Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-15-2019, 03:19 PM   #15
rickybobby

Drives: BMW M3, ZL1 1LE
I have this issue too and am hoping GM figures this out for us. They're replacing the mic for me shortly so hopefully they will check all of the seals while everything is apart.
rickybobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 08:36 PM   #16
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
its simply way to far away. needs to be in headliner above driver.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 09:21 PM   #17
rickybobby

The mic replacement didn’t work and the dealer isn’t willing to help any further, so I opened up a case with GM.
Old 04-28-2019, 09:45 PM   #18
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
voice rec is just dumb.. i have some contact entries w numbers as leading entry.. if i say numbers in any way.. can't find contact.. but then if i go by part of the name, it reads the numbers too "two hundred" - just learn to work around dumb stuff.

In that regard, even 2013 era ford sync worked better.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:28 PM   #19
Bain

Drives: 2019 Shadow Gray Metallic ZL1
My wife took it back in today. The service coordinator called me an told me there was a service bulletin out on the mic, but GM wouldn’t replace it. The suggested fix was to put sound deadening behind both mics. He told me that the Camaro being a sports car doesn’t have as much insulation and sound deadening as SUV or sedan. I asked him if they tested it this time and he said the tech that installed the sound deadening said it was 30% better.

When she picked it up she called me driving. I could still hear some road noise, but I could hear her a lot better. She doesn’t sound like she is in a tin can anymore. I may have to open up the A-pillar and see what they did. Maybe I can find something else to help.
Bain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:32 PM   #20
Bain

Drives: 2019 Shadow Gray Metallic ZL1
On a side note both times it has been in for mic service the first thing they did in the drop off bay is plug in a scanner. I guess they aren’t a mod friendly dealer.
Bain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:50 PM   #21
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I beleave they have to scan it now everytime they do anything on it. It's to verify the vin. Not to see if it's been tuned.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 11:22 PM   #22
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Drives: Blue 2016 Camaro
My car is so bad that people will straight up ask me roll up my window - EVERY TIME!

I want to find a fix once and for all... Anyone know what kind of mic and interface they use?
Old 07-10-2019, 05:57 PM   #23
ChillaxAttack

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
The poor mic performance is due to its location in the A pillar and excessive wind noise. Apparently they looked at moving it to above the mirror which helped, but that was shot down due to cost...

I'm actually working on designing a modification to mount the microphone to trim piece surrounding the overhead lights by the mirror. If it works in mine I plan on producing some more if people are interested.
ChillaxAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:16 PM   #24
PantherXP836

Drives: 2017 Camaro LT, 1986 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillaxAttack View Post
The poor mic performance is due to its location in the A pillar and excessive wind noise. Apparently they looked at moving it to above the mirror which helped, but that was shot down due to cost...

I'm actually working on designing a modification to mount the microphone to trim piece surrounding the overhead lights by the mirror. If it works in mine I plan on producing some more if people are interested.
I would buy one...I considered the same thing and actually purchased a replacement mic to modify and the one they sent did not fit my 2017 1LT so I am still working on it
PantherXP836 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:24 PM   #25
Giri
Soon to be Millionaire

Drives: Blue 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillaxAttack View Post

I'll buy one too if I don't design my own replacement by then. I'm planning on replacing the mic completely if I can ever find a compatible replacement unit.
Old 07-11-2019, 05:11 PM   #26
rickybobby

GM just replaced my side mirror seal and it didn’t help either. They ordered a whole new mirror assembly but it came unpainted and they said they couldn’t match the flat black color from the 1LE package, so they they just took the seal off it it and transferred it to my existing mirror.
At any rate, I’ve given up on the warranty front and may take the pillar trim apart one of these days when I have some time. Working around the airbag makes me nervous though.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:50 AM   #27
dbiker207

Drives: 2019 chevy camaro 1ss 1le
Has anyone taken the a pillar apart and snapped some pictures? It sounds easy enough to add a little insulation behind the mic to reduce background noise.
dbiker207 is offline   Reply With Quote