Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-30-2019, 12:23 PM   #1
Phxrider

Drives: Ford Mustang
Anyone ever buy from Carvana or Vroom

Wanted to hear if anyone on here ever bought from Carava or Vroom? The only thing I hear about is that they get cars no dealers want to sell. Tell me about your experiences
Phxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 01:46 PM   #2
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
I've heard a few things, including two instances with my brother in law and a good friend of mine. Both had great things to say. Both were happy. Neither cars were "good enough" for me to buy. Little nicks and dings and stuff like that. Not saying they were deal breakers, but my OCD couldn't chalk that kinda stuff up to simply being a used car. If you ARE ok with that kinda thing, I think it's a great idea. Most people like that don't join forums to talk about their cars.

...and I'm not saying all cars would be like that, but it's not the kind of thing listed on their add. They will say you don't have to keep the car. I would say that's too much hassle for me to simply "hope" that the car is ok, even if I don't have to keep it in the end.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:36 PM   #3
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
No personal experience and I only hear the horror stories. I guy on here shared his story of his ZL1 showing up wrecked.
Good warranty though.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:46 PM   #4
bobfic

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Check this story.

Last edited by bobfic; 12-30-2019 at 05:49 PM. Reason: mistake
bobfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:02 PM   #5
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
The large majority of these cars are previous rentals. No saying what they’ve been through. On the flip side, because they are previous rentals, they may have been well maintained to keep them safe for renters. But, these cars are likely rented to be driven hard. Good thing is that you get something like 7 days to get it checked out by a good trustworthy mechanic before deciding to keep it and I HIGHLY. Recommend you do that!
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:12 PM   #6
caSStro18

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfic View Post
Check this story.
Very interesting story. I almost bought a car from Carvana. At least it seems they are easy to work with. If you decide not to keep the car it seems pretty easy to return for a refund. Not sure how that blocked warranty thing got past them though. Seems a little odd. At least he got a free basket of goodies to keep!
caSStro18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:46 PM   #7
DannyC

Drives: 17 Camaro SS
I got my 2017 Camaro SS and am really happy so far. I've put maybe 1500-2000 miles on it so far.

It was the most trouble free car purchase I've ever had. The only thing that got me was I put $5000 down and had the money for tax, title, registration fees but they never mentioned it and tacked it on to my loan. So I just paid more than my payment was to get it paid off sooner.
DannyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:49 PM   #8
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Haven't bought, but sold my truck to them. Easiest transaction ever and they paid pretty good money for it. 1 owner vehicle and I'm sure they have plenty more like that too.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:50 PM   #9
SCCAMAROSS

Drives: 2018 A8 Camaro SS Vert
Bought a SRT Challenger from Vroom a couple years ago. One of the best auto purchases ever. No issues and no trying to sell me add-on warranties and all the other crap they try at the dealer. Would buy from again if I was in the market for a used vehicle.
SCCAMAROSS is offline   Reply With Quote