Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Autos For Sale / Wanted

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-08-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Wanted 2017-18 ss 1le Phoenix AZ

$30k is my budget
Thank you
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:48 PM   #2
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Bump
Still looking, can go up to $31k.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:45 AM   #3
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
I live in AZ as well, and I'm also searching for a steal on an SS (2SS specifically for me) 1LE. I have the luxury of time, since I'm in no rush.
I have seen quite a few in the mid thirties within a 500 mile search around us. I remember seeing one in Vegas for mid thirties and a few mods. Since the new cars were recently so heavily discounted, I would do a 500 mile radius search on Autotrader, CarGurus, and Cars.com. I promise you'll find what you're looking for. But I would advise you to alter the way you're shopping. Make a list of 10 different 1SS 1LE within a 500 mile radius that would fit your color and options criteria. For your list of 10 cars, look for one's that are listed between $34-38k. Then, on a Saturday or Sunday morning or afternoon, start calling them. Don't just call and tell them what you want to pay. Ask about the car, make sure this is the type of person you want to buy a car from, then after finding out what the flaws of that specific car has, make your offer. Right after you throw out your offer, your selling point is that if the car is exactly how they describe, you can have their funds within 48-72 hours. Ask them kindly to not respond to your offer at that moment. Tell them to call you in 24 hours with a decision.
If they agree or come close to your offer, you have to stick to your word. If you have doubts about that specific seller, don't make the offer.
IMPORTANT STUFF: This will only work if you're immediately ready to buy. You're already pre-approved if it's private party, or you're ready to move forward with financing if it's a dealership. That is your MAIN selling point! Your biggest form of ammunition when negotiating a deal is "I'm ready right now."
Good luck,buddy...

Bavman below is selling a really nice 1SS 1LE for $33k out of MO. For the right car and the right price, it's worth having a car shipped. Remember, if you buy private party in AZ, there's no sales tax, and it doesn't have to be an AZ car. As long as it's private (out of State included), there's no sales tax. So a $30k private party car will save you around $2400 in sales tax.

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5

Last edited by TEST DRyVer; 05-12-2019 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Added more info
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:03 AM   #4
2016 1ss

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Interested in a low mile nicely modded 1le? I’m in Phoenix as well. Would be a little higher than your price point but let me know.

Thanks
2016 1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:48 AM   #5
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEST DRyVer View Post
I live in AZ as well, and I'm also searching for a steal on an SS (2SS specifically for me) 1LE. I have the luxury of time, since I'm in no rush.
I have seen quite a few in the mid thirties within a 500 mile search around us. I remember seeing one in Vegas for mid thirties and a few mods. Since the new cars were recently so heavily discounted, I would do a 500 mile radius search on Autotrader, CarGurus, and Cars.com. I promise you'll find what you're looking for. But I would advise you to alter the way you're shopping. Make a list of 10 different 1SS 1LE within a 500 mile radius that would fit your color and options criteria. For your list of 10 cars, look for one's that are listed between $34-38k. Then, on a Saturday or Sunday morning or afternoon, start calling them. Don't just call and tell them what you want to pay. Ask about the car, make sure this is the type of person you want to buy a car from, then after finding out what the flaws of that specific car has, make your offer. Right after you throw out your offer, your selling point is that if the car is exactly how they describe, you can have their funds within 48-72 hours. Ask them kindly to not respond to your offer at that moment. Tell them to call you in 24 hours with a decision.
If they agree or come close to your offer, you have to stick to your word. If you have doubts about that specific seller, don't make the offer.
IMPORTANT STUFF: This will only work if you're immediately ready to buy. You're already pre-approved if it's private party, or you're ready to move forward with financing if it's a dealership. That is your MAIN selling point! Your biggest form of ammunition when negotiating a deal is "I'm ready right now."
Good luck,buddy...

Bavman below is selling a really nice 1SS 1LE for $33k out of MO. For the right car and the right price, it's worth having a car shipped. Remember, if you buy private party in AZ, there's no sales tax, and it doesn't have to be an AZ car. As long as it's private (out of State included), there's no sales tax. So a $30k private party car will save you around $2400 in sales tax.
Great write up with great information , I really appreciate it. Been holding off on long distance but may have to make a compromise...
Old 05-12-2019, 10:23 AM   #6
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016 1ss View Post
Interested in a low mile nicely modded 1le? I’m in Phoenix as well. Would be a little higher than your price point but let me know.

Thanks
Very tempting, but holding off modded for now. Thank you!