Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 07-28-2019, 09:48 AM   #1
rayruner

Drives: 16 2.0 red
maf

I got a 2.0 turbo, about a month ago i run through a very heavy thunder storm, and before i got out of it it i got a light, the next day i checked it and it was a 102 maf, I'm assuming there was enough water get in there to through the light, I haven't had the light since, but my mpg is down a good 3 or 4 mpg, also power seems to be down some also. i'm thinking the maf is the cause, anyone have a that problem or any other ideas. thanks
rayruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:41 PM   #2
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
Take off the lid to the airbox and see if it or the filter is wet. Also, pull the connector to the sensor and see if any moisture got in. I'd put money on the filter getting damaged by water.
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:04 AM   #3
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
I run an open hood with heat extraction.. and ZZP intake that's not fully closed. Never had an issue with heavy rains.

Like Turbo said.. check and clean plugs, check the filter. Maybe even take the negative of the battery and reset the ECU.
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 02:53 PM   #4
rayruner

Drives: 16 2.0 red
maf

Thanks for the help, first time i ever got water in the intake.
rayruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 07:26 PM   #5
turbojeep95

Drives: 17 Camaro lt, 22 Camaro LT1
I went wheeling one time in my old 95 wrangler through what I thought was a puddle. Turned out it was over 4' deep and hydrolocked the engine coming out of the hole. Had to take out the plugs and crank all the water from the cylinders. lol
turbojeep95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:31 AM   #6
dekes1

Drives: Camaro like
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojeep95 View Post
I went wheeling one time in my old 95 wrangler through what I thought was a puddle. Turned out it was over 4' deep and hydrolocked the engine coming out of the hole. Had to take out the plugs and crank all the water from the cylinders. lol
Way off topic, but I did the same with a 1991 Beretta GTZ. Had a built Quad4 at around 210HP with an air intake that was down under the front splitter. Was driving through a downpour, hit a deep puddle, hydrolocked and shot connecting rods out the side of the block. Bad day.
dekes1 is offline   Reply With Quote