Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-01-2019, 11:10 AM   #1
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Installer to tune EQ in DSP

Looking for shop/installer that would tune my Rockford Fosgate 3sixty3 EQ. I recently switched from high level in (bose speaker out) to using Nav-TV GM650 and toslink connection to the 3sixty3. I when i connected the toslink input, i expected a much better and clearer sound even with EQ zeroed out across the range. It doesnt. I think it sounds like crap. I spent an hour trying to tweak the eq...never got close the the way the high level inputs had. Not sure if i am missing some setting to reset in the rockford unit...but i may need to go the route of a professional installer with access to an RTA to tune it the correct way. Anyone in the Cincinnati Ohio (or surrounding region) area that could offer tuning services.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:38 PM   #2
BigRed7181

Drives: 2016 2SS Glacier White Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
Looking for shop/installer that would tune my Rockford Fosgate 3sixty3 EQ. I recently switched from high level in (bose speaker out) to using Nav-TV GM650 and toslink connection to the 3sixty3. I when i connected the toslink input, i expected a much better and clearer sound even with EQ zeroed out across the range. It doesnt. I think it sounds like crap. I spent an hour trying to tweak the eq...never got close the the way the high level inputs had. Not sure if i am missing some setting to reset in the rockford unit...but i may need to go the route of a professional installer with access to an RTA to tune it the correct way. Anyone in the Cincinnati Ohio (or surrounding region) area that could offer tuning services.
When you say "it sounds like crap". Is the volume too low? Or does it seem like you are missing frequencies? Also are you able to do any of the programming/tuning yourself?
16 2SS SUMMIT WHITE / NPP / MRC / 6MT / CONVERTIBLE / TINT / SPLITTER / SPLASH GUARDS / WHITE KNEE PADS / WINDSCREEN / BLACK BOW TIES / HASH TAGS / DIODE DYNAMICS / GM SMOKED TAILS / MORIMOTO / ALPINE / HERTZ / BLENTMOUNT
BigRed7181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 04:40 PM   #3
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I finally got it somewhat dialed in....ran in to issues with what we believe was a faulty nav unit...they replaced it...(i have to mention the awesome service i got from Tony during this process)..It is close...but i did end up finding a local person with a RTA that does tuning....