read at all? I posted rules for DEFENSIVE HOLDING, and ILLEGAL CONTACT. I'm writing in caps so you might be able to see.

There is no better video available on the play. The video is perfect, and is focused on only Jones/Mills.

There is no better angle. I challenge you to show me at what point Jones is on the ground before Mills rides him like a horse. He isn't...you haven't...because you can't.

No one here has..because it's the truth. 100% completely verified by the video.

I'm waiting.....unless you can...how about you shut up. What Sherman did in the video posted was from IN FRONT of the receiver, NOT FROM BEHIND!

If this was actually allowed, every defensive back who was close enough to a receiver would jump on their back and take them to the ground when a QB is out of the pocket. That's not allowed! They have to be in FRONT.

You have no clue at all.

You haven't watched anything. Just posting BS.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:08 PM   #630
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Still waiting...