Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-04-2020, 05:55 PM   #1
DannyC

Drives: 17 Camaro SS
Soler Throttle Body

I was reading all the instruction on starting and getting the ecu to learn the TB. I have an i3 so I'm planning on going in and adding fuel to compensate for the extra air and skipping all the running cycles. Any thoughts??
DannyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 06:32 PM   #2
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Hi, DannyC. Yes, you can do that, no problem. Even after you tune there will be some learning as it will apply small refinements with fuel trims, but you can let that happen as you drive normally. Do the battery disconnect, and the idle learn at least (idle 3 min, off 1 min, idle 3 min, off 1 min).
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:19 PM   #3
DannyC

Ok thanks Mike. I thought there would be some others here that been through the process.

By the way I sent you an email pretty much saying what I said here about using my tuner.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:47 PM   #4
DannyC

Got the Soler ported TB installed Yeah!

Everything worked pretty well, removed the stupid sound tube(wtf), install went as expected but took a little longer than I expected, about 35-40 minutes which isn't bad. It took awhile to get the air duct back on lol.

First start the ECU went crazy. Traction on and off, tach dropping to zero then right back up, most of the gauges were doing that. Turned it off and back on a few times and it settled down a bit. It did throw 2 codes, one was transmission and can't remember the other. After several restarts, I reset the codes with my tuner and took it for a drive.

I didn't beat on it since I haven't finished installing my A/F wide band yet. That should be done this week.

And by the way the Diablo i3 only allows you to add fuel at WOT so my adding some fuel before first start didn't really help.
Flow Tech axle back, Roto-Fab, Nick Williams 103, AEM Wide Band, Defrost vent pod, billet catch can, BBK long tube headers and NGK LTR6GP, #90198, one step colder, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance water/methanol injection. (Also tune myself w/HPTuners)
Old 01-05-2020, 07:32 PM   #5
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyC View Post
Got the Soler ported TB installed Yeah!

Everything worked pretty well, removed the stupid sound tube(wtf), install went as expected but took a little longer than I expected, about 35-40 minutes which isn't bad. It took awhile to get the air duct back on lol.

First start the ECU went crazy. Traction on and off, tach dropping to zero then right back up, most of the gauges were doing that. Turned it off and back on a few times and it settled down a bit. It did throw 2 codes, one was transmission and can't remember the other. After several restarts, I reset the codes with my tuner and took it for a drive.

I didn't beat on it since I haven't finished installing my A/F wide band yet. That should be done this week.

And by the way the Diablo i3 only allows you to add fuel at WOT so my adding some fuel before first start didn't really help.
I have removed and reinstalled same and different throttle bodys many times on a 2015 LT1 corvette and again on a 2019 LT1 corvette, no issues at all . Start up on every occasion was normal and no indication whatsoever anything was done. Never did I disconnect the battery, but always left the MAF plugged in and always had the wire harness plugged into a TB during the swap.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:12 PM   #6
DannyC

Ok final update on the TB install. I finally got my wide band installed and wanted to make sure I wasn't running too lean at WOT.
I had initially added 2% at 1-3000, 1% 3-5000, 1% 5-7000 @WOT. All rpm were 12+ which is good but maybe a shade rich. after 5500 it got even richer so I went back in and pulled the 1% I added up top so it was back to the original Diablo 93 octane tune.

I'm going to drive it a few days to see if anything changes then do some data logging to fine tune the A/F and timing settings

Over all I think the Soler TB is a great upgrade! Runs better and even sounds different.
Flow Tech axle back, Roto-Fab, Nick Williams 103, AEM Wide Band, Defrost vent pod, billet catch can, BBK long tube headers and NGK LTR6GP, #90198, one step colder, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance water/methanol injection. (Also tune myself w/HPTuners)
Old 01-08-2020, 05:56 PM   #7
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
I just did the Soler LT5 upgrade from the LT1 I originally bought from Soler, and like you felt an immediate and positive difference. Getting that CAI duct on that bigger mouth was a b**** though!
Old 01-08-2020, 06:05 PM   #8
DannyC

I had the same issue with the Roto-Fab. The connector was big enough but the thing was already touching the fan shroud and the 1/2 spacer made it worse. I finally had to shove the coupler at the air box end all the way onto the air tube, and putting the coupler onto the TB, tighten it then put the tube into in and forcing the tube down until it aligned with air box.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:23 PM   #9
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyC View Post
I had the same issue with the Roto-Fab. The connector was big enough but the thing was already touching the fan shroud and the 1/2 spacer made it worse. I finally had to shove the coupler at the air box end all the way onto the air tube, and putting the coupler onto the TB, tighten it then put the tube into in and forcing the tube down until it aligned with air box.

I had a heck of a time getting the duct over the mouth, but finally some tube lube facilitated it!
Old 01-08-2020, 06:48 PM   #10
DannyC

The Roto-Fab has bigger tube and coupler. It was a loose fit on the stock TB.