Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 04-25-2019, 12:51 PM   #15
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
On the european sport sedans, the performance of the Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio already beated all BMW Ms as well of other euro sedans. But its reliability is very bad.
the Alfa Romeo is absolutely stunning visually IMO, not shocked about its reliability though
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 01:13 PM   #16
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
The last great BMW M3 was the E46 model for its great sport handling, lately BMW has been more focused to the luxury side leaving behind their sport handling fame. But Chevrolet has improved greatly on the performance department especially with their Camaros SS, SS1LE and the ZL1, Corvette and the Cadillac V series.

The only two BMW Ms which are sportier and are closer to the the previous Ms performance are the M2 & M5 models.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport

Last edited by Bosse'sBoss; 04-25-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:18 PM   #17
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
On the european sport sedans, the performance of the Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio already beated all BMW Ms as well of other euro sedans. But its reliability is very bad.
I heard it is an awesome driving car, except the brakes are fly-by-wire, and a bit wonky. Beautiful too. I wonder if that chassis will ever end up in a Challenger, or any other Dodge?
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:58 PM   #18
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
Cost of ownership on the M4 is thru the roof !! No one has mentioned that .
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:32 PM   #19
evanescent03

Drives: '19 SS 1LE/'19 Rubicon/'20 AT4
I had an M3 and I traded it in for a ‘16 SS. I loved the firm steering, braking and shifting compared to the M3 which felt like a rubbery mess in comparison. the V8 soundtrack really made me fall I in love as did the throttle response. From a money standpoint I should’ve held onto the M3 because I’ve had like 7 cars since that fateful day in 2016 trying to fill the all-rounded nature of the M3. Fast, looked great, good set of options for $70k, big support group for doing track days, felt well built.... but it did lack the sheer drama the Camaro has. I’m actually on my 3rd Camaro now I’m the past 3 yrs (with several other cars in between)... and I really just think that the SS 1LE is the best performance bang for the buck especially considering that there is a back seat to stuff my munchkins into.

If I had to spend much more time in the car commuting down the highway, I think I’d miss the M3 more. Nicer to be in. Still had a stick shift option. But for a weekend blast and for track duty, the SS 1LE is way more fun to me.
evanescent03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:28 AM   #20
ChiCamaro

Drives: Honda S2000, Mini Coop, Ducati M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
I had an M3 and I traded it in for a ‘16 SS. I loved the firm steering, braking and shifting compared to the M3 which felt like a rubbery mess in comparison. the V8 soundtrack really made me fall I in love as did the throttle response. From a money standpoint I should’ve held onto the M3 because I’ve had like 7 cars since that fateful day in 2016 trying to fill the all-rounded nature of the M3. Fast, looked great, good set of options for $70k, big support group for doing track days, felt well built.... but it did lack the sheer drama the Camaro has. I’m actually on my 3rd Camaro now I’m the past 3 yrs (with several other cars in between)... and I really just think that the SS 1LE is the best performance bang for the buck especially considering that there is a back seat to stuff my munchkins into.

If I had to spend much more time in the car commuting down the highway, I think I’d miss the M3 more. Nicer to be in. Still had a stick shift option. But for a weekend blast and for track duty, the SS 1LE is way more fun to me.
Which M3? I’m cross shopping E46 and E90 M3, E39 M5, and SS
ChiCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote