Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Phastek Performance

Old 06-18-2019, 05:33 PM   #29
Gary H

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Great, thank you!
Last question: What's the fundamental differences between the NAV-TV and the AmpPRO 4? There seems to quite a difference in price, so in reality do they do the same thing?

Velossa intake, Rotofab, Mamo TB, Custom ported NX Lid & Jokerz Full tilt ported LT4 charger, 3 port CoolingMist Meth injection - ATI 15% lower pulley, E2X CC, TSP ceramic coated longtubes, de-cat and Borla 60608 to NPP box, JRE tune, BMR rear control & trailing arms, lock-out kit, lowering springs and front strut brace, Custom carbon trim interior, Xpel ultimate front PPF and Prestige window tint with Chameleon Windscreen tint...ever evolving...
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:53 PM   #30
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
Great, thank you!
Last question: What's the fundamental differences between the NAV-TV and the AmpPRO 4? There seems to quite a difference in price, so in reality do they do the same thing?
I believe the difference is only $100

$399 compared to $499

The NavTV piece was initially $850 when it was the only one available. But after PAC came out with their piece, NavTV dropped the price

They essentially do the same thing, not much difference between the two
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:13 AM   #31
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I am currently getting the amp rack constructed, and will be installing mine very shortly. I am concerned that the optical/digital output will be only two channels from the unit, and no front/rear fading

Last edited by headgamez; 06-19-2019 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Additional info
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #32
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
really? they dont support 4 channel for front and rear fading? Is that true of all of the Most50 decoder boxes? Would seem like a deal breaker unless all you want to do is subwoofers off it.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:43 AM   #33
headgamez

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
really? they dont support 4 channel for front and rear fading? Is that true of all of the Most50 decoder boxes? Would seem like a deal breaker unless all you want to do is subwoofers off it.
I am hoping that it will allow factory front/rear fading control from the head unit through the digital output. I know that the analog output will, just not sure about the digital. Keeping my fingers crossed!!
Old 06-19-2019, 01:04 PM   #34
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I have the NAV unit...i can tell you that the digital/optical out...is only 2 channels. I ended up switching over to RCA (long story there) but really havent noticed much difference in sound quality between the 2. I really didnt care about fader as i adjusted all that stuff thru my 3Sixty3 DSP. You could also use gains on amp to balance out front/rear. One of the things i couldnt do anything about...the chimes normally are different ones over front left and rear left outputs. WIth digital, all were out both left channels
Old 06-19-2019, 02:42 PM   #35
headgamez

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecboy View Post
I have the NAV unit...i can tell you that the digital/optical out...is only 2 channels. I ended up switching over to RCA (long story there) but really havent noticed much difference in sound quality between the 2. I really didnt care about fader as i adjusted all that stuff thru my 3Sixty3 DSP. You could also use gains on amp to balance out front/rear. One of the things i couldnt do anything about...the chimes normally are different ones over front left and rear left outputs. WIth digital, all were out both left channels
Thanks for the info!! I would like to keep it user-friendly as the wife drives the vehicle as well. I will use the analog from the radio, and optical from the bit play HD into the PS8.

Last edited by headgamez; 06-19-2019 at 02:42 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 06-19-2019, 03:28 PM   #36
tecboy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
You wont be sorry doing the Nav unit...some of us who did early system upgrades started with their systems summing up Bose amp outputs to DSP's ...grabbing clean most50 signal made night and day difference. My DSP eq settings(still work in progress) are much flatter compared to Bose output signal. Plus the sound is consitent thru the head unit volume range...

I really think the Nav unit is constructed better than the PAC. Nav is made in USA. Plus their support (thanks Tony) is second to none. Well worth the $100 more imo

I purchased a 6 channel 20 foot Stinger RCA cable...made running rca from front to rear very simple..high quality...very small footprint...no engine noise...paid around $35 on Amazon
Old 06-20-2019, 11:06 AM   #37
drfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Yes, my apologies. I believe that was one thing that the Nav-TV unit did not support. Someone mentioned that a while back.

for those of us that tune systems meticulously for staging and imaging, we NEVER touch front or rear fade anyway, as it completely destroys the sound. But for those that don't really care about imaging and staging that feature may be something that they want to preserve. In that case, you may be frustrated with lack of front/rear fade if using the Nav-Tv unit via Toslink connection .
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

Old 08-17-2019, 08:06 PM   #38
headgamez

Has anybody tested the output of the analog end of the M650? I am having serious gain structuring issues, and when I test the analog output of the M650, it was only 400mV. According to the package insert, it should be 2.1v RMS, and 3v peak to peak, 6V max. This was produced using 1kHz test tone at 0dB, volume WFO. I also used my DD1+, and there was no reading at all through the analog outputs of the M650.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:18 AM   #39
drfeelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by headgamez View Post
Has anybody tested the output of the analog end of the M650? I am having serious gain structuring issues, and when I test the analog output of the M650, it was only 400mV. According to the package insert, it should be 2.1v RMS, and 3v peak to peak, 6V max. This was produced using 1kHz test tone at 0dB, volume WFO. I also used my DD1+, and there was no reading at all through the analog outputs of the M650.
I would call NavTV and ask about that. We didn't test the analog output in my system since we used the Toslink output.

Tags
most50, os81082, os81092