Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

AWE Tuning

Old 04-08-2024, 11:41 AM   #1
Diggs

Drives: 69 Z28 RS / 2019 2SS 69 SS clone
Long time member, finally a Gen6 owner

I have been a member here since, well, Gen 6 Camaros debutted. I was a wannabe until now.

Here is my "55 year old, new car". It's a 2019 2SS convertible that was in an accident and reconstructed with 1969 sheet metal.

Diggs
Attached Images

Diggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 11:50 AM   #2
Caerus

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Awesome, that is a special car. Thanks for sharing. Nice first post!
Old 04-08-2024, 12:25 PM   #3
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
That is ridiculously cool!!! I love it! Well done.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 10:40 PM   #4
Caerus

Hey Diggs, I would be interested in how this project happened. Can you give some back ground information?
Old 04-17-2024, 06:06 AM   #5
Diggs

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerus View Post
Hey Diggs, I would be interested in how this project happened. Can you give some back ground information?
Well, I have wanted a 69 Camaro since they first debuted. My favorite car, ever. I had a 69 Z28 RS back in the 80s. The guy I bought it from had blown a couple of engines (actually his son) and he wasn't wanting to throw more money at it. I had grand plans but life got in the way so I sold it. I figured some day I would hit the lottery and I would have Joe Martin or Dave Kindig make me a modernized 69. Yeah, that hasn't happened.

Fast forward to now. I have been a member of the LS1tech forum since I bought a 2004 GTO (the first one sold in Woodbridge, VA) but wasn't a big poster there - much like here. A few months ago, they sent their semi-regular "what's happening email" and the first story was about some guy in West Virginia that was selling a 69 SS that had started life as a 2019 2SS. Unfortunately, the eBay listing ended 2 days before the email was sent. The reserve had not been met, so I contacted the seller to see if he was interested in a direct sale or if he was planning to put it up again. He said he was listing it soon. When he did, I put up a bid and crossed my fingers. It was enough and I drove to WV, rented a U-haul trailer and hauled it back to Culpeper, VA.

I've been slowly putting my own touch on it since he decided to leave some things in, shall we say, iffy condition. The under hood fuse box was just hanging by the wires so I found a junk yard replacement. The intake and air filter was zip tied to the frame. No problem - I replaced that with a K&N CAI. The suitcase muffler is now in my local dump and I replaced it with proper axle back muffler delete pipes.

It took a month to get the title in VA since it was sold to me as a WV reconstructed title and bureaucrats have to do their thing. I just yesterday received my permanent plates. I have the license plates framed with 1969 Camaro frames and the plate is PLUS 50.

I owe you some more pictures.

Diggs
Old 04-17-2024, 09:19 AM   #6
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Ridiculously cool looking car, congrats!
Deacon Blues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 12:02 PM   #7
Caerus

Thanks for the back ground. Glad to see your journey full filled. Yes more pix. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2024, 07:54 AM   #8
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Nice! More pictures, please! Including the rear! With the corners cut I hope there aren’t more hidden corners cut…I’d keep hunting things down to make sure it was done correctly.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:29 AM   #9
Diggs

I've been doing a few more things lately.

I put a SiriusXM antenna on the top of the windshield frame since the one in the shark fin was not good at all. Major drop outs with any little tree branch. I don't think that was part of the car mod process since I've heard others with the convertible have had a similar experience.

I am currently trying to get a custom tune (DiabloSport) but the first log shows the thing is running very lean so I need to make sure the exhaust has no leaks and the intake has no leaks. Could be part of the corner cutting right there.

I replaced the 1/4 panel top pieces (with the slider for when the top goes down) but I don't know if I messed something up or if it's from the builder because now I can't get the top to go down. I had it down, changed those top cover pieces, put the top up and now it says "Top Not Secure" and won't go down. The rear of the top lifts maybe an inch and nothing else. At least it's not stuck down...

My work blocks access to my google photos so hopefully I remember to add those extra pictures when I get home.

Diggs
Old Yesterday, 06:06 AM   #10
Diggs

Cool A few more photos

Enjoy!

Diggs
Attached Images

Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #11
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggs View Post
Enjoy!

Diggs
The rear photo gave me a Maverick Grabber flashback!
Attached Images

The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote