Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-04-2016, 04:44 PM   #29
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
My memory is the Corvette C6 first model year had no upcharge for either the manual or the auto and the 1/3 manual 2/3 auto held firm. Also, I do not believe that model year imposed a gas guzzler tax on either version.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #30
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
My memory is the Corvette C6 first model year had no upcharge for either the manual or the auto and the 1/3 manual 2/3 auto held firm. Also, I do not believe that model year imposed a gas guzzler tax on either version.

Laborsmith
No base Corvette has had the GGT as of yet. Upscale versions (Z06, ZR1 etc) have and do.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:53 PM   #31
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
Ahh the GGT, who could forget about that beautiful thing? SO glad the camaro doesn't have that. Talk about money down the drain.
greg72982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 07:12 AM   #32
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg72982 View Post
Ahh the GGT, who could forget about that beautiful thing? SO glad the camaro doesn't have that. Talk about money down the drain.
Thats what the CAGS (1-4 skip shift) on the LT1 SS manuals helps to avoid. The fact it's so easy and cheap to override makes me appreciate the fact the engineers did this.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #33
greg72982

Drives: Black 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Thats what the CAGS (1-4 skip shift) on the LT1 SS manuals helps to avoid. The fact it's so easy and cheap to override makes me appreciate the fact the engineers did this.
Hmm, yet GTO's have it too. I'm going to see how annoying it is when my car comes in. I managed to avoid it coming on majority of the time in the GTO, seemed like being heavy on the throttle was the best way.
greg72982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:00 PM   #34
KyleL

Drives: Slow
Doing that will avoid it most of the time, but spending the $20 (at least that how much it was on my m6 c6)on the cags bypass will avoid it ALL of the time

....or I hear you can pull a fuse out too
Old 06-05-2016, 06:17 PM   #35
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg72982 View Post
Hmm, yet GTO's have it too. I'm going to see how annoying it is when my car comes in. I managed to avoid it coming on majority of the time in the GTO, seemed like being heavy on the throttle was the best way.
The 6MT was an extra cost option from the factory on the GTO, but since the GGT on the automatic was so much it was still cheaper to get the stick.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:23 PM   #36
crabman

Drives: Sniffin the tree.
Yep, one CAGS intervention per ownership experience is one too many, the fix is so cheap and easy I cant imagine not employing it.
crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 01:15 PM   #37
TransAmx2

Drives: '98 Pontiac Trans Am
When I went to my local chevy dealer they had 8 '16 Camaros, 2 of which were SS's, ALL 8 were Automatics, I started to walk away disgusted as a salesman approached and I explained how I was interested in a manual SS and was quickly informed they did have have one.....as he lead me towards a 2015 leftover .........
TransAmx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:07 PM   #38
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAmx2 View Post
When I went to my local chevy dealer they had 8 '16 Camaros, 2 of which were SS's, ALL 8 were Automatics, I started to walk away disgusted as a salesman approached and I explained how I was interested in a manual SS and was quickly informed they did have have one.....as he lead me towards a 2015 leftover .........

I wish all Chevy dealers had dedicated sales staff just for the high performance cars. SS sedan, Camaro SS/ZL1/Z28, and all Corvette sales should be handled by people who understand enthusiasts.

We're the customers who walk into a dealer with a pretty good if not exact idea of what we want, what we're looking for, and by the time we walk into the dealer we have read all the magazines and spent hours in this forum and others like it.

So we will tend to get insulted when a salesman doesn't know something about the cars, what exactly he has on the lot, or gives us BS about it.

I won't buy a car from a salesman who says anything foolishly incorrect about the car when I know far more about it than he does. When I went to one dealer I told him I'd like to drive a Camaro Super Sport manual. He said we don't have a Super Sport but we have an SS you can drive
Old 06-06-2016, 03:45 PM   #39
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I wish all Chevy dealers had dedicated sales staff just for the high performance cars. SS sedan, Camaro SS/ZL1/Z28, and all Corvette sales should be handled by people who understand enthusiasts.

We're the customers who walk into a dealer with a pretty good if not exact idea of what we want, what we're looking for, and by the time we walk into the dealer we have read all the magazines and spent hours in this forum and others like it.

So we will tend to get insulted when a salesman doesn't know something about the cars, what exactly he has on the lot, or gives us BS about it.

I won't buy a car from a salesman who says anything foolishly incorrect about the car when I know far more about it than he does. When I went to one dealer I told him I'd like to drive a Camaro Super Sport manual. He said we don't have a Super Sport but we have an SS you can drive
My salesman knew very little about the Camaro. I wasn't there to buy at the time, I was in for an oil change on my Buick, went home after dealing on the Camaro, bought it next day. But I digress, I had already read up on the new platform, the new engine, and all the specs because I am a car enthusiast. I started telling him stuff about it and he was all about listening to what I had to say and learning about the vehicle. He said after talking to me he felt like he was more equipped to sell these cars. He was a new guy. This kind of a salesman I like. He may not know much about the vehicle now but he is trying to learn.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote