Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-29-2021, 02:45 PM   #15
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Yeah anything with a blower or turbo is going to make a ton more power with just simple tuning and adjustments. The T4 had nice pull between maybe 2500-5000 rpm, but anything before or after that felt somewhat lacking in my opinion. The V6 does feel a bit quicker, but it just does it in a way that's more smooth and linear, so it kind of doesn't feel it as much if that makes sense. And from a sound standpoint there's no comparison as far as I'm concerned The 6 in this car sounds really good even stock. I did a Flowmaster axle back, throttle body, and cold air intake, and it just made it that much better.
Excellent - eventually I can see myself with a few mods like you did there.
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 03:02 PM   #16
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
Those few mods made the car much more enjoyable. The extra sound from the intake and exhaust, and throttle response from the throttle body, truly make a substantial difference in overall driveability and satisfaction. For the $1500 upcharge the V6 is the way to go in my opinion.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 03:58 PM   #17
dfxrte

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6
Quote:

you'll be happy with the v6 over turbo. if you were going to track it a lot, the turbo4 is awesome because of weight + more after market.

the v6 will give u the sound and better experience if its a weekend toy for sure, especiallly with some mods. my friend has headers and borla on his v6 and it sounds mint
dfxrte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 06:45 AM   #18
Autosenses

Drives: MK7GTI, 21 Traverse
Send a message via AIM to Autosenses
Quote:
Oh great - so my order that went in last week for for a V6 model will be held up longer probably. Meh. Hope by spring 2022 I get it!

Does 0% mean my order likely hasnt even "gone through" per se? Should I switch to the T4? I really wanted the 6 though.
I also ordered a V61le back in april. I may have to go in re submit a order but for 22MY.

Where upstate are you?
Autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 06:59 AM   #19
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosenses View Post
I also ordered a V61le back in april. I may have to go in re submit a order but for 22MY.

Where upstate are you?

Between Rochester and Buffalo. Closer to Rochester though. I did my order last week but had to send it in as a 2021 since the 2022 option wasnt on the Chevy site yet. My dealer contact said he'd change it to a 2022 since all of my options carried over and were still available. Gosh, I hope this works out and I get my car by spring. Im starting to get worried.....

Where are you located?
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:52 AM   #20
Andrzej

Drives: 2022 RS Convertible
Can anyone confirm the V6 constraint is still in effect? My order for 2022 RS V6 convertible is in 3400 status. I wanted a V6 for a convertible as I think it's a sensible option, but now I'm considering if I should go with LT1. Will they let me switch the order?

Thank You.
Andrzej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 09:10 AM   #21
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
Can anyone confirm the V6 constraint is still in effect? My order for 2022 RS V6 convertible is in 3400 status. I wanted a V6 for a convertible as I think it's a sensible option, but now I'm considering if I should go with LT1. Will they let me switch the order?

Thank You.
A constraint is only for orders that are at 1100 status. It does not affect orders at 3000 and beyond. Constraints only prevent dealers from ordering certain options when they get new allocations. It doesn't change orders they already have at 3000 or higher.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 09:12 AM   #22
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autosenses View Post

Where upstate are you?
V6 1LE was discontinued for 2022 model year. Unfortunately, if your 2021 order never made it past 1100 status, then you're out of luck. You won't be able to order a 2022 V6 1LE.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 09:43 AM   #23
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
V6 1LE was discontinued for 2022 model year. Unfortunately, if your 2021 order never made it past 1100 status, then you're out of luck. You won't be able to order a 2022 V6 1LE.

Sorry to thread Jack, but Gearhead did you see any more constraints on colors or any other options? Thank you in advance for your help and info

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 11:47 AM   #24
Autosenses

Drives: MK7GTI, 21 Traverse
Send a message via AIM to Autosenses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Yes, Unfortunately. I may just go 1LTV6 Rapid blue, manual, big break/oil cooler, RS, front lip, and Tech. Which brings me to more questions which I'll post somewhere else... but with good light weight wheels and sticky tires i hope to have similar performance to the 1le.
Autosenses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 12:53 PM   #25
dfxrte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post

Sorry to thread Jack, but Gearhead did you see any more constraints on colors or any other options? Thank you in advance for your help and info

Why not just ask the dealer you ordered with...? They would not be able to have an order accepted if an allocation they were given has a restraint, for example, no rapid blue. Until that is lifted the order will sit at 1100.

I see you have an order number so just check what stage it's at. If it's been accepted that means your dealer didn't have constraints on what GM allocated to them
Old 08-30-2021, 01:41 PM   #26
Blackmonba6Gen
BLUPRINT_1LE

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfxrte View Post
Why not just ask the dealer you ordered with...? They would not be able to have an order accepted if an allocation they were given has a restraint, for example, no rapid blue. Until that is lifted the order will sit at 1100.

I see you have an order number so just check what stage it's at. If it's been accepted that means your dealer didn't have constraints on what GM allocated to them
I checked this past Friday and I am still at 1100. No worries on my end, I knew he shared like a few screenshots in the past regarding constraints and so forth, so I was being curious about constraints as a whole. Not just my order in particular.

IG: BLUPRINT_1LE
YT: BLUPRINT_1LE

----------------------------------------------------------------
Blackmonba6Gen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 03:58 PM   #27
dfxrte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmonba6Gen View Post
I checked this past Friday and I am still at 1100. No worries on my end, I knew he shared like a few screenshots in the past regarding constraints and so forth, so I was being curious about constraints as a whole. Not just my order in particular.

Got it! Constraints can differ as far as I am aware. Higher volume dealers may not have the same constraint as another. Here in Canada it's completely different as well (we get much fewer cars, but it seems to be more orderly). I think the allocations given trump any and all restrictions. If GM allows your dealer to submit it they'll have it built regardless of what they may be allowing nationally
Old 08-30-2021, 03:59 PM   #28
dfxrte

for what it's worth, I heard there is a constraint on all ZLE as they do not have any spoilers