Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
km9v

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6
Unhappy Need help

I have the 2 tone leather seats. Light grey seating surface, the rest dark grey. I wear jeans frequently and have noticed the blue transferred to my lower seat back. How do I clean it? I've tried a damp microfiber cloth, but it didn't work at all. I wanted the all black (or dark grey) interior & I now regret it. My floor mats are already stained too.
km9v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #2
Tecca

Drives: ...
Your floor mats are stained by your blue jeans.., Hey Now.

Anyway a good leather cleaner will do the trick, such as leather master, leatherique, adam, and zaino.

If you are in a hurry and don't want to wait for a order go to your local Lowe's and pick up some Folex it is a instant stain carpet remover plus it is like $5 a bottle. Works good.

You should always treat your leather with a conditioner after a good cleaning...,
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #3
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
All good advice.

I'll add that its better to remove it QUICKLY rather than letting it build up. Once bluejean transfer builds up enough it can become more difficult to remove.

Prevention is always best. In the past I've kept a small towel on lighter colored interiors to prevent this from happening, but I also learned my lesson and won't ever do light colored leather again!!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
km9v

My old 4th gen Z28 (owned for almost 11 yrs.) had shiny black leather seats that I cleaned w/ Armor All leather cleaner/conditioner. I was unsure about using something like that on the matte finish leather. I keep kicking myself for not getting all black interior. It stays cleaner looking for much longer.

As for the floor mats, I may get some Weather Tech black mats. There's no good reason for light grey carpet mats.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #5
km9v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
All good advice.

I'll add that its better to remove it QUICKLY rather than letting it build up. Once bluejean transfer builds up enough it can become more difficult to remove.

Prevention is always best. In the past I've kept a small towel on lighter colored interiors to prevent this from happening, but I also learned my lesson and won't ever do light colored leather again!!
I just noticed it this past weekend when I was cleaning the car.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
you can only remove some of the stain from bluejeans.my wife has beige leather interior in her car and i clean it constantly,but i never get it all off .i use a cleaner called "krud kutter" that i get at lowe's and then use a good leather conditioner.the seats look much better,but you can still see a blue tint in the leather.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:29 AM   #7
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Interesting. Fbodfather just addressed the material and wearing on the bolsters in another thread. Along with the dye issue of denim in particular;

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...0&postcount=23
Old 07-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #8
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I wear jeans 90% of the time and have had none of the problems in this thread or in the FBodfather thread. I never even thought about this before.

I've used IPA on these seats for tricky spots and it worked great. Don't know if I'd use it on a big space, but you might try it diluted.