Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-02-2018, 10:52 AM   #1
Bx Tpr

Drives: 22 ZLE 6MT
Question P0325 after Mighty Mouse Wild install

Ok so I finally installed this Mighty Mouse wild kit and went out for a spirited drive. Engine light came on and when I checked for codes I got a P0325. Mods are catless LT’s, 10% lower pulley and tune. Anyone have similar issues?

This is how I have mine routed.
Attached Images

Bx Tpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:11 PM   #2
djfury05

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
That's a knock sensor code. First thing to check is all wiring harness plugs. Ensure they're properly connected.
djfury05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:20 PM   #3
SDMARO4482

Drives: 2017 NFG ZL1 M6
Did you fill up recently? Had similar issue after some bad gas. Cleared the code and it hasn’t returned
SDMARO4482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #4
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Hope it wasn't real KR, even with "bad" gas. Enough real KR to set off a code scares me personally. On our old Buick, sometimes a rattle from a loose component or exhaust leak would set off our sensor, but that may have nothing to do with these new cars and sensors. Just throwing that out there and I'll let the real tuners give better advice on whether or not it's possible.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:29 PM   #5
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
I had the same code on my car, but for bank 2 (p0330). P0325 and 330 are electrical type codes, and I don’t believe will be set by excessive KR. It’s something that a poor connection, damaged wires, or a bad knock sensor could trigger though.

On my car, I ended up replacing the knock sensor. It was something stupid like $10. Kind of tight to get to, but not too bad compared to the German cars I work on for a living. At first I was worried some of the wiring got melted by the headers, but everything checked out fine. I replaced the sensor and it hasn’t come back. I also wrapped the wires in some heat wrap, but I don’t think that was an issue as the bank 2 sensor is behind the starter heat shield.

That said, the bank 1 knock sensor wiring could be touching your header. Mine was, and I’m usually super thorough when I do my installs. Thankfully, that wiring is wrapped in some silver heat wrap, but I could see it being an issue long term. I just adjusted where it was sitting to create some space. I’d definitely check this on your car.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 10:20 PM   #6
Bx Tpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
I had the same code on my car, but for bank 2 (p0330). P0325 and 330 are electrical type codes, and I don’t believe will be set by excessive KR. It’s something that a poor connection, damaged wires, or a bad knock sensor could trigger though.

On my car, I ended up replacing the knock sensor. It was something stupid like $10. Kind of tight to get to, but not too bad compared to the German cars I work on for a living. At first I was worried some of the wiring got melted by the headers, but everything checked out fine. I replaced the sensor and it hasn’t come back. I also wrapped the wires in some heat wrap, but I don’t think that was an issue as the bank 2 sensor is behind the starter heat shield.

That said, the bank 1 knock sensor wiring could be touching your header. Mine was, and I’m usually super thorough when I do my installs. Thankfully, that wiring is wrapped in some silver heat wrap, but I could see it being an issue long term. I just adjusted where it was sitting to create some space. I’d definitely check this on your car.
Thank you sir. I'll get under it as soon as I can. Where is the sensor located on the driver side?
Old 04-03-2018, 09:26 PM   #7
BMWM.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bx Tpr View Post
Thank you sir. I'll get under it as soon as I can. Where is the sensor located on the driver side?
Same basic location I believe. It might be hidden by a cover or heat shield. At least that’s what I remember. The wiring going to it is covered in that aluminum foil looking material, and was touching my header.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:34 PM   #8
BMWM.D.

Actually, look just under the rearmost spark plug on the driver side. I think the knock sensor and connector are under that aluminum shield. You’d need to access it from below, but you can see it from under the hood.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:12 PM   #9
Bx Tpr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
Actually, look just under the rearmost spark plug on the driver side. I think the knock sensor and connector are under that aluminum shield. You’d need to access it from below, but you can see it from under the hood.
Easier to see with LT’s I’m assuming? I’m hoping it was just a bad batch of gas. I remember looking for knock sensors my e92 M3 when I started working on it. Then I found out the S65 engine used the spark plugs to control or detect knock and that’s when I decided to leave the engine alone lol. My favorite engine to date. But I digress ... I’ll try looking for this sensor tomorrow.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:14 PM   #10
BMWM.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bx Tpr View Post
Easier to see with LT’s I’m assuming? I’m hoping it was just a bad batch of gas. I remember looking for knock sensors my e92 M3 when I started working on it. Then I found out the S65 engine used the spark plugs to control or detect knock and that’s when I decided to leave the engine alone lol. My favorite engine to date. But I digress ... I’ll try looking for this sensor tomorrow.
Most likely, though I’ll admit I never tried looking for the sensors when I had the stock manifolds on it. Even the one behind the starter wasn’t too bad to swap out. These cars are easy to work on; relatively speaking.

I had an S65 powered M3 myself when they first came out. As fun as it was to wind the thing out to 8400 RPM, I’m more of a torque guy. The car just never felt fast to me. They’ve been pretty solid engines to date (at least from what I’ve seen at my shop) but overly complicated like all BMW engines. Probably a good call leaving it stock.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:39 PM   #11
Tkinch96

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
I know this is kind of a dead thread but hoping for the best here. I to have a P0330 code, you said that the bank 2 sensor was pretty easy to replace? I looked it up on a labor manual guide and it said 5.3 hours to rnr. Shows draining coolant, removing a whole bunch of shit. You did not have to do this?
Tkinch96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:24 PM   #12
Ummpwr

Drives: Honda S2000
I also have gotten a p0330 bank 2 knock sensor code and looked it up on Mitchell says 5+ hrs . Who has replaced the sensor?
Ummpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:54 AM   #13
Hollard
Space_Ghost

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro 2ss
Send a message via Skype™ to Hollard
I'm seeking answers and advice as well. Yesterday during my 2nd 20 minute session, after a quick WOT pull on a straightaway, I got a CEL. Pulled to pits 5 mintues later and pulled the codes. It was a P0325 and P0330.

I ran a 20 mintue session prior to this happening and not issues. And at this point on during the 2nd session, I was already 5 to 7 minutes in and then the CEL happened.

2017 Camaro 2ss M6
performance mods: Whipple 2.9; LT4 fuel system; 2" Kooks Longtube Headers w/ Green Cats; RotoFab Big Gulp series CAI; GPI forged pistons & rods; BTR stage 3 camshaft; DSX Flex Fuel Sensor; JMS Voltage Booster; JRE tune
Hollard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 08:46 PM   #14
BlakeSummer

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummpwr View Post
I also have gotten a p0330 bank 2 knock sensor code and looked it up on Mitchell says 5+ hrs . Who has replaced the sensor?
Did you fine a fix for your code. I have the same problem currently. Thanks
BlakeSummer is offline   Reply With Quote