Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 08-01-2019, 09:44 AM   #2829
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Didn't the GT350R have CF components? So what CF does the GT500 have that the R didn't have that will save extra weight? Again, the supercharger system with everything it has will be at least an additional 200 pounds. Then there are the brake components. And I'm sure it will have heated and cooled seats as standard along with heated steering wheel. That is if they want to be competitive with the competition that has been offering those items standard. So at 200 pounds just for the blower you are already over 4000 pounds. Again, where are they saving weight from and is it significant to offset the additional weight from the high performance items that are added on?

I didn't word my post good at all lol. What I meant to say was the only part of the GT500 where weight was trying to be saved is in the CFTP. Car is going to be heavy. I think the base GT500 will probably be 4100 pounds and the CFTP might come in 39XX.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:47 AM   #2830
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I didn't word my post good at all lol. What I meant to say was the only part of the GT500 where weight was trying to be saved is in the CFTP. Car is going to be heavy. I think the base GT500 will probably be 4100 pounds and the CFTP might come in 39XX.
Good estimate, I can go along with that. I will be pleasantly surprised to see the CFTP tip in under 4K.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #2831
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I don't understand why Ford waits this long to release info on the car. It seems like they feel that the info will be disappointing so they let out a little at a time. The car will have 760HP.........but a 180MPH limiter.........and will cost $74K for the base and $94K for the CF version...........and will weigh...oh but before that here is pro-driver X who says the car feels lighter than what it really is although we still haven't told anyone what it really is. So what will it weigh?............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................The car will weigh...we interrupt you with news on the C8 Vette, the 2020 Vette will weigh 3400 pounds, have 495 HP, is expected to hit 60MPH under 3 seconds when outfitted with the Z51 package, and the base MSRP will be less than $60K. We releases all the interior and exterior color options. Back to your regularly scheduled program. Ford?....................................Oh right. Um. So the car will weigh........oh wait, here is another pro-driver who says that the GT500 outran a Ford GT and it dynoes in at 680-690 RWHP. Although we can't give you any details on the dyno run or the track run or who piloted both cars or if it ever actually happened at all, what we can tell you is that it came from a very reputable source. So back to the weight...............ooooo a squirrel.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 01:35 PM   #2832
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Even if the car does weigh in less than 4K, the fact that it is priced out of reach for most people is a drag. Think about it. The Base C8 will be over $14K cheaper than the Base GT500. If you can afford a fully loaded convertible GT or SS, then you can probably squeeze the change out of your couch to get yourself into a base C8. But what will it take for that buyer to get into a GT500? Even if you can afford the MSRP you still gotta pay markups. And that is if you can even get an allocation. And with the lack of timely info on the car...I see a lot of people switching over to GM after this entire fiasco. The GT500 was supposed to be the saving grace and it turned out to disappoint people. Well the HP and TQ had people pleased. But that so far is the only news that was satisfactory even if it took them 6 years to get this far. SMH
Old 08-01-2019, 03:01 PM   #2833
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
I don't understand why Ford waits this long to release info on the car. It seems like they feel that the info will be disappointing so they let out a little at a time. The car will have 760HP.........but a 180MPH limiter.........and will cost $74K for the base and $94K for the CF version...........and will weigh...oh but before that here is pro-driver X who says the car feels lighter than what it really is although we still haven't told anyone what it really is. So what will it weigh?............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................The car will weigh...we interrupt you with news on the C8 Vette, the 2020 Vette will weigh 3400 pounds, have 495 HP, is expected to hit 60MPH under 3 seconds when outfitted with the Z51 package, and the base MSRP will be less than $60K. We releases all the interior and exterior color options. Back to your regularly scheduled program. Ford?....................................Oh right. Um. So the car will weigh........oh wait, here is another pro-driver who says that the GT500 outran a Ford GT and it dynoes in at 680-690 RWHP. Although we can't give you any details on the dyno run or the track run or who piloted both cars or if it ever actually happened at all, what we can tell you is that it came from a very reputable source. So back to the weight...............ooooo a squirrel.
Not going to lie, there is a ton of truth here in the public's opinion and current interests. Ford has lost all PR with the GT500 to the C8, and they will have a really hard time taking any amount of attention back.

New C8 videos, spottings, and details are coming out every day.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:02 PM   #2834
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
You are 1000% spot on here Blaq. But it doesn't seem like it's just the GT500 Ford does this with. They announced many months ago a new 7.3 for the Super Duty trucks and just today released it's HP and TQ. while still no info for the diesel. I have no idea why it takes Ford so long to release stuff.

Quote:
Even if the car does weigh in less than 4K, the fact that it is priced out of reach for most people is a drag. Think about it. The Base C8 will be over $14K cheaper than the Base GT500. If you can afford a fully loaded convertible GT or SS, then you can probably squeeze the change out of your couch to get yourself into a base C8. But what will it take for that buyer to get into a GT500? Even if you can afford the MSRP you still gotta pay markups. And that is if you can even get an allocation. And with the lack of timely info on the car...I see a lot of people switching over to GM after this entire fiasco. The GT500 was supposed to be the saving grace and it turned out to disappoint people. Well the HP and TQ had people pleased. But that so far is the only news that was satisfactory even if it took them 6 years to get this far. SMH
Yes and no. I think the GT500 will still sell fine, just as the ZL1 will and just as the Hellcat/RE. There are some people that just aren't Corvette people and other stuff will sway them into the other cars but I agree the C8 is definitely going to steal some sales.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:30 AM   #2835
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
My biggest gripe is how long it takes them to release info. Someone in the PR/marketing department really thinks they have people on the edge of their seat with this shit..all they're doing is having people lose interest. Nobody gives a shit what the 7.3 will make for a bunch of fleet vehicles. GM came in and stole their thunder from the GT500 with the C8, and released such awesome specs, that when they finally release the rest of the numbers for the GT500, nobody will care anyways because they will all be worse than the C8 and the upcoming variants with higher power.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:49 AM   #2836
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
My biggest gripe is how long it takes them to release info. Someone in the PR/marketing department really thinks they have people on the edge of their seat with this shit..all they're doing is having people lose interest. Nobody gives a shit what the 7.3 will make for a bunch of fleet vehicles. GM came in and stole their thunder from the GT500 with the C8, and released such awesome specs, that when they finally release the rest of the numbers for the GT500, nobody will care anyways because they will all be worse than the C8 and the upcoming variants with higher power.
I do understand some level of delay with HP/TQ numbers, as manufaturers want to tweek things to get as much out of the engines as possible.

However, what i have seen with Ford is, when they release some numbers, and don't relesase others, it is clearly the case that the numbers they release are the good news, and the numbers they don't release in a timely fasion, are the bad news. To me, the delay in the weight numbers for the GT500 are because the won't be that good. It is especially telling that the Billy Johnson is spouting off about how light the car "feels". Again, that is a sign the actual numbers are going to be disapointing. If this car was going to surpise folks with a relatively lighter weight than resonable folks would expect, they would be shouting that number from the rooftops. Or at least saying that the actual weight will surprise folks. The fact that they are already making excuses about how light it "feels", is bad news in the weight department.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:23 AM   #2837
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
Not going to lie, there is a ton of truth here in the public's opinion and current interests. Ford has lost all PR with the GT500 to the C8, and they will have a really hard time taking any amount of attention back.

New C8 videos, spottings, and details are coming out every day.
How have they lost the PR battle. They will sell each and every 500 they manufacture for MSRP for a long time. Dealers will mark up above that. How long until discounts or rebates on the C8?
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:30 AM   #2838
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
How have they lost the PR battle. They will sell each and every 500 they manufacture for MSRP for a long time. Dealers will mark up above that. How long until discounts or rebates on the C8?
You can’t compare a limited built car to one of mass production. But even at 5000 GT500 being made, they will sell for under msrp within a year of when they hit the showrooms. The market is small when your over $75,000 for a sports car.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 07:22 AM   #2839
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I seem to remember these same comments about the GT350 and GT350R. Now look. People are trying to get out of them. I've been seeing more and more of them selling in the $40K range. And to add insult to the injury, lots of people prefer the GTs and Bullitts over the GT350s. I seem to remember you or someone else talking about how they were going to be worth more than MSRP for years to come. And that does not seem to be the case anymore. Those cars had "For Sale" signs on them right after GM announced the MSRP of the C8. And those prices dropped and dropped since then. How long do you think the GT500 will retain a high value? 1 year? 2 years? Even the Demons are starting to drop and they, much like the GT500, all sold with many of them going way over MSRP. People are not getting that money back for those cars because those prices have been dropping like a ton of bricks too. And now FCA has a sale on ALL models of the Challenger including the Hellcat. I think it is like $10 off per horsepower which brings Hellcats down by almost $8K. Yet 2 years ago some dealerships were still charging markups. 3 years ago and you were not buying one without a markup. Oh how times have changed. Now look. $8K off. And you can get a used low mileage version for mid $40K. Just like the GT350s. So how long do you think the act will keep up this time.

As far as rebates and discounts on the C8, that is why we all can afford high performance cars from GM while Mustang guys are always stuck in base model GTs with a PP1 package added on. And that is why we pay less for better performing cars that are also more durable and better built. People paid ZL1 money for the non-R GT350. And they paid Z06 money for the R. And neither of those two cars could match the performance of cars that costed the same amount of money. Now here comes the GT500 at a high MSRP that most Mustang guys can't afford and the ones who can afford it are refusing to buy just to get outdone by the cheaper, discounted, rebated C8 that most of the SS owners here and all of the ZL1 owners can get into. I actually hope GM discounts it and offers rebates. That just means I'll get an awesome mid engine car even cheaper.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:29 AM   #2840
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Oh and BTW...lots of dealerships ARE charging markups for the C8 and are getting that money without hesitation. And that is on a mass produced car.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:42 AM   #2841
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Look at all the media outlets. No one is talking about the GT500 except the Mustang forums and Mustang fans. Is it the highest horsepower car in the segment? No. Is it an affordable mid-engine with super car acceleration? No. Is it the most expensive option that we know almost nothing about? Yep.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #2842
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Alex Flores, a well known Lund Racing tuner claimed that he had it on good authority from someone close to the project that the base gt500 ran slower than a gt350r at a certain track. It'll be interesting how much faster the gt500 cf will be. Interesting food for though if the info is legit.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote