Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-18-2017, 06:28 PM   #1
Blacksapphire

Drives: 2ss/rs 6A
Malouf Chevy in New Jersey

Hello everyone I would just like to post a "beware post" for a local dealer. I bought my 2016 Camaro SS from them (Malouf Chevy rt.1 North Bunswick) in February of 2016 and I ordered it directly from the factory with the specifications that I wanted. I was excited and requested that the dealer keep me posted on the progress. Had I not called him or if it wasn't for this forum I would've been left in the dark because it seemed my salesman couldn't care less. Whatever, that was done and I was just happy to have my car.

Some time passed and I started to hear a squeak in the passenger rear of my car. I took it to the Global Auto Mall on Route 22, and they tried several methods to fix it but they were unsuccessful. One time when returning the vehicle to get the noise looked at, I got rear ended (no airbag deployment, mainly bumper and exhaust damage) and the car was out of commission for a while.

Once I got the car back the noise was still there and it was looked at by Global (who was very helpful) but they still could not rectify it.

**there is actually a whole thread about the squeak and I am not the only one with this issue**

Due to the frustration (they did nothing wrong I am actually going back to them to continue the work), and amount of time I was spending at the dealership, I decided to take the car to Malouf to see if another set of eyes could identify the problem, it also helps that they were in closer proximity to where I live. Malouf took the car out, heard the noise but advised me that due to the fact that I was in an accident, they could not take off the bumper without charging me for the labor costs. When I stated that this was an ongoing problem the service adviser stated that it didn't matter, and also "Camaros don't have a history of those issues so he can't even articulate that to GM so they would not get paid for doing the work."

Maybe I'm irrational for getting upset but regardless I was. Let it be noted that I have a dash cam installed in my car, it's not completely hidden, but it is visible. When I reviewed my footage there's a recording of the technician taking my car out and calling a female friend.

[B]This is when it gets good[B]: in short he tells her he's driving a race car and begins to loudly rev my engine on a local curved road and then brags about going 130mph and it felt like 50 on Route 1 (local highway). Now I don't know why my camera didn't activate when he did that (activates when it senses the need to essentially now it is constantly recording when the car is on) but it at least caught him admitting it. I brought this to their attention and said what if the technician damaged my car and the supervisor had the nerve to say that he was sure it is fine because the cars can take it. After some more prodding, he said he would try to get me an extended warranty (which he did successfully).

In the end I got an extended warranty which I am grateful for, I wanted to be kept in the loop as to what happened to the technician but I haven't heard from them since. I will never go back to that dealership because of the demeanor of the staff. I just want you all to know, be weary of what others do with your car, and a dash cam is well worth it because people do not know how to contain themselves when they drive something that isn't your run of the mill car.

Link to video:
Blacksapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:43 PM   #2
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
You showed this to them and that's all they said? Find out who the owner is and send the link to him.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:03 PM   #3
Blacksapphire

I was told that it would be shown to the owner by the service supervisor but I haven't heard anything.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:12 PM   #4
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksapphire View Post
I was told that it would be shown to the owner by the service supervisor but I haven't heard anything.
Find out who the owner is and send him a link to your video, that's the only way he's going to see it.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:42 PM   #5
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Sorry to hear that man.

There seems to be a concentration of terrible human beings who work at dealerships.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:52 AM   #6
BIG L TRAIN

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 2SS
thank you for the heads up on what happened. Malouf was going to be my go to dealership since the dealership where I brought my car from recently changed hands and the new owner fired the whole previous staff. Guess ill have to keep searcing. as for the noise your hearing I have a friend that went to Oasis Chevy in old bridge on RT9 and they fixed it for him so give them a try to see if they can get the noise fixed.
BIG L TRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 01:41 PM   #7
Blacksapphire

Thanks for the information. Happy holidays to you all and drive safe.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:19 PM   #8
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
go see Jay Figueroa at bridgewater chevy. He will take care of you.

tell him Anthony Ciccotelli sent ya. He will hook it up
Old 01-03-2018, 07:35 PM   #9
Blacksapphire

Thanks man I appreciate it, my car is at Global now. If they can't fix it I'll take it to your guy.