Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-19-2021, 09:33 PM   #15
Rmkuper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Are you getting any DTCs after the Stabilitrak message? When you get the Stabilitrak message it typically means the car is putting it self in "Safe/Limp Mode" to prevent damage due to a critical sensor failing or threshold being exceeded. If the actuator was triggering the "Safe Mode" it should be throwing a P21xx DTC prior to the Stabilitrak message. In my case I started out getting a P0016 which led me to tear half the motor apart chasing machanical failure. When the code came back after replacing about $400 worth of good parts I started digging deeper into the Stabilitrak issue rather than the P0016. The thing that ultimately led me to the core of my issue was a U2100 DTC which I was overlooking. This code is triggered when you get a poor reading due to a short or open circuit. If you don't have a good ODB scann tool that will show EBCM or "U" faults I would take it to the dealer next time and have the issue and have them run a full scan for you. It should not cost more that $50 if they charge you at all. It is sounding more and more electrical/sensor related issue in my amateur openion. Good Luck!

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk
Rmkuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:54 PM   #16
km9v

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
I'm not getting any codes at all. I do have an OBDII scanner. It sees nothing.
km9v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:56 PM   #17
Rmkuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by km9v View Post
After doing some more searching, I looked into possible throttle actuator issues. I found doing the #5 & 20 fuse pull may help the actuator relearn and possibly correct the the stall issue. So, I pulled the fuses last night & put them back in this morning. Started the engine & let it idle for about 5 min. and went for a drive. No stalling so far and it ran a bit smoother. I'll see how it goes the next few days.
FYI...

All pulling these fuses will do is clear the PROM in the ECU which is essentially clearing all the stored data in the ECU fuel tables, shift learning, DTC data, etc.... It probably cleared the stored DTC data which is why it fixed the issue temporarily until the thresholds were met again....

Old 10-19-2021, 09:59 PM   #18
km9v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmkuper View Post
FYI...

All pulling these fuses will do is clear the PROM in the ECU which is essentially clearing all the stored data in the ECU fuel tables, shift learning, DTC data, etc.... It probably cleared the stored DTC data which is why it fixed the issue temporarily until the thresholds were met again....

I scanned it before the battery swap & fuse pull, no codes.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:40 AM   #19
Rmkuper

What ODB2 do you have? Some of them don't read all the codes. The U codes you need an actual diagnostics scanner not just a reader.

Old 10-25-2021, 06:47 PM   #20
km9v

Well, I'm still having issues. I swapped the throttle body, did the relearn process, nothing. Decided to reflash my tune, still having erratic idle. I was able to bump up the idle 100 RPM & it hasn't stalled, but that's a bandaid. The engine seems to be running fine otherwise.
Old 11-03-2021, 01:54 PM   #21
km9v

Well, I'm still having issues. I swapped back to the original throttle body because the replacement was not behaving properly. It was on deceleration in neutral the idle was going up between 1500-2000 rpm. Still occasionally getting the service stabilitrak after stalling at idle or driving down the road. I'm running out of ideas.
Old 11-08-2021, 07:14 PM   #22
Greencamaro1234

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Brake issue

I was driving my car today,and a brake system warning light came up on my center gauge,then pops up my ABS warning light and TCS warning light came on all at the same time,so,what’s going on,thanks.
Greencamaro1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 09:00 AM   #23
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencamaro1234 View Post
I was driving my car today,and a brake system warning light came up on my center gauge,then pops up my ABS warning light and TCS warning light came on all at the same time,so,what’s going on,thanks.
Check your battery, sometimes when they start to go bad they light up the dash like a Christmas tree like that..
Old 11-10-2021, 12:26 PM   #24
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencamaro1234 View Post
For me it was the wheel speed sensor. I don't recall the code but I was able to read it once using my SCT and then never again. The dealership told me which corner and I did the rest.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 03:08 PM   #25
km9v

Well, I've continued to get the service stabilitrak messages for the past few weeks. I did start getting a P0335 & P0336 error codes. Up until this point, I didn't have any codes. So, I swapped out the crank position sensor and so far no error messages. I'll have to see how it goes the next few days. I hope this is the only problem.

Last edited by km9v; 12-27-2021 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:04 AM   #26
Ltrevino206

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT2 LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by km9v View Post
Well, I've continued to get the service stabilitrak messages for the past few weeks. I did start getting a P0335 & P0336 error codes. Up until this point, I didn't have any codes. So, I swapped out the crank position sensor and so far no error messages. I'll have to see how it goes the next few days. I hope this is the only problem.
Ok. I’ve been having hell with mine also, which is a 2012 LLT LFX , I did the ground in the trunk and helped a bit , then this past weekend I did the ground to the chassis. That was my main problem but if you are still having sensor or electrical problems. Under the center console by the shifter. You will see the positive that runs to the front , make sure that doesn’t touch any other wire. Then also on a few of the connectors in which some had factory little zip ties, the zip tie cut into the wires and that also is a problem. I got it running good , I just have to find out which one of the wires it is and rewrap them and also have a leak on my return fuel line that’s popping up a vacuum leak I believe. Unless it’s just electrical
Ltrevino206 is offline   Reply With Quote