Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-22-2015, 07:11 PM   #15
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
I just bought my 2015 ZL1 for 51k because there discounting them like crazy now. You can get a used 2013 ZL1 for around 45k. I decided to buy new because of the price gab between new and used was so small.

Plus the ZL1 has a lot of room for mods, and can be modded easily. I can get 650hp for 2-3k with no risks of reliability issues. Plus the ZL1 sounds and looks amazing IMO.

The 2016 SS is going to be awesome, lets just hope it can put up numbers close to the ZL1. However its hard to believe 200 pounds and 30 hp will be that big of a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
All of which would not have a warranty. Supercharging cars that are not built for it reduces the reliability in the long run. You also run the risk of how that owner took care of it.

If you don't care about the new perks of the interior, snag a 2015 2SS or a used ZL1.
Great point, when I looked into getting my 2012 SS supercharged I found out expensive and risky it would be. The SS is not made for 500hp+, most of the shops told me if I added a supercharged the rear end would go very quickly.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|

Last edited by Battlezone580; 08-22-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:10 PM   #16
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
The 2SS starts at $43,200, including destination. A8, NPP and MRC take it to $46,400. It will be possible to hit $50k before taxes and fees.

If you start looking at Euro models, the C63, M4, or RS5 are the only comparable models performance wise. The RS5 hasn't been redesigned in 10 years and STARTS at 65k, same with the M4, and the new C63 coupe STARTS in the low 70s. By the time you add the features to make these cars have similar options to what the 2SS has, they are all over $80k.

$50k buys you a fully loaded 2SS, or a V6 entry level luxury car with no options.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:21 PM   #17
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
The 2SS starts at $43,200, including destination. A8, NPP and MRC take it to $46,400. It will be possible to hit $50k before taxes and fees.

If you start looking at Euro models, the C63, M4, or RS5 are the only comparable models performance wise. The RS5 hasn't been redesigned in 10 years and STARTS at 65k, same with the M4, and the new C63 coupe STARTS in the low 70s. By the time you add the features to make these cars have similar options to what the 2SS has, they are all over $80k.

$50k buys you a fully loaded 2SS, or a V6 entry level luxury car with no options.
#DingDingDingDing
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:40 PM   #18
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post

Mercedes/BMW are always discounting their cars, especially the high end ones. Anyone who pays sticker on one of their cars could care less about negotiating.

That 80K can easily become 69k.
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:33 PM   #19
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
Mercedes/BMW are always discounting their cars, especially the high end ones. Anyone who pays sticker on one of their cars could care less about negotiating.

That 80K can easily become 69k.
Chevy regularly offers discounts also. For instance this one last year. Be patient. If you have to be the first to own a gen6 it will cost you.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:35 PM   #20
DevonK

Drives: TBD
Also don't forget about the upcoming M2 - should be $10k cheaper than the M4. If it's within a few thou of the 2SS with NPP and MRC I will definitely be cross shopping it.
BMW maintenance will no doubt be higher cost but you get the first 4 years of maintenance free with the Bimmer.
DevonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:05 PM   #21
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
Quote:

Now a few people are saying ' I'd rather get a BMW for that price' meh it's a BMW... I just don't get the argument.

In the end, set your top spending price and get the car your going to love obviously within reason.
I agree about the 'meh'. If performance was all the same and we were just discussing looks... some BMWs look cool. The M4 I like. But for me... BMW... AUDI... cool looking cars but they all look the damn same. From the family sedan, to the suv, to the sports coupe.... just corporate looks. In Toronto I see 400 Audi and BMW cars day. It isn't really all that cool or unique around here. I might see one Camaro a day and it is the only car in the Chevy line up that looks like it does. I don't give a damn about perceived 'status' of a car. For me I'd rather have a Camaro SS for uniques looks and great performance.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:23 PM   #22
Arrow signs

Drives: Chevy Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonK View Post
Also don't forget about the upcoming M2 - should be $10k cheaper than the M4. If it's within a few thou of the 2SS with NPP and MRC I will definitely be cross shopping it.
BMW maintenance will no doubt be higher cost but you get the first 4 years of maintenance free with the Bimmer.
Maybe a zero option M2 for 55K if you are lucky. Expect a big ADM $$ on the new M2 and the wait list is long. M235 are getting 48++.

Maybe a option if you wanted to lease a car for 36 mon with mileage restrictions. The 2SS loaded and paying for your own oil changes is less expensive.
Arrow signs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:43 PM   #23
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Chevy regularly offers discounts also. For instance this one last year. Be patient. If you have to be the first to own a gen6 it will cost you.
GM deals vs. Dealer deals .

Once GM offers an incentive the dealer instantly chips the price as GM pays them the difference. A lot of dealers have been stocking up on 2015 Camaros expecting these deals to come. It's free money to them.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:59 PM   #24
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
I think once we know how the 6th gen actually performs it will be easier to pick other options at the price point. After all if you get a SS you care about performance. Very few of the German cars can compete with the price and performance of a 5th gen, the 6th gen with its additional standard features and performance should increase that divide.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:00 PM   #25
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
GM deals vs. Dealer deals .

Once GM offers an incentive the dealer instantly chips the price as GM pays them the difference. A lot of dealers have been stocking up on 2015 Camaros expecting these deals to come. It's free money to them.

? Chips the price as GM pays the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:05 PM   #26
Arrow signs

Drives: Chevy Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefirstcause View Post
I agree about the 'meh'. If performance was all the same and we were just discussing looks... some BMWs look cool. The M4 I like. But for me... BMW... AUDI... cool looking cars but they all look the damn same. From the family sedan, to the suv, to the sports coupe.... just corporate looks. In Toronto I see 400 Audi and BMW cars day. It isn't really all that cool or unique around here. I might see one Camaro a day and it is the only car in the Chevy line up that looks like it does. I don't give a damn about perceived 'status' of a car. For me I'd rather have a Camaro SS for uniques looks and great performance.
+1 on the perceived looks or any status symbol. I have already been down that road with Merc and BMW. The last front brake job on the wife's E350 was $1,800! AND I had the hook-up good guy price. Finally got the family back in American cars. Wife has her Convertible Mustang and I'm all over the Camaro. America has closed the performance and Tech gap, and for under 50K makes it a no brainier for me
Arrow signs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:37 AM   #27
addisonpeterson
Bad Camaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT Convertible RS
Honestly the price really hasn't changed much. It's going to be costly for convertible owners though such as myself. But when you look at the world of 450hp+ cars the Camaro is cheap at any price. Look at Audi, Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Jaguar, or any other car maker and see how much it will cost you to get the same performance with the same interior comforts. You will spend at least $70k
addisonpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:35 AM   #28
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Yeah you're going to pay for being the first..my thoughts are just wait..